• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I wouldn't mind if Hail was brought back, but more of my point is how odd it was used synomyously with snow for a while.

Sandstorm does have the added benefit of increasing Sp. Def of Rock types, so there's that.
It actually also boosts rollout accuracy too. I learned that from SilphSpectre's Rock Type Nuzlocke's.
One of his best uses for it was when he used it to counter act Blizzard against Red in Gen 4 remakes.

One of my latest was a raid slowking lost to it 7 times. It was a nasty for a 5 Star Fighting Tera Type. He used several moves including Calm Mind, Yawn, Surf, Psychic and Psychic Terrain. (i think it switched out one of it's moves)

The bad part is it was a pokemon i hadn't registered yet and raids turn into different ones after midnight.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Needing Pokemon Go to get the coin bag for Gimmeghoul to evolve. Not thrilled, since I do not have space for it as a game and it's a space hog.

So in game coin collecting is worthless.

Pokefan_1987

Needing Pokemon Go to get the coin bag for Gimmighoul to evolve. Not thrilled, since I do not have space for it as a game and it's a space hog.

There's plenty of other people looking for pokemon in pokemon home trade servers like i mention my Ceruledge in the recent happening thread.
I even got a Roaring Moon for my dex for the gift version of Protean Sprigatito through home yesterday after a few hours
and even a Alakazam for a Kadabra (for a new Brilliant Diamond playthrough)
Unfortunately the obedience cap is creeping up fast after both Maylene and Crasher Wake while I still haven't unlocked Feraligator Typhlosion and Empoleon.
That level 60 Alakazam is just a sitting extra target while healing... and i hate when disobedient pokemon fall asleep :mad: :mad: :mad:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
There's plenty of other people looking for pokemon in pokemon home trade servers like i mention my Ceruledge in the recent happening thread.
I even got a Roaring Moon for my dex for the gift version of Protean Sprigatito through home yesterday after a few hours
and even a Alakazam for a Kadabra (for a new Brilliant Diamond playthrough)
Unfortunately the obedience cap is creeping up fast after both Maylene and Crasher Wake :(

Sweet. Might try that if the GTS doesn't work.

Go just hogs so much. It asked for 1gb of space for an update. That's when I had to delete it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Sweet. Might try that if the GTS doesn't work.

Go just hogs so much. It asked for 1gb of space for an update. That's when I had to delete it.
I only keep it to try to get more Vivillion forms, Meltan and Melmetal, and one or two Roaming Gimmighoul. Other than that I don’t really use the app that much.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I only keep it to try to get more Vivillion forms, Meltan and Melmetal, and one or two Roaming Gimmighoul. Other than that I don’t really use the app that much.

Ah. I'd do so for that too, but space is very limited. So if even if I got it again, it would just be for the bag and then to delete it again.

And since it's a 30 min lure thing... it's a bit useless.

Pokefan_1987

Ah. I'd do so for that too, but space is very limited. So if even if I got it again, it would just be for the bag and then to delete it again.
My phone has plenty of inside memory i rarely delete apps and most of my trades have between creatures i don't have in my other switch pokemon games. I do delete caches and junk files

I still dont use lot of apps
A bank app, a qr bus ticket app. A QR reader, a PDF App, and lastly app for easy refill of my phone mobile data megabytes and call credit.
MP4 Video files eat a lot more room. My music is on my small Micro SD in the slot.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My phone has plenty of inside memory i rarely delete apps and most of my trades have between creatures i don't have in my other switch pokemon games. I do delete caches and junk files

I still dont use lot of apps
A bank app, a qr bus ticket app. A QR reader, a PDF App, and lastly app for easy refill of my phone mobile data megabytes and call credit.
MP4 Video files eat a lot more room. My music is on my small Micro SD in the slot.

My phone is a 16gb one. I basically do what you do as well. Any videos and pictures go straight onto my sd card.

I have Twitter, Discord, Tumblr, Twitch, Nintendo Switch Online, Pokemon Home and a few others.

I miss being able to move apps onto my sd card tho.

