• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Hypnosis, hypnosis, and more freaking hypnosis, usually followed by confuse ray in the Black Tower/White Treehollow. I hate that.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Anything that uses Detect six times in a row.

Pokemon that hit you twice before you can hit them even though you're FASTER than they are and they're not using a speed-enhanced move.

Zubat.

Paralysis when used on me. 'Cuz my Pokemon can't move 70% of the time and a paralyzed wild Pokemon is only paralyzed 30% of the time. And never when you most need it to be.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Supersonic when used by the computer. That move has a 55% accuracy rating.

But when the computer uses it it seems to be closer to 90 %

that and cute pokemon that don't evolve past the cuteness. I just do not like cuddly looking pokemon.

When you're playing someone over wifi and you both can't hit the other one with the move's you have left (I had a marowak he had a normal form rotom)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
After a random battle is over and it goes to the blue screen asking you to continue, you turn off the power and they count it as a rage quit -__-

Inactivity of my water type club -_-

Genwunners and Double Team. That move is banned from competitive play for a reason, it's just so freaking cheap. And don't even get me started on Genwunners.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Having my pokemon "immobilized by love" for six or seven turns in a row after the opponent uses Infatuate or Cute Charm ><

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
gen1 purists, take of your nostalgia glasses long enough to realise that later gens have awesome pokemon, too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkK0z2ALU_4

THIIIIISSSS

I can't with "originaly 150 were the best!!!!11" like no Gen1 had friggen grimer are you kidding me. Nostalgia freaks give us older fans a bad name. Especially because R/B/Y was really glitchy and honestly boring compared to today's games.

Anyway.

Triple battles annoy the hell out of me. Both the all at once and the kind that rotate each pokemon. Double battles were cool, but wth is up with triple battles. Just. No.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
And don't even get me started on Genwunners.

Be careful about bringing 'gen wars' into this. If a Mod thinks this thread is turning into one of those, it'll be closed faster than you can say 'blue streak'.

Anyway, here's the most controversial thing that grinds my gears. And fear not. I fully expect to be bashed for this.

Competitive battling really annoys me, because it tends to be a very elitist sport. What I mean by that is they tend to get their panties in a bundle if you're not playing the game the way THEY want you to play it. Also, if you criticize competitive battling, they tend to act like they know better than you, or just act like they're better than you in general.

Last edited:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I really hate it when you encounter wild Pokémon your team is at a disadvantage with and you could not run away from a battle.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The thing that grinds my gears the most is when the opponent's Pokémon like Lillipup starts using Work Up repeatedly and knocks you out when they are a little bit weaker than you. I remember that this caused me so much raging hate when the first time I challenged Aspertia Gym in Black 2. It took me like 20 tries because of this.

Another thing that grinds my gears is when the opponent turns off the game during the middle of a Wi-Fi battle whenever you are in the lead. I've got to admit that I'm guilty of doing it in the past back during the 4th Generation, but I learned how annoying it is when you are on the receiving end. Just complete unsportsmanlike conduct in my books.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
being able to catch Lv.50's no prob, but when i find a freaking Lv.30 Axew, the game decides to say "Screw You", and it takes foreeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrr.

SonicX28

Multi-scale Dragonites. A good ice beam from an EV Trained Starmie w/ choice Specs and nearly flawless IV's in Sp. Attack can't take it down.

Also Latios. An ice beam usually doesn't take it down.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Also Latios. An ice beam usually doesn't take it down.

Sucker punch cacturne with asamant or a lonely nature...it's over right there. Also have a focus scarf and with low kick on it and you can kiss terrakion (too overrated) goodbye

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Another thing that grinds my gears is when the opponent turns off the game during the middle of a Wi-Fi battle whenever you are in the lead.

I'm completely with you on the Wi-Fi battle thing. I really hope they do impose a penalty for doing that in X and Y, because that is so annoying, even when you're just a casual player.

Nintendo, if you're listening, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!

Enjolras

Master of the House
Minimize. A Clefable took down all but one member of my team by spamming this, Sing, and Metronome. Hate evasion.