• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
These are few things that grind my gears from the top of my head:

-The fact that most of the pokemon I really like are either not that great or outclassed. For example, Weavile is often stated to be outclassed by Mamoswine.
-The fact that event legedaries exist. Why can't I just get them in the game?
-The fact that starters, fossils and certain rare pokemon have a 12.5% of being female. This gets annoying when you want to breed them.

Goodraman

Man of 1000 Goomys
even if it just five percent, you have a better chance at finding a shiny than you can a pikachu holding a lightball.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Not being able to use legendaries in the Battle Tower. I know it's there to balance things, but why can't they make it so it just won't record your progress and doesn't reward you any BP if you use one on your team?

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
even if it just five percent, you have a better chance at finding a shiny than you can a pikachu holding a lightball.

As mentioned earlier Compound eyes increase the chance of wild item finds.
Or you can have a static lead to EV train while looking for it.

On a side note when I was searching for Grimer in the Fiery path in Emerald after lots of encounters(Maybe 2500 or more) I found a shiny Koffing.
But Grimer along with Chimecho have not been found yet...

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I really hate the way bred Pokemon in X and Y hatch in whatever PokeBall the mother was caught in. I like having all my EVd Pokemon (barring legendaries) in PokeBalls but now that's impossible with female only species. Looks like I need to wait for PokeBank just to get a Blissey in a PokeBall cause no matter how many times I ask, people on the GTS give me Chansey caught in different PokeBalls. Why can't they just hatch in regular PokeBalls or, if breeding with a Ditto, whatever PokeBall the Ditto is in?

I also dislike the people on Wonder Trade who just trade random Pokemon that they caught. I did wonder trading for the first (and most likely last due to the Mystery Eggs being supposedly linked to WT) time yesterday and most of the stuff I got were caught Pokemon. While I did get a few good things (Outrage Larvitar, 3 max IV Gastly and Druddigon, Drought Vulpix) the randomly caught Pokemon were a real let down. Suppose it wasn't that big a deal as I was just trading off random Tyrogue (some with their HA) I happened to have. I just released the Pokemon and deleted the random traders from my Acquaintances.

Another thing, I'm trying to get a female Dustox with 31/X/31/31/31/31 IVs and all the Wurmple I get with these IVs evolve into Beautifly.

EDIT:

Does anybody remember Wrap in RBY? THAT was really annoying.

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

On a side note when I was searching for Grimer in the Fiery path in Emerald after lots of encounters(Maybe 2500 or more) I found a shiny Koffing.
But Grimer along with Chimecho have not been found yet...

Guess what? The very first Magikarp I fished up in Platinum... was shiny...

I just cant figure out why Shauna hates the Parfum Palace owner in Pokemon X/Y, saying if she was a Pokemon shed hate to have a master like him, and that shell try to forget him. I didnt see him say anything mean/bad to Shauna or the player...did I miss something? o_O

I just cant figure out why Shauna hates the Parfum Palace owner in Pokemon X/Y, saying if she was a Pokemon shed hate to have a master like him, and that shell try to forget him. I didnt see him say anything mean/bad to Shauna or the player...did I miss something? o_O

I think it was just the fact he let his Furfrou just get away like that.

Griever789

Not being able to use legendaries in the Battle Tower. I know it's there to balance things, but why can't they make it so it just won't record your progress and doesn't reward you any BP if you use one on your team?

I know right I wish legendaries had their own battle tower thing, where people use legends and pokemon that can fight them.

I think it was just the fact he let his Furfrou just get away like that.

I thought the Furfrou just decided to be naughty and run off and play in the garden by itself when it wasnt supposed to, which wouldnt really be the guys fault...but then when I found it Shauna said something like "No wonder it ran away from him" and I was confused...but maybe youre right?

Vikings

Oracle

Girls are emotional.

Mi-tan

I think she didn't like his personality. To me he acted quite overbearing and overdramatic, so she probably thought that a Pokemon would be stressed out and unhappy being around him. Rather like the Johto anime episode where our heroes encounter a Snubbull that doesn't like living with its controlling rich mistress, I guess.

DjinnSei

Desert Dweller
The owner of Parfum Palace was kind of unpleasant in my opinion. I got the vibe he treated his Furfrou like all the other stuff he had. Plus his reason for keeping the flute was rather petty. His butler made me feel differently about him though, saying that he grew up not knowing the true worth of things.

But my main pet peeve is dealing with Pranksters. I have a rough time when I can't taunt them. Also there are some amazing pokemon move sets that just seem so unfair. It's legal and rather genius in execution, but it makes me feel lame when I don't see it coming and can't do anything about it.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
The owner of Parfum Palace was kind of unpleasant in my opinion. I got the vibe he treated his Furfrou like all the other stuff he had. Plus his reason for keeping the flute was rather petty. His butler made me feel differently about him though, saying that he grew up not knowing the true worth of things.

But my main pet peeve is dealing with Pranksters. I have a rough time when I can't taunt them. Also there are some amazing pokemon move sets that just seem so unfair. It's legal and rather genius in execution, but it makes me feel lame when I don't see it coming and can't do anything about it.

Pranksters always do something to me too. Man. I hate! Specially SwagKey and I seem to be so unlucky that I always got recoil when trying to damaging it when confused.

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
New gear grinders:

~ Pansear. Everytime I WT, I get, like, three or four of these things. It's getting annoying.
~ My FS. Sadly, I give out common Pokemon, and because of that I get turned down most of the time when I ask someone to add me coz I like something in their FS.
~ The Sp Def ST Regimen. Ugh. I hate those bitbots.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
All these store specific event download Pokemon! Wal-mart, tesco and Pokemon centers!
They might aswell have not bothered with a worldwide release.

Man if some Pokemon disables the only offensive move my Pokemon has.