• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Estellise

peachy
Something that's recently been bothering me:
The many people saying that Ghetsis' Hydreigon was a "hack because it's level 54, but Hydreigon evolves at level 64!" Okay, what exactly are you trying to say? Would you much rather of had his Hydreigon be level 64 rather than 54? I personally don't see a reason to whine about the lower level. Besides, it's not like this was the first time in Poké-history that someone used a fully evolved poke that shouldn't of been fully evolved.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
The fact you get each Gym Leader's number in your pokenav in Ruby and Sapphire, and you'll never be able to rematch them reallllllyyyy made me mad.

Me having a WPA2 router (I have a ds lite), and not having the ability to do special events and access the GTS (can't mesuda method :c)

I've personally never understood why Snubbull had a higher female ratio :p

Pokeradar chains randomly breaking out of nowhere really bugs me aswell.

Cmack102

That there isn't an "Organisation Boss" tournament in the PWT! I'd love to see Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Archie - Heck even Giovanni and maybe just the Admins like Tabitha for some fun. It would make a great tournaments imo!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
That there isn't an "Organisation Boss" tournament in the PWT! I'd love to see Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Archie - Heck even Giovanni and maybe just the Admins like Tabitha for some fun. It would make a great tournaments imo!

Giovanni is in the tourney, don't forget Steven

fitzy909

Just another guy
the one thing that gets me more than anything else is that my router doesn't work with my ds/ds games, but it does work with my 3ds, wii and wii u. it gets me so annoyed.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I always seem to have Wi-Fi connection problems as well. I haven't been able to finish a single battle, Friend List or not, just because of this little problem.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
the one thing that gets me more than anything else is that my router doesn't work with my ds/ds games, but it does work with my 3ds, wii and wii u. it gets me so annoyed.

Ah yes, the dreaded WPA connection. I have a DS Lite and a 3DS XL and my connection is also WPA like yours from what I know so if I wanted to wi-fi trade or something I'd have to be forced into using my 3DS XL which I plan for using for Pokemon X & Y. I feel so annoyed about the fact the earlier DS models only work with WEP.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I found a new adversary in the PWT: Sleep Powder. I almost lost against Red because of it.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
People thinking that focus blast, hydro pump and similar moves will hit every time. Many times when my opponent's moves miss and I proceed to beat them, they go like "you only won because X attack missed". I mean come on! The move's supposed to miss sometime or the other.

fitzy909

Just another guy
People thinking that focus blast, hydro pump and similar moves will hit every time. Many times when my opponent's moves miss and I proceed to beat them, they go like "you only won because X attack missed". I mean come on! The move's supposed to miss sometime or the other.

i feel your pain. they complain about a move missing that had 70% accuracy, of course it won't hit every turn...just deal with it. use choice specs if you have to.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
what grinds my gears? lets see...

-The Freeze status condition...
-people who ask for outrageous offers on the GTS like level 9 and under legendaries...
-the pokemon anime
-Pikachu's cousins weren't made a LITTLE bit tougher
-old generation "Fans"
-times when your pokemon is taken out in one hit, when is is NOT a critical hit!
-Dragon types as a whole (Except for like Dialga, maybe Giritina)
-Trainers in gyms that have a countering type merely to smite you
-Trainers that use potions just when you're about to fell their pokemon, and it was so hard to get it there
-Cynthia, because fighting here is a pain
-ghost types, they want you dead
-General hate on a certain pokemon i like because it's not "fit for competitive play"
-Ambipom
-searching for evolution stones in dust clouds...

CAH

Calm And Hyper
The fact that PWT's rental battles in Black and White 2 wasn't done as well as it could have. There was only like types (normal and master), no continuity (if you win one round, you don't progress to an increasingly challenging round) and no incentive to carry on. In Diamond and Pearl, battle factory was a million times better, so much so that I can still replay it to this day. In Diamond and Pearl's version, the Pokemon were mostly fully evolved (in B&W2, most of them, especially in the normal version, are a mix of unevolved Pokemon), the rounds got increasingly more challenging with legendaries eventually joining the fray in later rounds, and even Thorton being a boss at the end of every three rounds, and because the rounds continued, you couldn't just cheat and quit to essentially select your team.

