• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I am just replaying Pokemon White 2 and man I forgot how ANNOYING the Pokestar Studios was. It was literally forced on you just to progress further. Whoever at game freak came up with this idea needs to be fired. It goes nowhere, it doesn't make any sense why its there, only just make you talk to Captian to help you progress to the next town.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I have another Pokemon thing that's really annoying on the top of my mind.

When a low HP wild Pokemon breaks out of an Ultra Ball. Like, come on! Weakning a Pokemon should make it so it doesn't pop out of an Ultra Ball... I do understand with legendaries, but when I was a kid, this was so annoying. The struggle of catching catch rate 3 mons, jesus.

Word. And legendaries used to be a real pain to catch. Bombardier is one Pokemon in gen 9 that gave me a hard time. Enough of one, that I named it LowCatchRate.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Word. And legendaries used to be a real pain to catch. Bombardier is one Pokemon in gen 9 that gave me a hard time. Enough of one, that I named it LowCatchRate.
I had that happen with Iron Tusk. Took me 15 ultra balls despite i had a level 80 Scizor doing with false swipe first and Iron Tusks was paralyzed too.
Do all Paradox have low catch rates? Iron Thorns (Tyranitar) and Iron Bundle (Delibird) weren't tough when i caught those.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I get that the Treasure Eatery allows you to change Tera types and they want you to work for getting a type change.

However, I wish there was a simpler way to just change it to the other type for dual type Pokemon. Maybe lower the cost or use another method.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I had that happen with Iron Tusk. Took me 15 ultra balls despite i had a level 80 Scizor doing with false swipe first and Iron Tusks was paralyzed too.
Do all Paradox have low catch rates? Iron Thorns (Tyranitar) and Iron Bundle (Delibird) weren't tough when i caught those.

Wow. I got lucky with a Great Tusk. Got it in a Pokeball. Didn't weaken it. Didn't expect it to go in right away. So it looks like a matter of rng.

Pokefan_1987

I get that the Treasure Eatery allows you to change Tera types and they want you to work for getting a type change.

However, I wish there was a simpler way to just change it to the other type for dual type Pokemon. Maybe lower the cost or use another method.
Indeed 50 shards is ridiculous. But i think they did that on purpose to make it harder to farm Tera Shards for a ideal Tera Type for online usage.
Maybe if it had a better tracker in the bag since the ammount of items in the section is way too HUGE.

I think Tera Shards should have a separate bag category and allow players to have manual tracker to show how many more they need.

Pokefan_1987

Did not know where else to put this put pokemon tcg has done very weird decisions compared to japan. They delayed Skeledirge EX Meowscarada EX and Quaquaval EX until Paldea Evolved compared to triplet beat.

They removed the fire, water and grass from the new ex battle decks. The 3rd deck which would be mimikyu ex with quaxly line has no got cancelled and probably won't get a english released box internationally.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not going to lie, the SV raids' gimmick of wiping buffs is annoying, specially when you are playing solo. It shouldn't trigger on matches you are doing alone.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Happens too often in my case.
Same here. I was so close to KO the Blissey Raid when I ran out of time. I hate how the timer starts to go down faster whenever you get KO yourself. I needed Blissey for Dex completion and it was easier than trying to evolve Chansey since it takes forever for its Friendship to max out and the Chansey I have is around level 46 so yeah it’s too hard to evolve it at that point. When I say I was so close to winning the Blissey Raid solo I mean there was literally only one hit left before it was defeated and one Low Sweep from Quaxly would have done it since this Blissey had a Tera type of Dark. I also feel bad that the one online Raid I did to try to get Iron Leaves was royally screwed up because I accidentally chose Miradon as my Pokémon which made things heck for everyone and we were like one or two hits away from Winning when the timer ran out.

