• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

MrJechgo

The whole point of the Galarian bird trio is to make them like the type they used to represent without doing it, so no, G-Zapdos is fine the way it is.
Switching the Flying type for the new one would have worked as well.

beanDude

Reviewer
The thing that sucks is that replacing the battery before it dies doesn't allow one to keep their old save. Not as big of a deal in Gen 3, since those games can transfer up to newer Gens, but in Gen 2, there's no officially licensed way around it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The thing that sucks is that replacing the battery before it dies doesn't allow one to keep their old save. Not as big of a deal in Gen 3, since those games can transfer up to newer Gens, but in Gen 2, there's no officially licensed way around it.
Gen 3 just has the battery for keeping track of berries and other timed events.

My battery went out in Emerald, but it can still play, but I have to see that message, all... the... time.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why does the Ultra Recon Squad need Nebby to send strong trainers to Ultra Megalopolis when they have Lunala on speed dial
I always took it as them knowing that Necrozma would hunt down their opposite box legendary which it seems to be their chance at calming it down so they waited until another member of the Cosmog line could be found so they didn’t have to rely on just 1 without a back up plan.

Autobot N

I always took it as them knowing that Necrozma would hunt down their opposite box legendary which it seems to be their chance at calming it down so they waited until another member of the Cosmog line could be found so they didn’t have to rely on just 1 without a back up plan.
But they have a Solgaleo too, they ask you which one you want to ride after you catch Necrozma

Luthor

How do male-exclusive species like Braviary and Throh/Sawk reproduce in the wild if the species is passed down by the female partner?

My suspicion is either they have a female partner that is as yet undiscovered, that in the wild there is a way to pass down the male species (but that isn't yet possible at the daycare) or that that they breed with ditto. I think limitations of breeding at the daycare could make sense given that Nidoqueen for some reason can't breed despite this seeming to be at odds with the Pokedex. Plus there must be some way to create more ditto which currently isn't possible in the games.

That has always bugged me. Maybe there are Ditto that hang around where they live.

Speaking of, I wish Miltank could produce Tauros offspring like Nidoran F to Nidoran M and Illumise to Volbeat.

Yeah I think that should be possible. Even if it required some sort of incense.

PCN24454

It’s annoying how people complain about Trade Evolutions.

I’m not going to abandon my Kadabra just because it can’t evolve into an Alakazam.

beanDude

Reviewer
Because of trade evolutions and it not always being the most convenient option to do on a playthrough, I've developed a liking for Pokemon I would have probably never bothered with otherwise such as Sandslash and Hypno.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
This one is going to be controversial. You have been warned.

PL:A grinds my gears. I really dislike PL:A conceptually, because it changes and/or removes almost everything that I like in traditional Pokemon games.

I wouldn't mind PL:A so much if it was a spinoff game, but I worry that it might become the "new normal" for the franchise, and this really bothers me.

Last edited:

PCN24454

This one is going to be controversial. You have been warned.

PL:A grinds my gears. I really dislike PL:A conceptually, because it changes and/or removes almost everything that I like in traditional Pokemon games.

I wouldn't mind PL:A so much if it was a spinoff game, but I worry that it might become the "new normal" for the franchise, and this really bothers me.
I sort of know you feel, but people would look down on it if it was “only” a spin-off game.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
kinda got namepranked AGAIN. I put a spare Heracross into a wondertrade and a MELOETTA but its name is stuck as tiny.cc/bwhd

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
kinda got namepranked AGAIN. I put a spare Heracross into a wondertrade and a MELOETTA but its name is stuck as tiny.cc/bwhd
FYI: Wonder trading and GTS in previous games is a hotspot for hacks and clones.

It was even like that when I was playing ORAS all those years ago.