• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Kaede45

this is a big part of it for me now, i just started a living dex and being able to use GO for that would be helpful (and i also have no idea how i'm going to acquire a memetal, either, sigh).
I understand that sentiment, but my issue is that I’m building a menagerie of Pokémon that I doubt I’ll ever be able to use seeing as how GF or the Pokémon company or whoever keeps making these crappy decisions have stated that no Pokémon game going forward will have every Pokémon…

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This could possibly change but I really hate how Scarlet/Violet get a lame backpack code(Aka something that you'll lose if you delete your save) for pre-ordering the game on Pokemon's website while Arceus gets a freaking Arceus plush! Can't we get one of the Dragons as a figure or plush? Or Sprigatito????

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
This could possibly change but I really hate how Scarlet/Violet get a lame backpack code(Aka something that you'll lose if you delete your save) for pre-ordering the game on Pokemon's website while Arceus gets a freaking Arceus plush! Can't we get one of the Dragons as a figure or plush? Or Sprigatito????
Yeah shouldn't it at least be a permanent purchased content like Poke Pelago after the Kiawe's Trial or Isle of Armor which is unlocked when you reach the level 20 ranks in Galar?

Kaede45

Honestly, I feel like preorders are a major problem with the video game industry in general. Too often it feels like the publishers use preorders as an excuse to push games out by whatever deadlines they set, whether the game’s finished or not. It also feels like you only get preorder bonuses these days if you order the most expensive super deluxe edition rather than having tiered bonuses depending on what version you order like they used to do.

Speaking of expensive, it bugs the crap out of me that every current Pokémon game, regardless of quality or support, is priced at $60 usd! The last Pokémon game I preordered was Shining Pearl & I regret buying it for full price because with how much effort they did making it look like it was going to be the next big Pokémon game only to abandon it 4-6 months after its release was insulting! BDSP is not worth $60! With how little effort they did to support this game I would price it at $30, maybe $40 max! Although I never played LGPE it always looked like it was nothing more than the console version of Pokémon Go & also is not worth $60! It’s infuriating that they are putting less & less effort into their games yet still expecting people to shell out insane amounts of money! AAA price for less than AAA games…

Pokefan_1987

Speaking of expensive, it bugs the crap out of me that every current Pokémon game, regardless of quality or support, is priced at $60 usd! The last Pokémon game I preordered was Shining Pearl & I regret buying it for full price because with how much effort they did making it look like it was going to be the next big Pokémon game only to abandon it 4-6 months after its release was insulting! BDSP is not worth $60! With how little effort they did to support this game I would price it at $30, maybe $40 max! Although I never played LGPE it always looked like it was nothing more than the console version of Pokémon Go & also is not worth $60! It’s infuriating that they are putting less & less effort into their games yet still expecting people to shell out insane amounts of money! AAA price for less than AAA games…
Yeah 60$ is a pain in the *** for Nintendo SWITCH games. The Cartridges are really small and the plastic-cases are oversized. The 3DS/DS sizes were fine but cramming cartridges in cases half the size of the Wii and Wii-U cases?...just stupid!

I did like playing through Sinnoh region but the insane difficulty spike in Sinnoh with Cynthia's first team and everything after E4 make me wary of doing a second playthrough. But both BDSP it and LGPE have bad body design with giant heads on chibi bodies. I'm glad Pokemon Legends: Arceus avoided it.

Last edited:

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Yeah 60$ is a pain in the *** for Nintendo SWITCH games. The Cartridges are really small and the plastic-cases are oversized. The 3DS/DS sizes were fine but cramming cartridges in cases half the size of the Wii and Wii-U cases?...just stupid!

I did like playing through Sinnoh region but the insane difficulty spike in Sinnoh with Cynthia's first team and everything after E4 make me wary of doing a second playthrough. But both BDSP it and LGPE have bad body design with giant heads on chibi bodies. I'm glad Pokemon Legends: Arceus avoided it.
Its even worse on the newer consoles (PS5/Xbox Series X) where the games now cost $70 dollars. I can't even believe this is the direction that gaming is heading. This is why I wait for discounts/sales before buying any game.

