• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I just don't like the fact that Scizor has one. Its already powerful enough......

Agree with this, while I do enjoy using Mega Evolutions in-game I don't like how they handled the distribution of it. At least it made some things like Mawile, Ampharos and Medicham shine a bit more.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I don't like how Scyther has swords for hands, evolves into Scizor, and gets claw-like hands

Cooki

All the talking on mystery dungeon does my head in. It takes about 2 or 3 days to get into a dungeon, then a few minutes later after the dungeon theres just more talking :(((

The fact that shiny pokemon are so common. Flooding the trade centers to the point you can't even get a good trade unless you have a shiny legendary.

lol, I've played every single pokemon since red and blue (only the pokemon main line not the ranger and dungeon games) and put hundreds of hours into each one and I've never once seen a shiny pokemon in the wild. Thankfully I tend to find most shines awful looking so it's not that big a deal, cept for the trade thing.

grrrrrrr! lol

IdyllicCritic

Lady Luckless
When I use swagger in wifi battle and people quit.
What the hell...

Most people here follows Smogon rules, in which Swagger is an banned move. That person who quit is probably an member here or at Smogon.

Ajduk

Most people here follows Smogon rules, in which Swagger is an banned move. That person who quit is probably an member here or at Smogon.

Oh, idk that it was banned by Smogon.
I only play VGC. That explains a lot :)
And here I was thinking that swagger got secretly too op and that I was a fool for not noticing it xD

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Oh, idk that it was banned by Smogon.
I only play VGC. That explains a lot :)
And here I was thinking that swagger got secretly too op and that I was a fool for not noticing it xD

That's kinda the reason it got Banned.

On Klefki, especially, Thunder Wave+Swagger+Substitue+Foul Play basically means you can't get Damaged and you dish out tons in return.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
It wasn't just Klefki though. Swagger is a really gimmicky move in and of itself and far to much on luck. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, either way i'm glad it's gone.

Rio!

Composer
It wasn't just Klefki though. Swagger is a really gimmicky move in and of itself and far to much on luck. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, either way i'm glad it's gone.

Seriously, all this.
It's even funnier to me though when I switch in and use something that has Lum Berry so...they literally just gave me a free attack-boost before I even DD with Gyarados to start sweeping. Lol.

Meh, most shinies really don't even look all that great, so I can't always understand shiny this or that outside a handful or so.

Hm I hope with the next X/Y 'installment' that when people challenge you on PSS, the battle actually still counts as a loss if the other person disconnects from that match. It's disappointing how many of those sort of battles this actually ends up happening.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Hence why I said especially, it works on pretty much any Prankster mon, and most Pokémon with the above movepool are fast enough to ull it off without it either, anyway.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
What really irritates me is that Heliolisk, a pokemon that has solar power as its HA and is based off of solar panels, cannot use solarbeam!! So lame

Rio!

Composer
What really irritates me is that Heliolisk, a pokemon that has solar power as its HA and is based off of solar panels, cannot use solarbeam!! So lame

^ That was the first move I looked to add on to him once I came across a TM store, and was disappointed to learn he couldn't learn it. XD

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I don't like how Scyther has swords for hands, evolves into Scizor, and gets claw-like hands

I also want to point something out, Scyther doesn't have swords for hands. They are Scythes. To quote numerous different pokedex entries:

Yellow: "Leaps out of tall grass and slices prey with its scythes. The movement looks like that of a ninja."
Gold: "It slashes through grass with its sharp scythes, moving too fast for the human eye to track."
Ruby/Sapphire: "Scyther is blindingly fast. Its blazing speed enhances the effectiveness of the twin scythes on its forearms. This Pokémon's scythes are so effective, they can slice through thick logs in one wicked stroke."
Emerald: "Its blindingly fast speed adds to the sharpness of its twin forearm scythes. The scythes can slice through thick logs in one wicked stroke."
Fire Red: "It tears and shreds prey with its wickedly sharp scythes. It very rarely spreads its wings to fly."
Diamond/Pearl: "It is nearly impossible to parry its attacking scythes. Its movements are like a ninja's."

I think I made my point. It even has Scythe in his name, Scyther.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I hate it how Porygon can learn Tri-Attack but no fire moves outside of hidden power. Seriously, that's lame.

Being able to learn tri attack has nothing to do with the ability to learn fire-type moves.

Dodrio can learn tri attack as well. But it barely can learn any moves outside ones it can get STAB for.

Last edited:
I hate it how Porygon can learn Tri-Attack but no fire moves outside of hidden power. Seriously, that's lame.

I admit it is annoying being walled by Steels, but what about Porygon is conducive to learning Fire attacks...? Tri Attack doesn't mean that the Pokemon should get Fire attacks; you don't see Fire Blast Dodrios, Magnetons, and Dugtrios running around now, do you?

Now, Porygon-Z does deserve to get Focus Blast, but that's a whole other matter.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Being able to learn tri attack has nothing to do with the ability to learn fire-type moves.

Dodrio can learn tri attack as well. But it barely can learn any moves outside ones it can get STAB for.

But it doesn't have ice beam or thunderbolt doesn't it? Porygon has both of them. While other users of Tri attack don't.