• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Luthor

I get slightly annoyed by evolution items (e,g evolution stones or a razor claw or something similar) that are limited or hard to get before post-game. There's been a number of times where I've wanted to use something specific in a play-through but then found out the item can't be obtained early enough.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I get slightly annoyed by evolution items (e,g evolution stones or a razor claw or something similar) that are limited or hard to get before post-game. There's been a number of times where I've wanted to use something specific in a play-through but then found out the item can't be obtained early enough.
Yup even when players know about the more uncommon Ice Stones and Leaf Stones along with the classic Fire/Water/Thunder Stones in Sword/Shield. They're "locked" on a that small island that can be seen after Motostoke City in the wild area after driving the left hill, past where wild Gengar and Dusknoir can be found.
But you need the Rotom Bike to have the travelling on water upgrade, you don't receive it until you beat Gordie/Melony if i remember correctly since you need that upgrade to cross the water to get reach Spikemuth City. So if you wanted Glaceon or Leafeon early in the game you'll need a trade from Pokemon HOME GTS or import it from a old save. The only real Eeveelution's you can get early are Umbreon Espeon or in my case Sylveon (Sylveon is worth the effort though)

And Leafeon and Glaceon have it rough, they're not available in Generation 4 Johto.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The 3DS only supporting 2.4 GHz wifi connections and having no support for 5 GHz connections. There are way too many people with 2.4 GHz wifi networks around my place nowadays so the frequency gets overloaded and starts interfering a lot. You can't connect the 3DS through wired connection to the internet either.

Luthor

Yup even when players know about the more uncommon Ice Stones and Leaf Stones along with the classic Fire/Water/Thunder Stones in Sword/Shield. They're "locked" on a that small island that can be seen after Motostoke City in the wild area after driving the left hill, past where wild Gengar and Dusknoir can be found.
But you need the Rotom Bike to have the travelling on water upgrade, you don't receive it until you beat Gordie/Melony if i remember correctly since you need that upgrade to cross the water to get reach Spikemuth City. So if you wanted Glaceon or Leafeon early in the game you'll need a trade from Pokemon HOME GTS or import it from a old save. The only real Eeveelution's you can get early are Umbreon Espeon or in my case Sylveon (Sylveon is worth the effort though)

And Leafeon and Glaceon have it rough, they're not available in Generation 4 Johto.

Yeah. Glaceon's also had it rough when it comes to its location evolution. As they kept having the place it evolved to be in really hard place to get to early.

Pokefan_1987

The incessant, unnecessary and never ending hatred for the SM anime. At this point, I’m sick and tired of it.

@janejane6178 is the worst offender when it comes to this.
That's still nothing compared to the poor pacing between getting to gym locations by using a lot of filler sidestories. It's not as bad as Johto Journeys/Master Quest split Pryce Jasmine and Claire's Gym were moved into Master Quest for example. Sinnoh had a lot of waiting between gyms as well.

pokeplayer9994

I really don't like the Battle System for Pokemon Legends: Arceus. The fact that the opponent can attack you two to four times before you even attack is complete BS! Not to mention where they can just use Agile Style and get another attack. It is so frustrating.

I'll be happy when we're back to the original Battle System with Scarlet & Violet.

Pokefan_1987

I really don't like the Battle System for Pokemon Legends: Arceus. The fact that the opponent can attack you two to four times before you even attack is complete BS! Not to mention where they can just use Agile Style and get another attack. It is so frustrating.

I'll be happy when we're back to the original Battle System with Scarlet & Violet.
Yeah and and it's there are so few guides for the best Pokemon the player can use to take advantage of the advantage of agile style.
From what i know you need a decent pokemon with a good speed stat but the ammount of pokemon is limited.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know something that grinds my gears?

Now, I understand how with the lack of the National Dex we have to forego some pokemon every game, and we all have our favorites. And yeah, sometimes our favorites don't make it in.

