• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Colourblind people responding to your 'shiny for shiny' or 'shiny for legendary' shout-outs.
Also, passersby who always feel the need to show off their legendaries.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Why doesn't Safeguard block Attract? Infatuation is the most annoying status by far. It's a status so Safeguard should block it.

Because Safeguard only stops Statuses that have their own icon, which is why stuff like Curse and Leech Seed also aren't blocked.

You learn something new every day :) Attract is still really annoying tho.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Why doesn't Safeguard block Attract? Infatuation is the most annoying status by far. It's a status so Safeguard should block it.

Because Safeguard only stops Statuses that have their own icon, which is why stuff like Curse and Leech Seed also aren't blocked.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
People complaining about PokéBank's delay. If anything, I'm more upset that Flipnote 3D was delayed indefinitely.

People who have teams of only legendaries. Having one or two on a team is manageable because Mewtwo is easy to KO, but if they make up your entire team, you should just admit you have no skill when it comes to battling [unless your in an Uber-tier battle].

So much of this. It's one thing to have a Celebi, Thundurus, or Keldeo (or even all three -- they're not too difficult to counter), but when someone pulls out a Kyogre with Water Spout and follows it up with Xerneas, Lugia, and three similar mons...

And continuing with the hax hate... I recently had Charge Beam, a 90% accuracy move, miss three times in a row. 1/1000 chance right there. Also, Megahorn seems to be missing a lot for me lately, even more than Focus Blast.

candycanecat

Lord of Bacon
What grinds MY gears?

The overwhelming number of fans RABIDLY DEMANDING Hoenn remakes. I honestly hope GameFreak doesn't make them because so many fans have impossible expectations and will be disappointed even if they get their beloved RSE remakes.

EDIT: So, apparently posting an unpopular opinion simply because I feel like people are being entitled brats on OTHER WEBSITES causes people to call me 'sad' and 'misanthropic'. No, I'm just saying these people have no control over what GameFreak does yet still expect them to do something other than planned. If last gen was any indication of the future we CAN'T anticipate what they're gonna do and I'm sorry that stating an honest opinion makes me a heartless, cruel person. What I was saying is everyone complains about genwunners but not these people who are extremely vocal (and angrier than I am at whoever thought it was OK to call me 'sad' and 'misanthropic', anonymity is NOT an excuse to be rude) and seemingly more numerous than they are. You should ask for clarification before you call people that and ESPECIALLY before you lash back so harshly at an opinion you don't like.

Last edited:
Sry if this is not the place to vent my anger but
What Grinds My Gears: SCAMMERS
I was desperately looking for Meloetta so I offered 4 legendaries for it...I traded them but did not get Meloetta... I got scammed out of 4 legendaries:(
They were Regirock Regice, Zapdos, and Moltres all good natures...I feel so stupid. Last time I trade multiple pokemon for 1. This happend on x and y a few minutes ago

TheGreaterLucario

Sry if this is not the place to vent my anger but
What Grinds My Gears: SCAMMERS
I was desperately looking for Meloetta so I offered 4 legendaries for it...I traded them but did not get Meloetta... I got scammed out of 4 legendaries:(
They were Regirock Regice, Zapdos, and Moltres all good natures...I feel so stupid. Last time I trade multiple pokemon for 1. This happend on x and y a few minutes ago

There's a thread in the trade forums to report it.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?618222-Trade-Forum-Blacklist

No use, it was in game, nobody from the forums, or at least I don't think it was.
But for the sake of staying on topic I will stop talking about it.

ebevan91

What grinds MY gears?

The overwhelming number of fans RABIDLY DEMANDING Hoenn remakes. I honestly hope GameFreak doesn't make them because so many fans have impossible expectations and will be disappointed even if they get their beloved RSE remakes.

Well now that's rather selfish, hoping that something the majority probably wants doesn't happen. Get over it. People want RSE remakes. Nobody would be forcing you to buy the games.

candycanecat

Lord of Bacon
I want them, it's just that it annoys me that people are demanding it like they deserve it, like it's a right, and they'll still have issues about it. THAT'S what irks me.

iReshiram

Dragon of Truth
I would have to agree. Many people would want R/S/E remakes, and I for one would like to see them, but many act like they deserve it. I wish people could be happy with what they get. "They probably will still have a problem with something even if the R/S/E remakes get made.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I disagree. I have not seen a lot of people "demanding" RSE remakes but I have seen people demanding more Pokémon AND a new region for this Gen.

Are there people who demand it like they have a right to it, yes I won't deny they exist just like the others. However, your statement was purely spiteful.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
How all eggs(aside the Manaphy egg) look exactly the same.
They could just make different colors for different types at least.
So that they looked a bit more like the anime where all eggs were unique.

Aero51XnT

Blackwing Trainer
When you play the Super Training stages after maxing out and don't get any evolution stones

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Battle Maison opponents getting critical hits simultaneously. Was at a streak of 16 (not that great) in Triples and all 3 of the opponent's Pokemon got critical hits on the first turn. Lost 2 Pokemon and the other one flinched from King's Rock (my Pumpkaboo Frisked the opponent's team). I can deal with opponents getting lucky on the first turn with flinches and the like but I was not dealing with that especially on the first turn. I just reset.

bailey.ga

When I'm playing League of Legends and someone claims you stole their kill, like it even matters.(Nothing to do with pokemon i know lol, but annoyed at it)
being swept by a blaziken/talonflame

Last edited:

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
Battle Maison opponents getting critical hits simultaneously. Was at a streak of 16 (not that great) in Triples and all 3 of the opponent's Pokemon got critical hits on the first turn. Lost 2 Pokemon and the other one flinched from King's Rock (my Pumpkaboo Frisked the opponent's team). I can deal with opponents getting lucky on the first turn with flinches and the like but I was not dealing with that especially on the first turn. I just reset.

I had something like that happen to me at the VGC regionals last weekend. The guy got a critical hit on both of my Pokémon on the first turn and knocked then both out before they could even do anything.