• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Orphalesion

That Alcremie's various "forms" are purely cosmetical. I think it would have been more fun if they each had a different secondary type, maybe depending on the type of sweet you give it to hold before evolution:

Strawberry: Pure Fairy
Blueberry: Fairy/Water
Love Sweet: Fairy/Psychic
Star: Fairy/Electric
Clover: Fairy/Grass
Flower:Fairy/Fire
Ribbon: Fairy/Poison

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That Alcremie's various "forms" are purely cosmetical. I think it would have been more fun if they each had a different secondary type, maybe depending on the type of sweet you give it to hold before evolution:

Strawberry: Pure Fairy
Blueberry: Fairy/Water
Love Sweet: Fairy/Psychic
Star: Fairy/Electric
Clover: Fairy/Grass
Flower:Fairy/Fire
Ribbon: Fairy/Poison
I’m OK with the cosmetics but like don’t make so many of them. Vivillon was at least tolerable despite a couple patterns being stupidly hard to get.

Orphalesion

I’m OK with the cosmetics but like don’t make so many of them. Vivillon was at least tolerable despite a couple patterns being stupidly hard to get.

Honestly Vivillion annoyed me a lot more, since I don't like content that is specific to the user's real world location and you had to rely on trade to get other patterns. With Alcremie you at least can get the one you want in your own game.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Really curious that after all that hyped reveal they are pretty much radio-silent now. At this point I wouldn't doubt if it ends up having a stealth release lol

D

Deleted member 384931

Really curious that after all that hyped reveal they are pretty much radio-silent now. At this point I wouldn't doubt if it ends up having a stealth release lol
Or they are afraid it wont sell. Pokemon in the game department has marketing issues since late 2017 in my opinion. It is like a curse they cant get rid off. Dex fiasco, spoiling everything in SM due trailers, DLC's not having alot of new stuff.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
TRs. Specifically the ones like TBolt or Flamethrower which were previously just normal TMs. I'll never understood the point :/
GF were probably tired of players heavily relying on certain TMs and ignoring others and created TRs to make players create different battle strategies. And most of the TRs are moves that are either extremely powerful or affects stats more and also have some drastic drawbacks like stat drops for the user. Metronome I’m guessing is a TR because of how randomized the results can be.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I love how after three months Pokemon unite has still more dislikes than likes in all the videos. And pokemon is silent about it ever since.

That's not a gear-grinding thing though. Does grind my gears a bit that you've held the grudge for so long.

It definitely won't. Pokémon Unite is laser-focused on the emergent Chinese audience, where MOBAs are a huge, huge thing. Its reputation doesn't matter anywhere else. That video was just to see if there'd be interest abroad. There have likely been more videos planned, if not released already, within China's borders without any outsiders to the country knowing.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Toys being horribly overpriced. Seriously, almost €200 for a 15.5 cm Raichu plush... Like, if it were actually full-scale (70 cm), it would at least be a tad understandable, but this is less than a quarter of that size. It's already hard enough to find ones in Europe that are actually of decent quality (accurate colours, proportions, etc), why is there so much junk spoiling the market where they can't even get the colours of the plushies right? So many of the Alolan Raichu that are more brown than orange.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Toys being horribly overpriced. Seriously, almost €200 for a 15.5 cm Raichu plush... Like, if it were actually full-scale (70 cm), it would at least be a tad understandable, but this is less than a quarter of that size. It's already hard enough to find ones in Europe that are actually of decent quality (accurate colours, proportions, etc), why is there so much junk spoiling the market where they can't even get the colours of the plushies right? So many of the Alolan Raichu that are more brown than orange.
That Raichu is also missing a nose and it looks really freaky. It’s like Michael Jackson got sent to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon universe and became an Alolan Raichu....

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
That Raichu is also missing a nose and it looks really freaky. It’s like Michael Jackson got sent to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon universe and became an Alolan Raichu....
I know right, and that Raichu is among the better Alolan Raichus on there, most of them are even worse. I can't find a good Alolan Raichu at all. Alolan Ninetales is a bit better fortunately, although looking on German Amazon means that half of them are labelled as Ninetales and half of them as Vulnona (Ninetales' German name) which is quite inconvenient, and also there you see terrible stuff (seriously, what is up with that scarf construction?)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

I'm more pissed about there not being much articulated figures for the human characters. But then that's because it probably didn't sell enough so it annoys me not enough people support those releases lol

Zero1999

This is something recently and i'm not quite sure if anybody has seen it, but in the GTS of the 6th generation games, i've seen people offering Pokemon with no name and on the description advertising their instagram accounts or just plain nicknaming the Pokemon as their instagram account or Discord name which strikes as odd and annoying.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
This is something recently and i'm not quite sure if anybody has seen it, but in the GTS of the 6th generation games, i've seen people offering Pokemon with no name and on the description advertising their instagram accounts or just plain nicknaming the Pokemon as their instagram account or Discord name which strikes as odd and annoying.

They're doing something similar now among hackers who distribute their generated Pokémon and sell them for a living who nickname them all as a URL or social media name. They're using it as a platform for advertising their services.

Zero1999

They're doing something similar now among hackers who distribute their generated Pokémon and sell them for a living who nickname them all as a URL or social media name. They're using it as a platform for advertising their services.
It's so weird, i tried searching if someone recently came across at this, not just in the 6th gen GTS but also in the 7th gen games but no results, I didn't expect this, if the GTS was bad with their ridiculous trades this is just making the experience trading Pokemon online to worse, and to top of it, most of the Pokemon that are offered are from the same person advertising his/her social media platform

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's so weird, i tried searching if someone recently came across at this, not just in the 6th gen GTS but also in the 7th gen games but no results, I didn't expect this, if the GTS was bad with their ridiculous trades this is just making the experience trading Pokemon online to worse, and to top of it, most of the Pokemon that are offered are from the same person advertising his/her social media platform
Word. I've seen ones before that were a part of someone's stupid social media contest for a shiny Pokemon, and those were bad enough. The example you mentioned is that much worse.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh yeah, one thing that DOES annoy me a bit: When some people talk about competitive Pokémon battling, the official rules (double battles, pick 4 Pokémon during Team Preview) seems to be an afterthought. For instance, on TV Tropes, there is a bunch of mention of competitive battling under the assumption you expect full-team single battles, whereas that is a fanmade ruleset, without even so much of a thought as to the VGCs rules existing. You can see that in Pokémon of the Week on this very site too. There is very little talk even about double battling, aside from certain things being only practical in double battling as if it was a novelty format rather than the one every official competition uses. The most notable case is that there is much talk about entry hazards being a crucial thing in these battles, even though in the games themselves, there's little use of that even in single battles due to picking only 3 Pokémon to a team due to so little switching taking place. (This renders both Dracovish and Galarian Darmanitan frequently impractical; you can see it in how neither made the top 10 in even Ranked Singles.)

For the record, early single battle teams of mine for the official games had entry hazard users and Rapid Spin/Defog users, but I quickly found myself never putting them to much use and later replacing them with strategies that I'd find more use for.

Is this a case of vocal minority, silent majority?

Last edited: