• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah and using "trade bait" so you get a error and have to restart the console :mad: Luckily i found a legit Eevee after finding it in Petalburg Forest postgame :)
But it was way easier compared to the ammount of Electrikes and Galarian Meowth's charging rushing me in Sword...that one took me 45 minutes of searching and it's a hidden 1% spawn inside the grass pokemon instead of overworld.
Sneasels and Weaviles are also a real pain in many areas for charging at me. Whoever person thought the charge/gang up on the human was a good thing is so *****
That's horrible. Now that I think about it, I traded someone a Pokemon and what they traded me made the GTS show a corrupted data warning, like it was manipulated in some way. I took a pic of the Pokemon and released it.

Well that's good.

Yea those are a pain.

Found some info on that guy, he's done this kind of malicious hacking for years now.

Last edited:

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Just tried to do a trade on GTS but there's a lot of hacked pokemon created by a player named Adventure Snivy. Why hasn't Gamefreak or Nintendo banned this players from GTS servers. It's sad when you try to search for common creatures and one guy happens to have hordes of the same hacked creatures.

That trade (don't know if it was him) got me a few minutes ago while trying a Zubat for a Weavile (i was going for it t go after a mew trade)
My console froze and had trouble appearing again on the home screen for a while.

when did Gamefreak stop monitoring this or are Homebrewers too difficult to stop?
I never use the GTS for similar reasons. Seems like either some Pokemon are hacked, some traders ask for ridiculously rare Pokemon while offering common Pokemon or I just can't find a trader who wants to make a reasonable trade.

That said I think some of the newer hacked Pokemon are harder to detect so maybe the servers just don't pick up on them?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I never use the GTS for similar reasons. Seems like either some Pokemon are hacked, some traders ask for ridiculously rare Pokemon while offering common Pokemon or I just can't find a trader who wants to make a reasonable trade.

That said I think some of the newer hacked Pokemon are harder to detect so maybe the servers just don't pick up on them?
I think it's time for Nintendo to crack harder on the older games. If they got a japan player arrested in Pokemon Home and thrown in jail for selling modded mons 40 for dollars a piece... then it should be easy to track hackers modders and homebrewers who spam several rows of the same things and low level rares that are too good to be true.

I wonder why they can't offer Pokemon GTS on on android and iphone (That way you can trade online on the go with your phone and when get home your mons are ready for use on the 3DS if you aren't transferring into SWORD and SHIELD)

Android has higher security standards than GTS has and could make it easy to track down cheaters like the japan case proved.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wonder why they can't offer Pokemon GTS on on android and iphone (That way you can trade online on the go with your phone and when get home your mons are ready for use on the 3DS if you aren't transferring into SWORD and SHIELD)

Because your phone does not know what pokémon are in your 3DS game, nor can it modify its save data... If you really want to trade on the go on the 3DS just make a hotspot with your phone and connect your 3DS to that, then trade on the go from the GTS on your game.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think it's time for Nintendo to crack harder on the older games. If they got a japan player arrested in Pokemon Home and thrown in jail for selling modded mons 40 for dollars a piece... then it should be easy to track hackers modders and homebrewers who spam several rows of the same things and low level rares that are too good to be true.

Android has higher security standards than GTS has and could make it easy to track down cheaters like the japan case proved.
Problem with that is the sheer amount of innocent people that could be wrongly flagged due to having those Pokemon.

I doubt it. There's still plenty of hackers via the Android version of the GTS.

Orphalesion

That actually makes sense. The only times I can think of where you might see someone with a starter outside of you and your rival(s) are in GSC/HGSS with Calvin and DPPt where Gardenia has a Turtwig and various trainers have one of the Starter stages so you can complete the Sinnoh Dex and get the National Dex and access to the Battle Tower/Zone.

And Red and Blue had a trainer in Erika's gym who used an Ivysaur.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
And Red and Blue had a trainer in Erika's gym who used an Ivysaur.
Really? I must have not battled her as I typically go the one route in Erika’s Gym on the far right side of the screen as you don’t battle as many trainers that way.

Orphalesion

Really? I must have not battled her as I typically go the one route in Erika’s Gym on the far right side of the screen as you don’t battle as many trainers that way.
Yup I remember it from when I was a kid, because it seemed so unusual to me.