Pokefan_1987

Not going to lie, the SV raids' gimmick of wiping buffs is annoying, specially when you are playing solo. It shouldn't trigger on matches you are doing alone.
  1. It that game has a lot of worse problems, sword and shield did this too. But Zygarde's ability where it gets 75% of his entire health back if it has lost half of it's (it can get the healing once per fight if i remember correctly)

As for Gen 9 Raid issues
    A LOT of animation lag
    The game has bad lag recovery and if anyone loses the connection, you all get the 5 lock-out as if you rage-quit
    It needs dedicated servers instead of saying you were unable to join a raid you had chosen why even show raids even if they haven't timer in the lobby is still ongoing but not everyone has presses ready?
    Attack menu sometimes moves the cursor away from your previous move, potentially using a wrong attack if you continuously press the A button
    Menus for attack: it can lag a lot include not going into choosing the moves or choosing the target
    Models disappearing, mostly while the terastalization is completing.
    Players not accounting for what moves a Tera pokemon has

there are still way more issues to bother listing

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Same here. I was so close to KO the Blissey Raid when I ran out of time. I hate how the timer starts to go down faster whenever you get KO yourself. I needed Blissey for Dex completion and it was easier than trying to evolve Chansey since it takes forever for its Friendship to max out and the Chansey I have is around level 46 so yeah it’s too hard to evolve it at that point. When I say I was so close to winning the Blissey Raid solo I mean there was literally only one hit left before it was defeated and one Low Sweep from Quaxly would have done it since this Blissey had a Tera type of Dark. I also feel bad that the one online Raid I did to try to get Iron Leaves was royally screwed up because I accidentally chose Miradon as my Pokémon which made things heck for everyone and we were like one or two hits away from Winning when the timer ran out.
Getting Blissey from evolving Chansey isn't hard. If you have the Soothe Bell, it can actually go by pretty quickly.
The Chansey line also levels up more quickly in general, so your friendship should do the same quicker.

Captain Jigglypuff

Getting Blissey from evolving Chansey isn't hard. If you have the Soothe Bell, it can actually go by pretty quickly.
The Chansey line also levels up more quickly in general, so your friendship should do the same quicker.
But why is it taking so long for me? I’ve had this Chansey since it was a Happiny at level 20 I think and it is holding a Soothe Bell but still won’t evolve.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
But why is it taking so long for me? I’ve had this Chansey since it was a Happiny at level 20 I think and it is holding a Soothe Bell but still won’t evolve.
You can check happiness at Casscarrafa. Also, you can eat churros, ice cream or drink drinks to raise happiness.

MidnightHo-Oh

I'm not exactly sure why, but I know I caught a level 5 Happiny in a standard Pokeball on a recent restart of mine that then not only evolved on its very first level up (via indirect experience due to Exp. Share, and was several levels at once) following a trainer battle mere minutes later, but then evolved into a Blissey after a second trainer battle (indirect experience & several levels again) just a few minutes after that O.O No treats or Soothe Bell or anything special or extra done, by the way, just a surprisingly quick transition to a level 11 Blissey.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

I'm not exactly sure why, but I know I caught a level 5 Happiny in a standard Pokeball on a recent restart of mine that then not only evolved on its very first level up (via inderect experience due to Exp. Share, and was several levels at once) following a trainer battle mere minutes later, but then evolved into a Blissey after a second trainer battle (indirect experience & several levels again) just a few minutes after that O.O No treats or Soothe Bell or anything special or extra done, by the way, just a surprisingly quick transition to a level 11 Blissey.
I finally got it to evolve at level 58. It’s really weird that it took so long.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
  1. It that game has a lot of worse problems, sword and shield did this too. But Zygarde's ability where it gets 75% of his entire health back if it has lost half of it's (it can get the healing once per fight if i remember correctly)

As for Gen 9 Raid issues
    A LOT of animation lag
    The game has bad lag recovery and if anyone loses the connection, you all get the 5 lock-out as if you rage-quit
    It needs dedicated servers instead of saying you were unable to join a raid you had chosen why even show raids even if they haven't timer in the lobby is still ongoing but not everyone has presses ready?
    Attack menu sometimes moves the cursor away from your previous move, potentially using a wrong attack if you continuously press the A button
    Menus for attack: it can lag a lot include not going into choosing the moves or choosing the target
    Models disappearing, mostly while the terastalization is completing.
    Players not accounting for what moves a Tera pokemon has

there are still way more issues to bother listing

I had this one issue where some boss raid pokémon simply moved their backs. Almost like "I'm out".

It was kind of funny

Pokefan_1987

I had this one issue where some boss raid pokémon simply moved their backs. Almost like "I'm out".

It was kind of funny
That's hilarious. It fits with Incineroars pokedex entry that it dislikes weak opponents

Ultra Sun
Although it's rough mannered and egotistical, it finds beating down unworthy opponents boring. It gets motivated for stronger opponents.

Autobot N

I don't like how all of the Violet Paradox Pokemon are so small. I wish they were bigger than their counterparts like the Scarlet ones