Pokefan_1987

Obtaining wood in PLA, especially when it's mandatory for story progression (looking at you, Cogita).
Mudballs are also bad since generally they're useless.
But very late into the game you need em for lowering Heatran's shield. You need at least 5. If you wait until you clear a few massive mass outbreaks, get 100. Which is fantastic instead of dodging and grabbing of the ground in that tiny cave.

Its even worse on the newer consoles (PS5/Xbox Series X) where the games now cost $70 dollars. I can't even believe this is the direction that gaming is heading. This is why I wait for discounts/sales before buying any game.
That's sadly a way for the makers to make up for bad sales since games are expensive to develop the days. They overdo it and WASTE HUGE BUDGETS.

Luthor

Mudballs are also bad since generally they're useless.
But very late into the game you need em for lowering Heatran's shield. You need at least 5. If you wait until you clear a few massive mass outbreaks, get 100. Which is fantastic instead of dodging and grabbing of the ground in that tiny cave.

I got so many mudballs looking for the evolution items for Ursuluna and Kleavor. As you said it did end up being useful but it was frustrating when everytime it ends up being mud.

Pokefan_1987

I got so many mudballs looking for the evolution items for Ursaluna and Kleavor. As you said it did end up being useful but it was frustrating when everytime it ends up being mud.
Yeah they do seem rather common like the golden poo from Breath of the Wild (Yeah that's what i feel about this)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I understand why the whole "can't escape" mechanic is there, but in the vast majority of cases it just causes annoyance and delay, not any sense of risk.
This is one of the most annoying mechanics in Pokemon that there's a chance you can't flee a wild battle.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I find the ways you need to do to get Spiritomb in Gen 4, BDSP, and Legends rather annoying. Granted the method in BDSP isn’t nearly as bad as it was in the original games as you don’t need to rely on running into other players Underground anymore but it is still hard to keep track of who you’ve already met and to make sure the ones you still need for Spiritomb to appear will be in the section of the Underground when you enter it.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
What really grinds my gears is some Pokémon that take FOREVER to evolve, like Tyranitar for example. I know to get you need to have its pre evolution Larvitar and evolve it into Pupitar by level 30 and you know what level you have to evolve it? Level 55! I mean honestly that is way too high of a level to even grind it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I find the ways you need to do to get Spiritomb in Gen 4, BDSP, and Legends rather annoying. Granted the method in BDSP isn’t nearly as bad as it was in the original games as you don’t need to rely on running into other players Underground anymore but it is still hard to keep track of who you’ve already met and to make sure the ones you still need for Spiritomb to appear will be in the section of the Underground when you enter it.
Yeah, when I was trying to get Spiritomb in BDSP, I found it annoying that there was no easy way to keep track of who you already spoke to. But, it's still much easier than in D/P/PT. I remember that in D/P, though, you had to enter and leave the underground numerous times if you wanted to do it over and over again with the same person, though.

But Legends is rather annoying, and getting Spiritomb in any game is, really.
Except the Pokewalker, where you can get one after 10,000 steps in like on course in the Pokewalker (but who even uses their pokewalkers in 2022, no one).

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yeah, when I was trying to get Spiritomb in BDSP, I found it annoying that there was no easy way to keep track of who you already spoke to. But, it's still much easier than in D/P/PT. I remember that in D/P, though, you had to enter and leave the underground numerous times if you wanted to do it over and over again with the same person, though.

But Legends is rather annoying, and getting Spiritomb in any game is, really.
Except the Pokewalker, where you can get one after 10,000 steps in like on course in the Pokewalker (but who even uses their pokewalkers in 2022, no one).
ORAS was probably the best and easiest way to get a Spiritomb. The Crown Tundra wasn’t too bad either if you know exactly where it is located.

PCN24454

What really grinds my gears is some Pokémon that take FOREVER to evolve, like Tyranitar for example. I know to get you need to have its pre evolution Larvitar and evolve it into Pupitar by level 30 and you know what level you have to evolve it? Level 55! I mean honestly that is way too high of a level to even grind it.
Tyranitar is Gen II’s “Ultima Weapon”. You have to work for it.

Not to mention getting it too soon would break the game.