• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The only way to get people to stop talking about something is to ignore them and let them talk themselves to the point of boredom. Mentioning that it’s a tired subject doesn’t help.
Maybe, but it's not like people will pay attention to me much or stop posting this type of stuff.

DistantKingdom would actually have some points if he didn’t stoop down to the level of the people who he’s constantly arguing with on Twitter (i.e both sides acting like children) so it’s better to just ignore people who can’t express themselves without ad hominem attacks.
I would hesitate to use a "both sides" argument, and I don't mean between people who go after Sword and Shield and people who defend it.
Rather, DistantKingdom has been known to dogwhistle his hounds to go after people who have disagreed with him.

Serebii Joe said he would rather deal with Verlisify, which is saying a lot.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
That some typings sometimes aren't as widely spreaded as they are meant to be...

For instance:
  • In Gen 6, we got the Fairy type for a few Pokémon, such as Water, Electric, Grass and Psychic... but not Fire. Vulpix and Ninetails could have been Fire/Fairy, given that their Alolan versions became Fairy.
  • Fire/Rock didn't get a second specie for 5 Generations (Torkoal to Coalossal).
  • Electric/Dark didn't get a typing until Gen 8.
  • Electric/Ghost hasn't received a second specie since Rotom... when ghosts related to electromagnetic waves are common in fiction.
  • Pure Flying types are apparently very rare until Rookidee.
  • Fire/Steel and Water/Steel are apparently quite rare as well.
  • Normal types should have covered every single dual-type combination possible by now, given are numerous they are, and yet we don't have Bug, Poison (Dunsparce), Rock (Kangaskhan), Ice (Eiscue), Ghost (Komala) and Steel (Bouffalant).
  • The same could be said for Flying, Water and Bug, mostly if their ecosystem is based around avians, fishes and insects, which are numerous in the real world.
Torkoal is pure fire

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Rather, DistantKingdom has been known to dogwhistle his hounds to go after people who have disagreed with him.
This isn’t about SwSh. It’s about how people continue to say that someone’s being toxic but do just as much as them. I don’t have a positive opinion on DK but the people who he was arguing with in the situation were no better. He’s shown up on my timeline way before SwSh even existed. I don’t like how Joe expressed himself with DK either but I’m not getting into that so I’ll just leave it at that.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The only way to get people to stop talking about something is to ignore them and let them talk themselves to the point of boredom. Mentioning that it’s a tired subject doesn’t help.

DistantKingdom would actually have some points if he didn’t stoop down to the level of the people who he’s constantly arguing with on Twitter (i.e both sides acting like children) so it’s better to just ignore people who can’t express themselves without ad hominem attacks.
To a point it's fine. But once it starts to devolve into attacks, etc., then it's crossing a line imo.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Gonna move on.

I think the keys in BW2 were not well implemented.

The difficulty keys were a prime example of this.
Why have hard difficulty tied to an unlockable in one version when you could have made it avaiable in the beginning?

And maybe I'm biased but I wish you just unlocked the Regi keys in game rather than have two of the three OG regis tied to version exclusive keys.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Gonna move on.

I think the keys in BW2 were not well implemented.

The difficulty keys were a prime example of this.
Why have hard difficulty tied to an unlockable in one version when you could have made it avaiable in the beginning?

And maybe I'm biased but I wish you just unlocked the Regi keys in game rather than have two of the three OG regis tied to version exclusive keys.
Agreed about the version exclusive keys. That wouldn't be a good thing for anyone who wasn't able to get both versions.

This isn’t about SwSh. It’s about how people continue to say that someone’s being toxic but do just as much as them. I don’t have a positive opinion on DK but the people who he was arguing with in the situation were no better. He’s shown up on my timeline way before SwSh even existed. I don’t like how Joe expressed himself with DK either but I’m not getting into that so I’ll just leave it at that.

Ignition

To a point it's fine. But once it starts to devolve into attacks, etc., then it's crossing a line imo.
Pretty much. It’s why I’m just done with the entire SwSh controversy (especially with certain people on the forums who generalize way too much to warrant an actual discussion). Attempts at trying to understand other view points just seem disingenuous IMO. Easier to just let people think what they want instead of constantly mentioning how often it’s brought up
About the Raid issue, do you mean people who just use attacks on others in the raid instead of the raid Pokemon? Those kinds of people, I wish I could ban from raids.
Mainly yes but also people who aren’t really contributing when they could. For example, when someone has a 4x super effective move but just don’t click it. It’s either elaborate trolling or just someone who’s not familiar with the mechanics.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Pretty much. It’s why I’m just done with the entire SwSh controversy (especially with certain people on the forums who generalize way too much to warrant an actual discussion). Attempts at trying to understand other view points just seem disingenuous IMO. Easier to just let people think what they want instead of constantly mentioning how often it’s brought up

Mainly yes but also people who aren’t really contributing when they could. For example, when someone has a 4x super effective move but just don’t click it. It’s either elaborate trolling or just someone who’s not familiar with the mechanics.

