• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I pretty much stopped playing Go as well because of how much space it takes up plus the fact that you need to be connected to WiFi for it to work is annoying. I evolved one of my Shiny Meltan into Melmetal and that is good enough for me. Took me two years to do it though which was irritating. Home is far more useful than Go ever was.
It happened to me with Pokemon Masters. It took so much space on my phone. And It always required more and more updates with each having more space. It was super annoyin so I deleted it

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It happened to me with Pokemon Masters. It took so much space on my phone. And It always required more and more updates with each having more space. It was super annoyin so I deleted it
Also the game has several difficulty spikes on top of heaps of 3 characters stories for 30+ characters and truckloads of events and it becomes impossible to keep up to date. The weaknesses are also messed up. Go riddance fake Masters.

WalesNote

Pokemon Go not using the standard stat growth/leveling system found in the main series. WHY MAKE IT DIFFERENT AND STUPID?????
Generations introducing new pokémon that aren't actually in the region (houndour, mukrow, larvitar in gen 2).
Trades in which the other pokemon is holding an everstone.
Being confused and paralyzed at the same time.
Not putting in day/night time mechanics in the 3rd gen. DOES TIME NOT EXIST IN GEN 3????
Not putting seasons in later gens. THEY ARE SO PRETTY.
Your gen VII journey holds your hand way too much. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE AN ADVENTURE.
Shiny pokemon looking either ugly or barely different from their standard counterpart.
The anime not following the plot of the games (looking at you, Best Wishes).
The games not including more stuff from the anime (how about being able to choose the type of battles when battling trainers? Or gyms?)
The games having characters that don't do anything (gym leaders that are cool but just stand there. FOREVER).

Also, what if every move in the game was a TM? So many to collect. So many. Would love it.

Orphalesion

How I realized that just when talking to a friend. But how bad Red and Blue were about the distribution of water types. Until you get the second rod in Fuchsia City your only options are 1)picking Squirtle as a starter 2) buying that Magicarp, or catching one with the first rod 3)evolving the Eevee you get in Celadon into Vaporeon.
You only get access to most water types at a time when you can't even use their basic forms anymore, instead you pretty much have to grind their levels up to match the rest of your team, at which point they evolve.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Something that still puzzles me is the surge of scalpers with the TCG. The fact that some grown prioritize taking cards and using them to manipulate desperate kids and/or their parents to pay way more than the cards were initially sold for will always be disgusting to me. It’s always the older generations killing the fun for everyone else.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If it was only with the kids.... I think I'll never find an Ultraman Titas Figuarts with a price less than like 4x times the original retail price... And that one was from 2020!

WalesNote

Wanting to get that pokeball 2ds xl, but can't find any pal versions that aren't overly expensive. Can find the japanese ones easily. But then again, I don't reall need one, just want one for collecting or because it just looks great, and that means I'll have more stuff even though I want to try minimalism. Sad.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
I am trying to fill the pokedex in Sword and Shield, but I can't trade, so I can only get Slurpuff through raids, and it took forever for a Slurpuff to appear, and I MISCLICKED AND HIT DON'T CATCH.

I had to wait multiple months for another one to appear (then again, I don't play every day)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
It grinds my gears that in OR/AS, Snorunt can be found in every room of Shoal Cave and not only in the icy room only accessible when the tide is low. What makes it worse is the fact that particular room can't ever become permanently unaccessible, unlike in Generation III.

WalesNote

It grinds my gears that in OR/AS, Snorunt can be found in every room of Shoal Cave and not only in the icy room only accessible when the tide is low. What makes it worse is the fact that particular room can't ever become permanently unaccessible, unlike in Generation III.
I don't understand how that room not being unaccessible is a bad thing? AND I LOVE SNORUNT. Little triangle dude.

ng024

The impossibility of having a complete living pokedex due to event only pokemon which were only ever distributed a handful of times.

There are 10 pokemon i don't have. They are the same ones that 95% of players don't. Mew, shaymin, hoopa, darkrai etc.

iirc they distributed all of these in 2016 for the 20th anniversary leading up to the release of sun and moon and anyone with a copy of the 6th gen games could get them. I was just getting back into the franchise at this point and did not own any 6th gen games until the next year so i 100% missed this distribution by like a couple months which kind of sucks.

I remember a couple of years ago i almost bought one of those stupid carts off of ebay with "ALL 600 POKEMON EVENT & SHINY" but i really don't want to give those folks my money as they might as well be selling bootleg t-shirts.

I was kind of hoping they would do another distribution this year for the 25th but i guess we get post malone and katy perry instead. cool -_-

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The impossibility of having a complete living pokedex due to event only pokemon which were only ever distributed a handful of times.

There are 10 pokemon i don't have. They are the same ones that 95% of players don't. Mew, shaymin, hoopa, darkrai etc.

iirc they distributed all of these in 2016 for the 20th anniversary leading up to the release of sun and moon and anyone with a copy of the 6th gen games could get them. I was just getting back into the franchise at this point and did not own any 6th gen games until the next year so i 100% missed this distribution by like a couple months which kind of sucks.

I remember a couple of years ago i almost bought one of those stupid carts off of ebay with "ALL 600 POKEMON EVENT & SHINY" but i really don't want to give those folks my money as they might as well be selling bootleg t-shirts.

I was kind of hoping they would do another distribution this year for the 25th but i guess we get post malone and katy perry instead. cool -_-
This. What was the point of this song? What does Katy Perry have to do with Pokemon? Didnt feel like Pokemon to me

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
This. What was the point of this song? What does Katy Perry have to do with Pokemon? Didnt feel like Pokemon to me
Yeah, both of the songs released have been pretty generic so far. But that could be a subtle nod to the franchise's universality in our culture (There's a better way to word this but I can't think of it right now lol). Plus the Pichu was adorable :)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Ever look at the track listing for Mewtwo Strikes Back? Half of those songs don’t have anything to do with Pokémon. Don’t Say You Love Me is actually about a guy the singer had just met and he tells her that he loves her and she tells him he doesn’t because he doesn’t even actually know her or something similar to that. Soda Pop by Britney Spears is ripped directly off of her first album, and Somewhere, Someday by NSYNC really has nothing to do with Pokémon. The second movie’s soundtrack is just as random. There is one song on the soundtrack literally called Blah, Blah, Blah which is just weird to be connected to Pokémon. Seriously, if you heard a song called Blah, Blah, Blah, would you think it was connected to the Pokémon franchise?