• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Cynthia in Champions Tournament grinds my gears. Her team is just a huge pain, especially Garchomp and Roserade.

Also most of the DRAGON trainers, DRAGON leaders and DRAGON elite four members as well as the DRAGON champion.
USE A GYARADOS

IT IS /NOT/ A DRAGON

But it certainly looks like one.

Critical hits grind my gears. They always happen at the most annoying times.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
-Attacks missing when you need them most

-FOX News

-People giving me **** for using NU pokémon in OU matches (which work really well)

Cutty

Forever now
- I really dont like Samurott design... Its so tacky n fat... doesnt look like samurai at all... is it based on a sea cow?
- Many trainers n wild pokemon in a certain place while im on a hurry, have no repels or potions.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I really don't like annoying crobats. I mean, they're not really that great, one ice Beam/Thunder/Blizzard and boom, they're done. Unless it's got something better than Super Fang, it'll always be inferior to Gliscor

People wbo keep bashing a specific pokémon just to get on your nerves, yet wont have the balls to battle you.

Zubats... the most annoying thing on the planet and needs to die in a fire.

Also, you seem to fail at biology, Samurott is based off of a sea lion and otter. More specifically a giant otter.

Last edited:

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
-Samurott not being Water/Fighting or Water/Rock. The guy could've been epic!

-Pikachu. Just Pikachu.

-Gear Grinds my Gears? Does Gear Grind Your Gears? Gigear Grinds my Gears too. And Gigigear. Gear, Gigear and Gigigear all Grind my Gears!

-The move curse.... Especially in-game on Onix or Steelix when i bring nothing to counter them...
-Also those fishermen who have six pokemon. Im like "hmm a good battle". Then they end up with SIX Magikarp.
-Ferroseed's animation. Spinning. Spinning. Spinning...
-Hoenns Elite 4 (like steven though) as they were quite forgettable
These all grind my gears o_O

SBaby

Dungeon Master
People who'll purposely disconnect to avoid losses in Wifi battles. Is protecting their "precious record" really worth selling out their dignity?

I SO hope the rumors are true about X and Y, and that they are going to start penalizing people for doing that.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Seriously though, what really grinds my gears is the Klink family. That 2-hit gear grind move is pretty cool.
People who disconnect right before you beat them in an online match.

Last edited:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Confusion, my worst enemy since the 1st gen. Especially from that stupid ubiquitous bat.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Cant be worse than a cowardly crobat....

Lvl 9 and under trades at the GTS, that's just as annoying

budderytorterra7

Grass Type Trainer
When people have shinies and brag about them. I've only found one shiny in the wild ever. (Does the Gyarados in soulsilver count?) It makes me feel like a noob when people put how many shinies they have caught in their sig. Though I really shouldn't be mad about other people bragging about shinies because if I caught a shiny pokemon I wouldn't let anyone hear the end of it. :) I think I'm going to edit my sig and put that amazing shiny Gyarados in it.

SlenderMan0

Destroyed&Recreated
What really grinds my gears is that people been always wanting a panda pokemon. But we always had Spinda!

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
When people have shinies and brag about them. I've only found one shiny in the wild ever. (Does the Gyarados in soulsilver count?) It makes me feel like a noob when people put how many shinies they have caught in their sig. Though I really shouldn't be mad about other people bragging about shinies because if I caught a shiny pokemon I wouldn't let anyone hear the end of it. :) I think I'm going to edit my sig and put that amazing shiny Gyarados in it.

Very true what you said about what would happen if you got a shiny. Trust me, shinies are nothing short of incredible. And it's pride, not bragging.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
^

I mean really, why would you want a Pokemon that is impossible to obtain legitimately? Just... why? And why in such great numbers?

Cmack102

People who offer to trade you a Pokemon, and when you get it you find out it's not legitimate and you can't use it.

>.>

Yeah, you know who you are.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
One pokémon only... ;006;