• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I think with Team Rocket they struck the right balance in SM. They were in just over half of the episodes I believe, but most importantly, they got their own storylines, their own things to take care of rather than 100% of their time being devoted to stealing Pikachu. I'm a massive Team Rocket fan, but in series like XY and sometimes DP they really got annoying when they were just there to interrupt the plot.

Journeys has had good Team Rocket moments, and whenever they get shown they tend to be hilarious and entertaining, but they need to be given more. Not in terms of episodes, but in terms of actual content.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It's odd that Celebi doesn't have any unique moves for it for a mythical (Looks at Celebi i received in X Version)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's odd that Celebi doesn't have any unique moves for it for a mythical (Looks at Celebi i received in X Version)
You are wonderful for playing these lovely games

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I think with Team Rocket they struck the right balance in SM. They were in just over half of the episodes I believe, but most importantly, they got their own storylines, their own things to take care of rather than 100% of their time being devoted to stealing Pikachu. I'm a massive Team Rocket fan, but in series like XY and sometimes DP they really got annoying when they were just there to interrupt the plot.

Journeys has had good Team Rocket moments, and whenever they get shown they tend to be hilarious and entertaining, but they need to be given more. Not in terms of episodes, but in terms of actual content.
I know this isn't the anime section, but I agree with the comments on JJM. I don't think they should necessarily be in every episode, but they could stand to have a bit more screentime, and maybe an arc of some kind. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's time for them to have a 'Countdown to Destruction' moment. They can do this without being in every episode.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I know this isn't the anime section, but I agree with the comments on JJM. I don't think they should necessarily be in every episode, but they could stand to have a bit more screentime, and maybe an arc of some kind. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's time for them to have a 'Countdown to Destruction' moment. They can do this without being in every episode.
They completely blew it with TR in Journeys:
1. Using out of place Gacha Pokemon instead of having their own Pokemon.
2. They BARELY appear.
3. They are only used for jokes instead of having serious development eps like the one we had for Jessie in (perfect) XY

PCN24454

You mean the Power Rangers episode? A final battle between Ash and Team Rocket?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
You mean the Power Rangers episode? A final battle between Ash and Team Rocket?
No, I'm talking about JJM being put in the role of Bulk and Skull from Countdown to Destruction. We've seen that they can have a good side to them. So having a moment like that isn't totally out of the question. Any time I mention a 'Countdown to Destruction' moment, I'm not referring to the villains. I'm referring to how Bulk and Skull's character arcs culminated in what is considered one of the greatest moments in all of Power Rangers. How they went from comic relief foils, to good natured bumblers, to heroically standing alongside the regular citizens against the villain's army. That's the 'Countdown to Destruction' moment.

They completely blew it with TR in Journeys:
1. Using out of place Gacha Pokemon instead of having their own Pokemon.
2. They BARELY appear.
3. They are only used for jokes instead of having serious development eps like the one we had for Jessie in (perfect) XY
I'll try to be brief here, because I don't want this to turn into several pages of me just ranting about Journeys (I have enough issues with it to where it potentially could be its own message board). But since this is a topic for things that annoy me about Pokémon, I may as well say a little something about it.

Journeys more and more is becoming the Power Rangers Turbo of Pokémon. It has a few good episodes here and there, but a majority of it is just atrocious. And worse than that, it's disrespectful. It's disrespectful to the characters that worked hard to get to where they are by throwing in a Mary Sue character that pretty much can't fail at anything, completely invalidating anything the others have done up to this point. And it's disrespectful to the fans that have been with the franchise for so long.

And don't get me wrong. I've had my share of issues with the anime in the past, believe me. But I have never in the entire show's run, had this sheer degree of problems with a season or a Region. And yeah, I agree with your point on JJM. It's almost as if the writers just don't know what to do with them in this.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Max Revives are never purchaseable when you feel like you need them. I really don't like the friendship lowering aspect of revival herb.

They're limited throughout the game and the repeatable methods arent easy. You need to have a several pokemiles or a high level Pickup Ability pokemon (the result is still random) or a battle facility.

Pokefan_1987

I hate how lucky you have to be to get any apricorn balls in Sword and shield XD
Technically they've never been particularly been any good so i don't see any reason to bother with them. They only seem to work under specific conditions. But both great ball and Ultra Ball and other balls seem to outperform anything a capricorn related ball can do.

E.Vladimir

Technically they've never been particularly been any good so i don't see any reason to bother with them. They only seem to work under specific conditions. But both great ball and Ultra Ball and other balls seem to outperform anything a capricorn related ball can do.
the thing is, I´me one of those trainers that like to have their pokemon in a matching or complementary pokeball hehe, so for aesthetic reasons I want those apricorn balls

Pokefan_1987

Update: Just peeled off another layer of GameFreaks terrible monetizing ideas. I was unloading megastones from my backpack onto pokemons in my pokedex. But the problem is that the megastone i lost is exclusive to the Y version. After i caught Houndour i realized my backpack didn't have one unlike in omega ruby.

After a youtube video guide check i found out Houndoomite is only in the Y version.This is baffling why is the user and the corresponding pokemon not in the same game. It's understandable for Mewtwo since he is overpowered. But for a average pokemon? This is literally a hint that they want you to buy a poke bank subscription in order to even have a chance transferring items and have a chance of fully completing a megastone collection alongside with their respective counterparts.

At least in the Ultra Sun/Moon games you are gifted both Charizardite stones and you can simply buy the stones you don't have.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Update: Just peeled off another layer of GameFreaks terrible monetizing ideas. I was unloading megastones from my backpack onto pokemons in my pokedex. But the problem is that the megastone i lost is exclusive to the Y version. After i caught Houndour i realized my backpack didn't have one unlike in omega ruby.

After a youtube video guide check i found out Houndoomite is only in the Y version.This is baffling why is the user and the corresponding pokemon not in the same game. It's understandable for Mewtwo since he is overpowered. But for a average pokemon? This is literally a hint that they want you to buy a poke bank subscription in order to even have a chance transferring items and have a chance of fully completing a megastone collection alongside with their respective counterparts.

At least in the Ultra Sun/Moon games you are gifted both Charizardite stones and you can simply buy the stones you don't have.
You cannot use Pokemon Bank to transfer items.

Besides, I think during the shiny Manetric episode, I got a friend to help me swap stones between my X and Y versions.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

It's literally a version exclusive thing. They did it for Aggron and Tyranitar as well, with the Mega Stones being in the wrong games. It doesn't really matter what the rest of the world thinks, because the Japanese side tends to live in densely populated urban areas that encourage trading.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
From what it looks like according to Serebii, it will grind my gears that they can't be bothered to put THE Shadow Lugia in Pokemon GO. Didn't James Turner design the thing, and isn't he still with TPCi? I kind of doubt Genius Sonority has a legal stranglehold over its use.