But, like, will it really kill you to just, pick another pokemon?

Like, do you have to have your favorite in every damn game you play? Is it really that serious? Like all of Gen 9 is gonna be a bust if that one particular creature isn't in it? Come on!

There are nearly 1,000 Pokémon. Just pick another one!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You know something that grinds my gears?

Now, I understand how with the lack of the National Dex we have to forego some pokemon every game, and we all have our favorites. And yeah, sometimes our favorites don't make it in.

But, like, will it really kill you to just, pick another pokemon?

Like, do you have to have your favorite in every damn game you play? Is it really that serious? Like all of Gen 9 is gonna be a bust if that one particular creature isn't in it? Come on!

There are nearly 1,000 Pokémon. Just pick another one!
I’ve felt this way since the time before SwSh were even released and fans were saying that these games were going to be the worst ever in the series just because not every Pokémon would be available. They weren’t even going to give the games a chance and trying to make everyone else not to play the games for that reason which I thought was unfair as no one even had played them yet. Jigglypuff wasn’t initially in SwSh but I still gave them a chance and enjoyed them very much.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I get very angry when Pokemon Go suffers lag while I'm in a raid. It makes catching the Pokemon, especially if it's a legendary, a nightmare

Pokefan_1987

I get very angry when Pokemon Go suffers lag while I'm in a raid. It makes catching the Pokemon, especially if it's a legendary, a nightmare
On that note losing a rare pokemon like additional starters (Oh No... The wild Pokemon fled! ) while trying to capture them near pokemon bus stops is a real nuisance. If you're trying to farm candies to evolve one eventually.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
On that note losing a rare pokemon like additional starters (Oh No... The wild Pokemon fled! ) while trying to capture them near pokemon bus stops is a real nuisance. If you're trying to farm candies to evolve one eventually.

Word. Especially with raids. Had that happen with a 5 star raid and it pissed me off, since I usually can't find raids with people in them.

Pokefan_1987

Word. Especially with raids. Had that happen with a 5 star raid and it pissed me off, since I usually can't find raids with people in them.
Even more similar anytime i've successfully fought and beaten a Team Rocket Grunt and the Heal/Purify Ball has a terrible catch ratio and 5 and are almost never enough. It made me stop trying to catch those.

Pokefan_1987

Why is the evolution speed so fast in SwSh? You hardly get time to speculate or savor anything!
You can limit it a bit by not using Exp Candies early on and keep them for later levels.

Pokefan_1987

I didn’t use Candies.

I was also actually talking about the animation itself.
It has been getting faster, maybe to cut down on development time. I think it was Gen 7 but i liked the evolution where it turns into energy flies into the air and flies crashing down like a explosion/fireworks.

Legends Arceus has a great evolution where it shows more sides of the pokemon building up gradually and sometimes actually intimidating like a like your starters final evolution, evolving into Infernape, Lucario or Garchomp are good examples.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Even more similar anytime i've successfully fought and beaten a Team Rocket Grunt and the Heal/Purify Ball has a terrible catch ratio and 5 and are almost never enough. It made me stop trying to catch those.

Yikes. Yea it's frustrating. But at least there's more of a chance to find them and you don't need to work with a crowd of people to have a chance to get the Pokemon.

Pokefan_1987

Yikes. Yea it's frustrating. But at least there's more of a chance to find them and you don't need to work with a crowd of people to have a chance to get the Pokemon.
Yeah but as a person with no means of travelling personally on a car myself (I'm prone to epileptic seizures) I can't go to those stops often repeatedly. Not many pokestops are near our house where i live.

I mostly travel on a bus ride home for a short hour and spin a few bus stops. But they mostly have been rocket admins recently and my strongest are stuck at mere 2600 range compared to rocket enemies having 3000+ wiping me out easily.
I get by with most of my eggs mostly hatch by walking around cleaning the paperbox junk at my local big supermart.