• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Agree to an extent, though some pokemon like Venusaur were "usable" and OU, but were Mega-Evos well-spent due to filling an entirely different niche. I'll agree, something like Blaziken, which does the SAME EXACT THING as it's non-Mega'd form more or less, was a complete waste.

Eh, ignoring my avatar, I don't think Blaziken was a total waste of a Mega. The ability to hit hard without a single boost (and no LO recoil) is a lot more useful than you might think. It helps a lot in Doubles/Triples to be able to wreck things from the start. In the item clause world of Nintendo formats and Battle Maison, freeing up LO and Leftovers is rather handy. It may not be something like a Mega Absol in terms of filling a different niche, but total waste isn't at all what I'd call it. That's just me, though.

Well, here's one I just realized; Nintendo/Game Freak did not bother to ban any of the past-generation Legendaries from Random Matchups. This has resulted in Japanese players, who had PokeBank for a short time before it went down, being able to stack teams full of Ho-Oh, Lugia, Arceus, etc.

Really, A+ on the forethought.

Oh god, really? Another reason to avoid random matchup for awhile. Aside from the fact that not all of them are bound to be EV'ed, that's just annoying.

KillerDraco

Oh god, really? Another reason to avoid random matchup for awhile. Aside from the fact that not all of them are bound to be EV'ed, that's just annoying.

Yeah. Spent most of last night dealing with Rayquaza, Arceus, etc.

But then again, it's just another reason why Wi-fi tends to pale in comparison to Sims or even battles with other people you actually know/can talk to.

Rya

When people trade a Pokemon on the GTS that's name something ridiculous like "useless" and I can't change it because it's a trade -_-

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
The fact that we still don't have pokemon bank, or at least a new release date

Haddy

Hi I'm Ledian, and for my Dream World ability is Iron Fist, with a movepool to actually use it! Did I mention my base Attack is 35!

I am a bit disappointed with Tyrunts ability to be honest. Yes Strong Jaws is decent in that it boosts biting moves, and it has a lot of them to use. However I still feel that they are a bit underwhelming even with the ability boosting them. For me personally I think the bite and elemental punches could have done with a little bit of a boost, or have the abilities boost by a further 10-15%, as even with the boost there would still be solid checks/counters to the Pokemon.

Oh, and can we have evolutions for some of the older Pokemon who's purpose at the moment is quite literally for a living Pokedex. Yes I'm looking at you Delibird/Farfetch'd/Dunsparce and Unown (come on this guy has Hidden Power as its only move, AND it got nerfed!)

Chalis

Victorious
I hate when a opponent uses Double team more tham 2 times. So annoying.

KillerDraco

When people trade a Pokemon on the GTS that's name something ridiculous like "useless" and I can't change it because it's a trade -_-

That's when you use them to breed, of course!

It's still annoying, but at least if you use one for battle you don't have to deal with the nickname.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
People who dislike, look down upon, ignore, or insult Bug Types.

The amount of Yveltal on WiFi, even though it's far easier to counter than Xerneas.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Like, right now, Gliscor is grinding my gears. I hate the variants which goes for Toxic Stall and Poison Heal as their ability. I know it's good to have a sponge, to absorb status move, like Starmie... Although I use Espeon. But agh! It's still annoying.

KillerDraco

People who dislike, look down upon, ignore, or insult Bug Types.

Really? I hadn't noticed that much hate towards Bug types. But then again, considering Scizor, Genesect, and Volcarona have consistently been amazing, and Forretress, Scolipede, Mega Pinsir, etc. have solid niches, I've always been pretty fond of bug types.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Really? I hadn't noticed that much hate towards Bug types. But then again, considering Scizor, Genesect, and Volcarona have consistently been amazing, and Forretress, Scolipede, Mega Pinsir, etc. have solid niches, I've always been pretty fond of bug types.

Every single Thread that is a favorite/least favorite or strongest/weakest has half of the responses posting Bug Types in the latter.

KillerDraco

Every single Thread that is a favorite/least favorite or strongest/weakest has half of the responses posting Bug Types in the latter.

I don't really look at those threads that much, since I've noticed the quality of those posts can be somewhat... inconsistent, to put it in a very light way.

Though speaking of types, I do find it mildly annoying that we get generic cutesy normal types every generation that serve little to no purpose outside of said cutesy role. It's part of the reason why normal types would be what I classify as my least favorite type... at least until we get a normal/ghost. But that's another matter altogether.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I don't really look at those threads that much, since I've noticed the quality of those posts can be somewhat... inconsistent, to put it in a very light way.

Though speaking of types, I do find it mildly annoying that we get generic cutesy normal types every generation that serve little to no purpose outside of said cutesy role. It's part of the reason why normal types would be what I classify as my least favorite type... at least until we get a normal/ghost. But that's another matter altogether.

Outisde of those, there's profound hate throughout this Forum of Bug Types, as I've noticed.

Well, I think they kinda stopped with that in Gen III, onl having one in Gen V, as other than Mincinno I don't really remember any Normal Types that strike me as incredibly ponk and cutesy.

Sohryu

Be a Man!

Eh, Draco, Normal/Ghost? That'd be a fun pokemon! You should hope, if we have one someday, that GF doesn't mess with it. Although they're getting better with this time on this matter.
I'm still waiting a Ghost/Fight.
But anyway, are you including all Normal types? Even dual?

Eh, Draco, Normal/Ghost? That'd be a fun pokemon! You should hope, if we have one someday, that GF doesn't mess with it. Although they're getting better with this time on this matter.
I'm still waiting a Ghost/Fight.

Blissey and Mega Momma are the two reasons that I personally hate the Normal type. As for Normal/Ghost, that would be such an amazing type, up there with Water/Fairy.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Like, right now, Gliscor is grinding my gears. I hate the variants which goes for Toxic Stall and Poison Heal as their ability. I know it's good to have a sponge, to absorb status move, like Starmie... Although I use Espeon. But agh! It's still annoying.

I'll agree with that one. My current sim team only has two ways to combat Gliscor. Ice Beam from Kyurem-B, or failing that, hoping that Togekiss can beat it with Dazzling Gleam (which rarely happens). Too bad I'm too lazy to fix that problem.

Also, the Wide Guard buff slightly irks me, only because I learned about it in the worst way possible.

KillerDraco

I'm waiting for a Normal/Ghost simply because it would be the only thing that defies the perfect neutral coverage of Ghost and Fighting by virtue of being immune to both.

Most. Normal/Flying was one of those things that's been done to death, but Gen 4 and 6 turned the Normal/Flying first route bird into something more interesting (in Staraptor and Talonflame respectively). Other dual normal types were something of a rarity... I'm surprised Gen 6 added things like Pyroar and Diggersby.

I'll agree with that one. My current sim team only has two ways to combat Gliscor. Ice Beam from Kyurem-B, or failing that, hoping that Togekiss can beat it with Dazzling Gleam (which rarely happens). Too bad I'm too lazy to fix that problem.

Also, the Wide Guard buff slightly irks me, only because I learned about it in the worst way possible.

Ugh, SubToxic Gliscor. That's up there with SubSeed Trevenant and SwagKey in terms of hellishness. My main team has Starmie on it, which remedies the problem significantly, but it still is really hard to defeat.