• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yup, the dialogue is cringy as well. And most text is SLOW in the older games before Gen 8

I had a recent one happen with Chi-Yu and after 30 pokeballs and he was paralyzed and i didn't have anyone with False Swipe....then i finally caught him.
(I originally used the Master Ball on that second Miraidon that waits in the crater after the credits)

Wow. Yea it's frustrating.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The way its spots are generated is bugged and could cause them to change
Perhaps it's one of those games that they dropped of their radar and don't have any plans to fix anymore after the release.

Pokefan_1987

That’s not a good excuse when people spend $60 to play the game in the first place.
True
Honestly it's still a rushjob game, enormous chibi heads (not in battles) and several difficulty spikes it has late in the game. The E4 are one of the WORST offenders i've ever seen. It's all too easy to even lose before you reach Cynthia if you don't research their updated movepools in BDSP. I did overlevel my team before that.

Brilliant Diamond is by far the least touched game in my collection.
You can't get most of decent pokemon hiddden in the grand underground until unlocking the National Dex post E4, imports or trading.

Best upgrades were
shared exp share
always accessible boxes (which Gen 8 created)
increased movement speed (compared to Gen 4 originals)
90% of HM moves are just wild pokemon you can summon instead of mules

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
True
Honestly it's still a rushjob game, enormous chibi heads (not in battles) and several difficulty spikes it has late in the game. The E4 are one of the WORST offenders i've ever seen. It's all too easy to even lose before you reach Cynthia if you don't research their updated movepools in BDSP. I did overlevel my team before that.

Brilliant Diamond is by far the least touched game in my collection.
You can't get most of decent pokemon hiddden in the grand underground until unlocking the National Dex post E4, imports or trading.

Best upgrades were
shared exp share
always accessible boxes (which Gen 8 created)
increased movement speed (compared to Gen 4 originals)
90% of HM moves are just wild pokemon you can summon instead of mules
Not only that, the Elite 4 Pokemon are designed like what you would find on competitive teams. For one, they all have held items. This is a rarity outside of post-game battle facilities. Although I understand they made this choice to add difficulty to the Elite 4 and Champion battles to make up for the Experience Share that you can't turn off.

Pokefan_1987

Not only that, the Elite 4 Pokemon are designed like what you would find on competitive teams. For one, they all have held items. This is a rarity outside of post-game battle facilities. Although I understand they made this choice to add difficulty to the Elite 4 and Champion battles to make up for the Experience Share that you can't turn off.
Yup even her pre-national dex team is a big buff

Garchomp has poison jab the prevent player to feel safe with bringing Togekiss who would be nearly unaffected by all of his moves. Lucario is a big threat you need to defeat early so she can't use his steel moves. Even Roserade has sludge bomb and dazzling gleam for Infernape.
They really pulled a lot of big moves on her team.
-
Even the upgraded gym leaders are dangerous, i've only defeated Rorke once, Gardenia is the only one that is the easiest.

Pokefan_1987

Not having a proper daycare in Scarlet and Violet is a poorly executed decision by the developers and designers. I wonder what they were thinking while developing Scarlet and Violet.
Yep using special marmalade sandwiches, which you need online guides for help (the game has no clues other than heavy experimentation) and then real-time waiting where you can't leave the picnic area and have to regularly check the basket.
Took me at least 20 minutes in a attempt to get a 5 Rockruff eggs hoping to hatch a Own Tempo (Dusk Form).....since Gardevoir's Trace had failed to find one after 30 wild Rockruffs a few hours earlier.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yep using special marmalade sandwiches, which you need online guides for help (the game has no clues other than heavy experimentation) and then real-time waiting where you can't leave the picnic area and have to regularly check the basket.
Took me at least 20 minutes in a attempt to get a 5 Rockruff eggs hoping to hatch a Own Tempo (Dusk Form).....since Gardevoir's Trace had failed to find one after 30 wild Rockruffs a few hours earlier.
Really? 20 minutes? I oddly got about four eggs in one picnic in only ten minutes using an Egg Power sandwich.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
All I do is buy the mint ice cream in Los Platos, and then get the two Pokemon I want to breed in the picnic site nearby. It doesn't take me too long.

Luthor

Frisk being given to regional forms instead of either keeping the same ability as regular forms (like Electrode) or coming up with something new (like Samurott getting sharpness). Frisk isn't that useful and to be honest its not that hard to come up with something that does a bit more.

ebevan91

The rate at which eggs appear in the basket is all over the place. I'll make a sandwich, get like 2 eggs in 5 minutes. Then put the game down for a couple minutes, come back to 8 eggs. Then get 1 egg after another 2-3 minutes.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Not having a proper daycare in Scarlet and Violet is a poorly executed decision by the developers and designers. I wonder what they were thinking while developing Scarlet and Violet.
I hate when they change things that are just perfectly fine as they are.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In retrospect, Hail was just a weird move.
If a Pokemon had Snow Warning, it would summon hail. Hail was also incredibly niche because only Ice types would not be harmed by it.
What makes it baffling to me is that snow is a Winter precipitation, while hail mostly occurs in the Spring.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In retrospect, Hail was just a weird move.
If a Pokemon had Snow Warning, it would summon hail. Hail was also incredibly niche because only Ice types would not be harmed by it.
What makes it baffling to me is that snow is a Winter precipitation, while hail mostly occurs in the Spring.
I personally think that Hail should have been kept as a weather condition and Snowscape act as a second Ice weather move as both are completely different weather conditions and both do have their usefulness.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's kind of funny that now Sandstorm is the only weather that does damage chip to a pokémon.

Wouldn't be surprised if that changes on Gen 10 too

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I personally think that Hail should have been kept as a weather condition and Snowscape act as a second Ice weather move as both are completely different weather conditions and both do have their usefulness.
I wouldn't mind if Hail was brought back, but more of my point is how odd it was used synomynously with snow for a while.
It's kind of funny that now Sandstorm is the only weather that does damage chip to a pokémon.

Wouldn't be surprised if that changes on Gen 10 too
Sandstorm does have the added benefit of increasing Sp. Def of Rock types, so there's that.