Would love to get 32gb one when I can. It would give me a bit more to work with. The updates are what eat up space a lot.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Needing Pokemon Go to get the coin bag for Gimmeghoul to evolve. Not thrilled, since I do not have space for it as a game and it's a space hog.

Might be reading your post wrong, but why would you need Pokemon Go for Gimmighoul to evolve?
You can easily just caught or rematch the Gimmighoul on top of those towers, and nab the occasion coin from any one you pass by it.
I got Ghouldengo fairly easily this way. I almost have enough for another. I don't think I had connected to Pokemon Go prior to its evolution.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Might be reading your post wrong, but why would you need Pokemon Go for Gimmighoul to evolve?
You can easily just caught or rematch the Gimmighoul on top of those towers, and nab the occasion coin from any one you pass by it.
I got Ghouldengo fairly easily this way. I almost have enough for another. I don't think I had connected to Pokemon Go prior to its evolution.

You did? I thought you needed the bag to collect the coins. How did you check the coins to see how much you had?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
You did? I thought you needed the bag to collect the coins. How did you check the coins to see how much you had?
They're in with all the other materials like Deino Scales and Smoliv Leaves.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
In retrospect, needing an item to run in the gen 3~5 Pokemon games was one of the weirdest decisions (next to SWSH needing an item to change stereo/mono audio) ever in the series. I KNOW at least back since the PlayStation 1, other RPGs allowed you to run by default, including inside buildings which the GBA games forbid. Pokemon RSE/FRLG thinks it's rude to run inside buildings while Lan Hikari in Mega Man Battle Network releasing on the GBA at the same time as those exact games is rollerblading around indoors like nothing. I really see what people mean when they say Pokemon is pretty behind compared to other RPGs.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
They're in with all the other materials like Deino Scales and Smoliv Leaves.

Thanks! Will double check. Been thinking they'd be in with key items all this time.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
In retrospect, needing an item to run in the gen 3~5 Pokemon games was one of the weirdest decisions (next to SWSH needing an item to change stereo/mono audio) ever in the series. I KNOW at least back since the PlayStation 1, other RPGs allowed you to run by default, including inside buildings which the GBA games forbid. Pokemon RSE/FRLG thinks it's rude to run inside buildings while Lan Hikari in Mega Man Battle Network releasing on the GBA at the same time as those exact games is rollerblading around indoors like nothing. I really see what people mean when they say Pokemon is pretty behind compared to other RPGs.
Rollerblading indoors is a lot less imitatable than running indoors is. For one, you have to own rollerblades.

--------------------------------
I dislike only being able to have 999 of any given item. I'm pretty sure you could have more than 999 Pokeballs in the older games.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I dislike only being able to have 999 of any given item. I'm pretty sure you could have more than 999 Pokeballs in the older games.

Actually, there's a way to store more 1000...

Simply let a dupe pokémon in your box hold the item. I do that for EV-reducing berries, tera shards and, as of yesterday, for rare candies

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The scarcity of trying to find Kecleon in Pokemon GO, especially when trying to complete that shiny Jirachi event

Pokefan_1987

Actually, there's a way to store more 1000...

Simply let a dupe pokémon in your box hold the item. I do that for EV-reducing berries, tera shards and, as of yesterday, for rare candies
As in Item Mule ? You'd need to be meticulous to own choose creatures for the job (like bidoof/bibarel were known for in Gen 4) give them the item then keep eyes open for filling up the bag again.
Actually it would be good to have items reach past 999. Even Gimmighoul was designed to reach the 999 limit to evolve it, which is a mind-blowing task.

Pokefan_1987

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet not allowing players to update to get the latest Tera Raid events without paid memberships. Even if you want to do the new raid offline you won't receive it with paying for even 1 month. :mad:

I'm all out of the one week trial memberships, one had them twice.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
As in Item Mule ? You'd need to be meticulous to own choose creatures for the job (like bidoof/bibarel were known for in Gen 4) give them the item then keep eyes open for filling up the bag again.
Actually it would be good to have items reach past 999. Even Gimmighoul was designed to reach the 999 limit to evolve it, which is a mind-blowing task.

The Ghimmigoul coins are easy- just fly to every tower every day and defeat chest Ghimmigoul at each tower. You get 50-100 each time you do.