• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Just played X and Y for first time. But the taxi system, i got lost and couldn't find Lysandre Cafe after the Lumiose Gym Battle. The cab said the standard fare is 710 but after reaching the cafe it was 3500. I'm not using a taxi again. It can take a unexpected amount of money.
I find the taxi cab service to be incredibly redundant. I think I only relied on it once while playing X/Y. But for subsequent expeditions within the city, I would rather rely on memory to find certain locations than pay for a cab.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Just played X and Y for first time. But the taxi system, i got lost and couldn't find Lysandre Cafe after the Lumiose Gym Battle. The cab said the standard fare is 710 but after reaching the cafe it was 3500. I'm not using a taxi again. It can take a unexpected amount of money.

Keep in mind i use most of my money on items inmediately so i don't lose a lot of prize money early on if i lose. The game also doesn't warn you about style lowering costs. this city is so confusing and the tank controls inside streets is really clunky and it difficult to know where you're going when circling around Lumiose Gym for the exits.

I think during my entire playthrough of X, I never used the taxis. All I needed was to just look at a Lumiose City map online.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I find the taxi cab service to be incredibly redundant. I think I only relied on it once while playing X/Y. But for subsequent expeditions within the city, I would rather rely on memory to find certain locations than pay for a cab.
I only used them during my first playthrough during the first two days of when they were just released and maps weren’t available online yet to get to streets that I had trouble finding.

Orphalesion

That Kalos has only one regional mega evolution in it's name and it's a mythical, of all things. They give megas to Kanto's and Hoenn's starters and various regional Pokemon that are not Kalos, but not the region where it was discovered in? They thankfully learned their lesson in Alola and Galar with Z-moves and Gigantamax forms respectively, but it's silly that Kalos as a region got passed out of it's own special gimmick.
Yeah that was pretty annoying. Especially since (iirc) several storyline battles make a great deal out of Mega-Evolution. Like your friendly rival

Rival: "Show me how you mastered Mega Evolution!"
Me: But I don't have any Pokemon that can mega evolve on my team, because none of the Kalos Pokemon have any megas :confused:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Yeah that was pretty annoying. Especially since (iirc) several storyline battles make a great deal out of Mega-Evolution. Like your friendly rival

Rival: "Show me how you mastered Mega Evolution!"
Me: But I don't have any Pokemon that can mega evolve on my team, because none of the Kalos Pokemon have any megas :confused:
And that's why i don't run any form of a mono-regional team. To avoid disadvantages like that, and talking about Mega Evolutions.

Mega Lucario, a pokemon heavily advertised by being given one for free early in the game and appeared a lot early in the x and y in the anime.... it can get screwed over easily if not used properly in a battle.
Right now I hate Golbat/Crobat in the Pokemon X playthrough because i've underestimated their movesets a lot it whenever when Team Flare members use it when i'm putting Sylveon back in reserve (Cross Poison vs Fairy) and then they use Acrobatics or Air Slash and it does a insane ammount of damage often KO-ing Mega Lucario.
At least their Liepard and Mienfoo/Mienshao don't use Fake Out a lot in Team Flare when i use Sylveon (even when they have Liepard...those were notorious Fake Out user on Team Plasma) But their High Jump Kick is still annoying.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

And that's why i don't run any form of a mono-regional team. To avoid disadvantages like that, and talking about Mega Evolutions.
It wasn't really a disadvantage, since for all the hype around "mega evolved Pokemon" the Megas the storyline threw at you still fell prey to type-disadvantages just as easily as their non-mega counterparts.
Just the dialogue was annoying when those characters talked about how they wanted to see you use Megas.

Mega Lucario, a pokemon heavily advertised by being given one for free early in the game and appeared a lot early in the x and y in the anime.... it can get screwed over easily if not used properly in a battle.
Personally I don't like Lucario, no matter if it's mega or regular.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What about Gen 8? Do double battles lag?
I haven’t done any online battles this Gen tbh so I’m not sure. All I know that online battles using the VGC rule set of having triple battles really slowed things down drastically when online which is why it was removed in Gen VII. The animations of the Pokémon became ridiculously slowed down which is very noticeable with Flying types that flap their wings in their idle animations.

Pokefan_1987

Just found out Spritzee is exclusive to Y version. Not many on GTS are offering it for trade either and not Aromatisse either.

Ultra Sun is even worse for the fairy bird, it is not in the game and is transfer only in all of alola versions :mad:
I mean really, it's a brand new previous generation bird but even in a definitive version (Ultra) It gets shafted but the Sachet is in the game. And unfortunately not a lot of people are interesting in breeding and distributing it.

EDIT: But i still decided to ditch Aromatisse it so i didn't have to deal with a Perish Song on Lapras in S.O.S. I thought Aromatisse is in the extended dex pages but it wasn't so i moved on.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Was hunting pokedex entries in Pokemon X version while riding the bus home. I wish i had known that Smeargle only has 1 PP for Sketch. I used Xerneas Thunder Wave on it and had then used False Swipe Hawlucha like i do with wild pokemon. However Smeargle used Struggle and fainted

Took more than 20 minutes finding another one on Route 7 because i thought it was in the Connecting Cave (Forgot about the Grass) and Smeargle has a really really low Spawn Rate :mad:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Was hunting pokedex entries in Pokemon X version while riding the bus home. I wish i had known that Smeargle only has 1 PP for Sketch. I used Xerneas Thunder Wave on it and had then used False Swipe Hawlucha like i do with wild pokemon. However Smeargle used Struggle and fainted

Took more than 20 minutes finding another one on Route 7 because i thought it was in the Connecting Cave (Forgot about the Grass) and Smeargle has a really really low Spawn Rate :mad:
Playing Pokemon x? U r a person of culture

Pokefan_1987

Playing Pokemon x? U r a person of culture
Kinda i just like seeing more Mega Evolutions and wanted the story Mega Charizard and Mewtwo X are in the X Version. Just got lucky shiny Yveltal in a this Wednesday. It looks amazing. Lumiose is my least favorite area. Didn't get the save freeze but dear lord the layout finding the Rouge and Verdant plaza's is very annoying.

X and Y easily ranks number 1 in terms of storytelling but also some least favorite gym puzzles too (Snowbelle Gym disco colored Rubik's cube nearly gave me a color migraine) However it doesn't compare to the Rainbow Rocket. When you go for the Team Aqua leader and have to touch panels in correct sequence, the sequences are randomized so youtube can't help. Had to use my phone camera recorder to memorize it because the grunt dance screwed me up.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Kinda i just like seeing more Mega Evolutions and the story Mega Charizard and Mewtwo X are i the X Version. Just got lucky shiny Yveltal in a this Wednesday. It looks amazing. Lumiose is my least favorite area. Didn't get the save freeze but dear lord the layout finding the Rouge and Verdant plaza's is annoying

X and Y easily ranks number 1 in terms of storytelling but also some least favorite gym puzzles too (Snowbelle Gym disco colored Rubik's cube nearly gave me a color migraine) However it doesn't compare to the Rainbow Rocket. When you go for the Team Aqua leader and have to touch things correctly, the sequences are randomized. Had to use my phone camera recorder to memorize it because the grunt dance screwed me up.
You don't have to worry about the save freeze. Game Freak patched it up.