• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

scorcher117

What grinds my gears? I would have to say people who hate Pokemon, or anything really, for no reason or just insult someone for liking something. I understand that not everyone enjoys the same things, but it's infuriating when people say "Pokemon sucks, it's only for little kids", rather than "Personally i fell that Pokemon is s childish game and i would prefer not to play it".
I feel the same way about My little Pony FIM

scorcher117

Event pokemon, I don't care about existing pokemon eg a shiny rayquaza (sure it would be cool to have one) what I really don't like is the event pokemon you can't get any other way Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Genesect, Keldeo and Victini, (which doesn't bother me as much as it was widely publicised and you got it online) the only way you can really get them now is to trade and c'mon what are the odds you find someone willing to trade one that is not hacked.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Event pokemon, I don't care about existing pokemon eg a shiny rayquaza (sure it would be cool to have one) what I really don't like is the event pokemon you can't get any other way Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Genesect, Keldeo and Victini, (which doesn't bother me as much as it was widely publicised and you got it online) the only way you can really get them now is to trade and c'mon what are the odds you find someone willing to trade one that is not hacked.

I've got a spare Japanese event Meloetta I'd be willing to part with, if I had access to wireless so I could access the GTS

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
The route gates in pokemon D/P/Pt. While riding my bicycle, it immediately goes away once I enter the gate, then I've gotta re-equip the bike after I exit the gate. This may seem like a pretty small thing, but I don't know about you, but I go through gates on a bicycle.... alot. I just don't understand why you were able to ride a bike through the gate in R/S/E without having to re-select and then the next generation, they had to make it something little that is just... frustrating.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
In pokémon The Orgin. WHY IS CHARIZARD UNDERWATER AND DID NOT DIE!?

R2J

R.I.P #31
Go into the GTS Negations and see people just show off there legendary's then leave...whats the point?

Cherche

Banned
Just got another one. Nothing makes me more angry, mad or ticked off than when someone says Lucario is bad or starts hating on it. Makes want me to punch a wall.

cyberworrier94

Story Writer

Acdog

I would have to say that what grinds my gears is how serious some people take things. Here on the forums, debate is good. It's awesome to have two clashing opinions. However, I don't understand the masses of people who get offended by things like other people's preferences, or even those who are offended "on a personal level" with what happened to the 4Kids voice actors. You don't see the voice actors making a big deal of it, and it happened to them! Seriously, this is supposed to be fun. I think more people need to take things with a grain of sand and start realizing that no matter how passionate you are about your opinion, it's an opinion. It's not right or wrong. Literally everything in the world around us is subjective, even math and science. They're only true and proven because we accept them to be so. Given that perspective, we can't begin to think for a second that anything in the Pokemon universe is anything but subjective. Have your opinion, debate, and provoke thoughts, but do it in good spirit and with the humility of knowing that your opinion is neither right or wrong.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Just got another one. Nothing makes me more angry, mad or ticked off than when someone says Lucario is bad or starts hating on it. Makes want me to punch a wall.

With the amount of popularity/spotlight Lucario gets from fans and in the media, I wouldn't be too upset by it.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I would have to say that what grinds my gears is how serious some people take things. Here on the forums, debate is good. It's awesome to have two clashing opinions. However, I don't understand the masses of people who get offended by things like other people's preferences, or even those who are offended "on a personal level" with what happened to the 4Kids voice actors. You don't see the voice actors making a big deal of it, and it happened to them! Seriously, this is supposed to be fun. I think more people need to take things with a grain of sand and start realizing that no matter how passionate you are about your opinion, it's an opinion. It's not right or wrong. Literally everything in the world around us is subjective, even math and science. They're only true and proven because we accept them to be so. Given that perspective, we can't begin to think for a second that anything in the Pokemon universe is anything but subjective. Have your opinion, debate, and provoke thoughts, but do it in good spirit and with the humility of knowing that your opinion is neither right or wrong.

Thank you! This, a thousand times this. I get a teeny bit upset over how they gave a Mega Evolution to Mewtwo and suddenly, I'm bashed to no end!

PokemonXY

#PokemonXY
Competitive Battling. I just play Pokemon for fun.

bluelatios97

Countess
People that abuse entry hazards and legendary Pokémon

Mew The Gato

Someone says this. FINALLY.

There also exists the fact that anything cannot exist without its opposite. Due to this, it is thanks to others' opinions that yours exists. It should be appreciated. :)

fitzy909

Just another guy
Thank you! This, a thousand times this. I get a teeny bit upset over how they gave a Mega Evolution to Mewtwo and suddenly, I'm bashed to no end!
I know what you mean. Some people can't accept that people have different opinions to them.