• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

mihaz

It's a matter of culture imho..i've been to japan and they have a great flaw..I just think japanese people must be a little bit opened to the external world,and this is fully reflected in the manner their factories works..
Through the years PKM has become a world success,but great rewards are still for japanese players only.

I knew that in the specific case the eggs were released to celebrate the oriental zodiac,but what's wrong in sharing even country traditions/recurrences?^^

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Genwunners. The most annoying pokemon "fans" ever. They are too hypocritical for me to be around them

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Genwunners. The most annoying pokemon "fans" ever. They are too hypocritical for me to be around them

I like all gens but genwunners (go on youtube and you'll find plenty of them) are seriously ruining gen1 for me. Sure I grew up with it and all, but they are giving pokémon fans, including reasonable people who like gen 1, and gen1 itself a bad name. Just can't believe these ignorant ****ers. Especially this one guy known as Tonenciuc who think he knows everything about pokémon saying that all the games after gen 1 is crap, all the new pokémon are crap, and all of his hypocritical ********! I can't believe someone who is that ignorant, especially using the anime as the only excuse saying that the games do not matter! AND IM STILL ARGUING WITH THAT IGNORANT, HYPOCRITICAL, ARROGANT, CONCIETED DOUCHEBAG!

Enjolras

Master of the House
I like all gens but genwunners (go on youtube and you'll find plenty of them) are seriously ruining gen1 for me. Sure I grew up with it and all, but they are giving pokémon fans, including reasonable people who like gen 1, and gen1 itself a bad name. Just can't believe these ignorant ****ers. Especially this one guy known as Tonenciuc who think he knows everything about pokémon saying that all the games after gen 1 is crap, all the new pokémon are crap, and all of his hypocritical ********! I can't believe someone who is that ignorant, especially using the anime as the only excuse saying that the games do not matter! AND IM STILL ARGUING WITH THAT IGNORANT, HYPOCRITICAL, ARROGANT, CONCIETED DOUCHEBAG!

Dude, you have posted that statement at least twice on this thread alone. Chill.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Dude, you have posted that statement at least twice on this thread alone. Chill.

Just added extra to it -_- I've been arguing with this moron for days now...That grinds my gears even more-_-

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
You know what makes me use Gear Grind?
The genwars, and people who use this thread as a front for it.

BugPokemonMaster316

In Pokémon, the thing that grinds my gears the most in the games is para hax. I wind up being paralyzed practically the entire battle every time! Another annoying thing is whenever I freeze my opponent they thaw out like the next turn.

Going on with all the "genwunner" talk, there's something else that grinds my gears. That my friends, is people complaining about "genwunners" and people who bash gen 1 because they don't like someone saying their opinion about a new Pokémon. There aren't really many genwunners out there. I myself have never met or seen one. There are more people complaining about them than actual genwunners. Also, I hate it when people bash any gen. If you don't like it, then don't freak out. The worst though, is when someone says "Eh, I don't really like this cotton candy Pokémon" and the next guy all of a sudden starts going on about how the above poster is a genwunner and that how Charizard and Voltorb and Magnemite are all stupid. I just really hate it when people do that. All people are trying to do is state their opinion. Also, if they are bashing the new gens, then don't start bashing the older gens to make them mad. If you do that, then you are no better than them.

Well, that's all I have to say. Guess I got a little carried away. Probably because my favorite Pokémon is Charizard(tied with Scizor) and I'm really sick of constantly seeing people bash him to "get back" at genwunners. They are all Pokémon, created by the same company and people. No need to get in a rage about fictional monsters. That is all.

So overall, most of the things that grind my gears are with most of the fans, not the game itself.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
You know what makes me use Gear Grind?
People who can't take a hint.

But in all seriousness, the fact that Klinklang doesn't have a very diverse physical moveset makes me mad.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Anyway, another thing that grinds my gears is the HALLWAY. No matter what Route you take, you cannot escape from the hallway. Sometimes the path branches out into a fork, but alas, the branch only leads to an item or a story objective. Then you're back in the hallway. Sometimes, you'll go into a cave or building. But alas, after your objective there, you're back to the hallway.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I'd like to know why Nintendo still prefers Japanese users to all the rest of the world. apart from the fact Nintendo is japanese..
I'm talking about the events...

I mean,even an European or American or australian or esquimese guy/girl pays for the game and so...why he/she couln't have the opportunity to be gifted of a legendary he/she missed out,or a normal pkmn with particular moveset,or shinies?
In Italy years ago i missed some events and now for example I still have NO events for jirachi (now there is one for Japan Only) shaimyn,celeby darkrai...That means they were one shot events..

not to mention all those shinies that japanese players have the possibility to collect (rayquaza,the dragon eggs and so on..)

this really makes no sense to me.

It's even more unfortunate if you're like me and you have wi-fi that is incompatible with your DS. I have WPA encryption that works on my 3DS but not DS Lite, and I won't even use my 3DS until I get X & Y, meaning I had no choice but to miss out on every 4th and 5th Gen event so far, even the ones that were available in my part of the globe.

I do have to agree on the "favoritism" towards Japan, but there's a justifiable reason why certain Japanese events never make it internationally.

Last edited:

ToeyJoey

The Count
The fact that Choice Scarf exists. I want to shoot the one who came up with that item.

What's wrong with the Choice Scarf? It makes you faster, but with a large drawback...

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
What uses Gear Grind on me is when you get haxed by something multiple times and can't attack. This could be paralysis, repeated missing, flinching, Protect/Detect hax, etc. On occasion, I have lost a battle without taking out an opponent's team because of this. Another thing is when people call Aerodactyl a dinosaur when it's clearly a mix of a pterosaur and a dragon.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
So I saw the funniest thing today.
Patrat level 4
Wanted: Reshiram level 9 and under
And that's what EVERY result looked like.
I think Nintendo needs to have a moderator approve a trade or at least program the game so that this doesn't happen in the future.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
That my club is dying

That trolls think they're right about everything

ebevan91

So I saw the funniest thing today.
Patrat level 4
Wanted: Reshiram level 9 and under
And that's what EVERY result looked like.
I think Nintendo needs to have a moderator approve a trade or at least program the game so that this doesn't happen in the future.

They could easily fix this for Gen VI. The minimum level you can acquire a legit legendary Pokemon should be the lowest level you can request on the GTS. So for instance the lowest level you can find a Ho-Oh at is level 45, so on the GTS, you can't ask for a Ho-oh that is level 44 or under.

pokemasta92

You know what grinds my gears? The fact that the DS came out and therefore no more Pokémon games were made for GBA. I liked the simplicity and style of the GB/GBA games with a single screen which is why I tend to play the first 3 generations the most, mostly the 3rd. This has nothing to do with the Pokémon, there are Pokémon I love and others I hate from all gens. I just like the 8/16/32 bit style graphics since that's what Pokémon was started on. Yeah that's right I'm not a genwunner, I'm a consolewunner. Go ahead and shake your heads...

Flying Weasel

You know what grinds my gears? The fact that the DS came out and therefore no more Pokémon games were made for GBA. I liked the simplicity and style of the GB/GBA games with a single screen which is why I tend to play the first 3 generations the most, mostly the 3rd. This has nothing to do with the Pokémon, there are Pokémon I love and others I hate from all gens. I just like the 8/16/32 bit style graphics since that's what Pokémon was started on. Yeah that's right I'm not a genwunner, I'm a consolewunner. Go ahead and shake your heads...
^^^^^^^ This guy

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
What Grinds my Gears? People with opinions.