• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
THAT LEGENDS ARCEUS ISNT TALKED ABOUT MORE
HOW ITS SUCH A PERFECT GAME AND A MASTERPIECE
Gods, I love Legends Arceus sm, a masterpiece in mechanics, fun, story and characterizations. It HAS everything while being a totally different game that it doesnt need to suffer from main series expectations

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
A few recent nitpicks on my end is

- When i forgot which pokemons have which moves in the games i play and how it's very different in all of the 3DS and Sword/BDSP.
- Omega Ruby's STUPID IDEA of hiding TM moves on randomly appearing mirage island areas. 3DS also locks a lot of moves with BP and most of them are moves you can't get anywhere else early.
- Mega Garchomp stone to only appear by capturing online flags is SO STUPID
- Trading evolutions...mostly those with one per save file item still exist and many of those can't be replenished. (Gliscor and Weavile are only available post game with a expensive items)

Kage-Pikachu

can someone explain to me how a Magneton can outspeed and one hit ko a healthy Garchomp with a non-crit Flash Cannon? I was playing Shining Pearl and that happened. my Garchomp to be fair is not Hyper Trained yet but he had full HP and got both outsped and one shot by a neutral move! what item could that battle tower Magneton have possibly had?

Pokefan_1987

Well the battle tower pokemon are known be literally cheating AI. it can happen just to end a player on a long streak.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Well the battle tower pokemon are known be literally cheating AI. it can happen just to end a player on a long streak.
They don't cheat lol. Only thing that might be considered cheating is them knowing your mons stats in advance so they know when to use Trick Room and stuff. They don't cheat prediction of your moves, they don't cheat damage calculations, they don't cheat probability rolls, and they don't cheat their own stats. I have verified this myself with over ten thousand battles at the Battle Tree. I've seen improbable events happen on either side, but with so many battles sooner or later improbable outcomes do occur, and I've never seen anything that should actually be impossible by the math.
Btw, to the Garchomp question, Choice Specs with Modest nature Magneton can definitely do it against an uninvested Garchomp with no hyper training, especially if Garchomp was switching in and Magneton got an Analytic boost. If Garchomp had a nature lowering Special Defence like Naive odds are higher. Magneton might not be fully evolved but it still has a high special attack stat

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
can someone explain to me how a Magneton can outspeed and one hit ko a healthy Garchomp with a non-crit Flash Cannon? I was playing Shining Pearl and that happened. my Garchomp to be fair is not Hyper Trained yet but he had full HP and got both outsped and one shot by a neutral move! what item could that battle tower Magneton have possibly had?
Was it a random Trainers or a Battle Tower opponent?. You'd have to be a -Speed Nature with terrible IVs in SpD and it must've been something like Choice Specs

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Was it a random Trainers or a Battle Tower opponent?. You'd have to be a -Speed Nature with terrible IVs in SpD and it must've been something like Choice Specs
Uninvested low IV Garchomp is slower (107 speed at lvl 50) than fully invested Magneton (122 speed at lvl 50), both at neutral speed natures. Even if Garchomp runs +speed like Naive it'd still only be 117 speed

Pokefan_1987

Uninvested low IV Garchomp is slower (107 speed at lvl 50) than fully invested Magneton (122 speed at lvl 50), both at neutral speed natures. Even if Garchomp runs +speed like Naive it'd still only be 117 speed
Flash Cannon does have a 10 chance of lowering Sp. Defense lowered, could it have activated?

Kage-Pikachu

battle tower, i have adamant nature. but it both outsped me and one-hit koed me. it's like it had choice specs and choice scarf... i swear the computer cheats.

Thanks, i guess it's because i haven't hyper trained yet. man i was pissed, it's so annoying to earn Battle Points.

Flash Cannon does have a 10 chance of lowering Sp. Defense lowered, could it have activated?
No it was a one hit ko on a fresh Garchomp, the thing outsped me and didn't even crit

Pokefan_1987

Skitty not showing up in the red flowers on route 4 in X version despite what guides say

Pokefan_1987

I call Mimikyu a pseudo-Pikaclone because it does make a Pikachu costume for itself for the sole reason to pretend it’s a Pikachu to get people to befriend it.
There was also the Pikablu nickname for Marill if it was a pikachu species when the first ones were revealed

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
When it takes me months to get a shiny by resetting but YouTubers get one in a few hours

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The disrespect of the sm anime writers in Hawaii
Why did they suddenly change the artstyle to make the characters have corrupted faces in Alola, which represents Hawaii? Why did they make inappropriate characters there ? Do they imply that the ppl in Hawaii look weird and have some inappropriate behaviour ? It is not right in my opinion

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The disrespect of the sm anime writers in Hawaii
Why did they suddenly change the artstyle to make the characters have corrupted faces in Alola, which represents Hawaii? Why did they make inappropriate characters there ? Do they imply that the ppl in Hawaii look weird and have some inappropriate behaviour ? It is not right in my opinion
What Brain Damage looks like Part Infinity

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's cut the arguing out. Thanks. (Just a general warning.)