And I also double-checked Bulbapedia. Apparently there's a Junior Trainer who uses Bulbasaur and Ivysaur, as well as a Cooltrainer who uses an Ivysaur:

It seems they're also there in FR/LG (I haven't played those, so I can't confirm) but in Let's Go their Bulbasaur and Ivysaurs were cut (again, can't confirm because I wouldn't touch Let's Go if it was the last Pokemon game in the world)

Luthor

That actually makes sense. The only times I can think of where you might see someone with a starter outside of you and your rival(s) are in GSC/HGSS with Calvin and DPPt where Gardenia has a Turtwig and various trainers have one of the Starter stages so you can complete the Sinnoh Dex and get the National Dex and access to the Battle Tower/Zone.

There's also the occasions where Lance and Clair have used a Charizard as part of their team though to be honest this is more a reflection of how limited they are in Dragon typed options in Kanto and Johto. Leon's ace is a Gigantamaxing Charizard too. But I will admit I would expect to see more starters around regions than we currently see.

Pokefan_1987

Just got badly ripped off on GTS. My lvl Chimchar was supposed to be traded for a shiny absol. However i got a error and when my console was back online no Absol just a empty slot where Chimchar was. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can't remember who the player name.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got ripped off on GTS. My lvl Chimchar was supposed to be traded for a shiny absol. However i got a error and when my console was back online no Absol just a empty slot where Chimchar was. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
That's horrible. So the person was trying to clone? Or did they disconnect somehow?

TyranatarGojira

When the US gets event distributions that force you to jump through a ton of hoops, and other countries just have to get a code off a website.

Stop trying to make Pokepass a thing Nintendo. It's not going to be a thing.

Pokefan_1987

That's horrible. So the person was trying to clone? Or did they disconnect somehow?
Don't know, it was a pink shiny lvl 100 Absol.
It was not in a large row by the same person. It was just at the very end of Absols and i thought it seemed legit.

And how does disconnecting allow a person to steal a pokemon?

EDIT: Found something odd. What does "BACK" or "QUIT THE GTS" mean if it shows up in gender or level?

this shows what happened when Chimchar was lost, it's supposedly a security measure but i didn't get him back

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Don't know, it was a pink shiny lvl 100 Absol.
It was not in a large row by the same person. It was just at the very end of Absols and i thought it seemed legit.

And how does disconnecting allow a person to steal a pokemon?
If someone is cloning it would. I've run into it before. Lost the Pokemon I was trading and didn't get the other one in return.

I'll have to double check the specifics though. But I've heard it was a timing thing.

Found it.

The way the person did it before can't be done now, but what happened to you sounds similar.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And sadly no easy way for nintendo to help out.
Yep. I just added in an article about it in the previous post, if you want to check it out.

Pokefan_1987

Yep. I just added in an article about it in the previous post, if you want to check it out.
I checked... But now i'm sure this is a new type of baiting and disconnecting type of prank to make people lose a valuable pokemon since the data trade gets corrupted and the offender doesn't care what happened to his pokemon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I checked... But now i'm sure this is a new type of baiting and disconnecting type of prank to make people lose a valuable pokemon since the data trade gets corrupted and the offender doesn't care what happened to his pokemon.
Maybe. I ran into it in Pokemon Moon too for what it's worth and it sucks.

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Some Pokémon... questionable design:
  • Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur not being more frog-like... I don't understand why it took so long to reveal their inspiration.
  • Houndoom NOT having ears O_O
  • Sneasel having only one ear
  • Feebas not having distinct traits from Milotic, similar to how Magikarp has Gyarados's whiskers
  • Electivire's eyes not being like Electabuzz's
  • Gliscor's eyes not being like Gligar's
  • Heatmor's... whatever tube that comes out of its belly o_O
  • Barbaracle's hand-shaped head XD
  • Klefki having the same 4 keys... when like Spinda, it could have gotten multiple forms with 4 keys out of 10 possible ones
  • Any Pokémon with clothing... which apparently are part of their bodies :p
  • Drampa not having a distinct female version, like how Jellicent has. Then again, it should have been called Drelder (Dragon + Elder) if it was the case ^^;
  • Thwackey, Raboot and Drizzile all looking like troublesome teenagers... and I really would like to know if it was intended XD
  • Dubwoll losing Wooloo's braids ;_;
  • Applin, Flapple and Appletun having flap eyes... which is disturbing o_O
  • Arctovish's inverted head; I know it's the joke, but... how on Earth can you flip a fossil head by mistake? and no, even the anime episode doesn't make sense about that. I kinda can understand Dracovish, thinking that the tail might look like an actual body, but the head being upside-down? Come on now. They got it "right" for Dracovish, so who actually thought "Oh yeah, the maw clearly goes upward" :p !?