Good points.

Fair points. I'm not as angry with the latter people as we all have to learn the ropes, game wise, somehow, but the former really ticks me off. People like that make raids a chore more than anything.

And people who leave before a raid starts. Ugh. To them: Don't join a raid if you don't plan on staying in it.

Ignition

Good points.

Fair points. I'm not as angry with the latter people as we all have to learn the ropes, game wise, somehow, but the former really ticks me off. People like that make raids a chore more than anything.

And people who leave before a raid starts. Ugh. To them: Don't join a raid if you don't plan on staying in it.
I’m not bothered with those learning the ropes. I just wish there was some way to help them without it potentially costing the entire raid. Ultimately I’m not upset since it’s likely a beginner but the people who leave or attack their teammates are the worst which I agree on.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I’m not bothered with those learning the ropes. I just wish there was some way to help them without it potentially costing the entire raid. Ultimately I’m not upset since it’s likely a beginner but the people who leave or attack their teammates are the worst which I agree on.
Yea that would be awesome, like some kind of in game chat. Only problem with that would be trolls, etc., abusing it. Word. The latter two, just take me out of the game. Only exception being if the person hosting the raid accidentally leaves. I've done that before, by mistake.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I have yet to run into this issue of being attack by a teammate. Let's hope it stays that way.

But if it ever happens, I'll make sure to attack him/her as well :p

KillerDraco

Full disclosure, I've attacked teammates in Raids before, but never for Dynamax Adventures. But it's usually because we're gonna win anyway, so I crank out an Earthquake to KO that one guy who HAD to bring Eternatus or something unnecessary...

Seriously, I hate when people just spam Eternatus in Max Raid Battles. It's boring as heck.

So I'm always glad to show how I feel during a raid.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I brought a Gastrodon to a Fire-type raid once. Sounds like a good idea when you don't think about it, right?

The trouble is, all 3 of my partners also brought Water-types. And I brought a Gastrodon with Storm Drain... I'm kind of surprised I didn't get teamkilled for that, if anything deserves it that would probably be it, haha.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Full disclosure, I've attacked teammates in Raids before, but never for Dynamax Adventures. But it's usually because we're gonna win anyway, so I crank out an Earthquake to KO that one guy who HAD to bring Eternatus or something unnecessary...

Seriously, I hate when people just spam Eternatus in Max Raid Battles. It's boring as heck.

So I'm always glad to show how I feel during a raid.

Yea it can be, but sometimes they come in handy in a tougher raid.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Here's a new one: the complete refusal to give us Ash clothes as a customization option. The closest the main games ever got to that was on USUM and that's mostly because Ash used the same clothes as Elio with the only difference being the cap (which they made avaliable).

Just look at Pokémon Go giving us Goh's clothes (will totally start using them lol) yet nothing on Ash. This has to stop, just let me dress my character as my favorite, danm it!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Something I've seen lately is an increase in frequency in which I wind up with Pokémon from for-profit hackers using Surprise Trade. I'd say it currently now makes up about 10% of my Surprise Trades; they are by far the most common recipients. It feels like spam.

It happens at all hours of the day. What are they doing? Are they using sweatshop labor 24/7?

Luthor

There's only a few options which make sense to use Dynite ore on but most you can get much easier from other places. If they offered options like Apricorn balls or move tutor moves it would feel a bit more useful.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Something I've seen lately is an increase in frequency in which I wind up with Pokémon from for-profit hackers using Surprise Trade. I'd say it currently now makes up about 10% of my Surprise Trades; they are by far the most common recipients. It feels like spam.

It happens at all hours of the day. What are they doing? Are they using sweatshop labor 24/7?

Ok, time to admit: while I do delete the hacked mons, I tend to the take their items to use. I currently have like 5 spare master balls because of that lol Also I got Destiny Knot without wasting BP as well (that was before Isle of Armor)

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Trick Room in Dynamax Adventures.

The AI almost always uses it with absolutely no regard for anything else on the field, even if other teammates are fast Pokemon. Yes, this can benefit you if all your team is slow, but there's no way to reliably have such a set up because the rentals are randomised. I have lost quite a bit of them because of Trick Room, bosses tend to very often one shot something before it gets to move (especially the end boss) or purposely go after weakened teammates, costing us too many lives to cope. Dynamax Adventures in general can get very frustrating, especially if your shiny hunting, but Trick Room has really annoyed me at the moment.

Also noticed this post:

I've mentioned this before. Way too often I've gotten Pokemon with website names as nicknames, and it's really obvious they're hacked. It's also noticeable that they do it as advertising, which I feel is really scummy. Even in the earlier days for me.