PWT was entertaining for a bit, mainly due to the gym leader battles, but Diamond and Pearl and even Emerald had a much better rental battle system with huge longevity.

Getting far too many female Stunkies when I'm aiming for Adamant, Jolly or Lax males. I don't have a problem with female Stunky normally. Female Stunky is cool. However, my gripe with it is that I want its Egg move, Foul Play to be passed down when I start hunting for a shiny Stunky for use in online, and females don't pass down the moves.

So as you can expect... it gets annoying. Very. Very. Fast.

Cmack102

-Trainers in gyms that have a countering type merely to smite you
-Trainers that use potions just when you're about to fell their pokemon, and it was so hard to get it there
-Cynthia, because fighting here is a pain

/THIS/ I can relate to all of this. Cynthia was a huge pain. Her Garchomp especially. Oh I see you have an Ice Type ~ ALLOW ME TO USE MY FOCUS SASH AND STONE EDGE IT TO DEATH :mad:

Also the ridiculous amount of Full Restores Elite Four and Gym Leaders could go through on one Pokemon, especially when their Pokemon has Sturdy.. *cough* Colress *cough* He is badass though

And that one trainer in Canalave Gym. Oh I see you brought a fire type to the steel type gym, ALLOW ME TO SEND OUT MY AZUMARILL.

:mad:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Confuse Ray. Even more annoying than Supersonic, as it has a perfect accuracy, regardless of the equally annoying Pokémon who call off the attack.

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
Oh boy... Where do I begin...

-Smogon's Competitive Battling rules. They just do. I personally go by the official rules, like PWT's rules.
-Cheaters that take the easy way. I don't know why they do it; sucks all the fun and the feeling of accomplishment away.
-Oldschool "fans".
-Not being able to have a male Surfing Pikachu or a Female Flying Pikachu.
--Not being about to keep HM moves on Pokémon to transfer them to the next Gen, which is worse when the HM is event exclusive for that Pokémon. (Like Surfing/Flying Pikachu.)
---Not being able to teach Surf or Fly to a Pikachu by a special In Game move tutor...
-Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. I didn't hate the game. I just hate the story. It's hard to play it anymore after the first time I played through it. I can play Colosseum as much as I want with no issues. To be honest, as far as I'm concerned, to me XD is just a "what if" sequel. Even if though it isn't, I consider it as that...
-New Type Speculation in general. (To clarify, I hated it because of the arguing. I particularly hate the Light-type speculation. I am very welcoming to the new Fairy-type.)
-The fact that Reshiram/Zekrom/Arceus/Celebi/Victini/Deoxys*/Shaymin*/Darkrai*/Keldeo/Meloetta cannot be legitimately Shiny. *There are some legit shiny versions. However, the events for this to be possible have happened and are done.
-The fact that Manaphy(PKMN Ranger)/Mew(Haley's)/Jirachi(WISHMKR) can be shiny, but it's so time consuming that they might as well just be impossible to be shiny...
-When people say there won't be Ruby & Sapphire Remakes. (Not trying to start any debate, but I'm just saying since we are on the next gen handheld, it's not particularly impossible...)
-When people argued about Sylveon's type.
-The lack of Manaphy Events

Last edited:

budderytorterra7

Grass Type Trainer
I absolutely hate when people hate on grass types. They aren't that bad. Who cares if they have a lot of weaknesses. Not me. I get something else to counter it. Grass is my favorite type. Also I really don't like when people hate on 4th Gen. It's not all that bad. We got some amazing pokemon evolutions like electivire,magmortar, and weavile. I can see why people don't really like it though. But Diamond was my first game and everyone normally favors the region they started in so...yeah.