• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Levitate. It's not a bad ability per se, but it's certainly a boring one, and 3/4 of the Pokémon who have it aren't weak to ground anyway.

So? Abilites that resist or makes a Pokémon immune to a type aren't always there to cover weaknesses.

Keep in mind that switching in is common. So if there is something like a ground type for example using earthquake the ability can come in handy.

But I kinda see what you mean when you call it "boring", but it still does what it's supposed to do.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The ability Cute Charm is just so stupid. It's so useless

>Cute Charm
>Useless
>Not Illuminate

lol

Infatuation is probably the most annoying Status in the entire Game, and if you want useless, go Illuminate. It makes Pokémon more common.

MachoCheeze

Uh-huh, honey
The unluckiness sometimes when it comes to Status Conditions.

I was playing Y last night and my Ambipom was Paralyzed 4 TIMES IN A ROW. 8| Another time my Blissey hit herself 7 times in a row with confusion on WiFi once.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
You know what else grinds my gears...people who call every none "lol sweep it" strategy a wuss or troll strategy.

Not even targeting your posts, you're just reminding me of stuff I hate.

Rio!

Composer
It's a wussy strategy to get more points. It's like using FunBro. It's trollish and a strategy for people who can't win any other way...

Yeah it's more like something to be flat out annoying and cause stall-wars. It 'grinds my gears' when battles last longer than about 5 minutes. :B
I actually find it just a bit aggravating that both Spikes AND Stealth Rock exist at the same time. XD

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
You know what else grinds my gears...people who call every none "lol sweep it" strategy a wuss or troll strategy.

Did I ever say that? No, I didn't thank you.

Do you use that strategy? Why are you so eager to defend it? It is a strategy that is simply 'trollish' and is for people who cannot win battles any other way.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
kids without imagination using tha same team of hacked pokemons copied straigth from PS...5 times in a row i went against the same dull combination of AV icepunch conkeldurr, scarf moxie pinsir,charizard y and of course twave slowbro +2 randoms...Abd 5 times in a row all this kids got outpredicted like hell and lost so bad 3 ragequited...I am never challenging nor accepting challenges from basic avatar players...Its just freaking sad.

What grinds my gears are people who will tell fandom related jokes and put "only true fans will get this".

BUT what is even annoying is that people will tell the "true fans" jokes and not even put something insightful that only true fans would get. For example:

"The only ship that I sail is the SS Anne. Only true fans will get this".

First off, you never actually sail on the SS Anne. It leaves without you.

Second of all, you only go on the SS Anne after the second badge. I'm not one for elitism or declaring whose a fan and who isn't, but in the event that I did, my qualifier would be a teensy bit higher than getting not even 20% into the game. The games have been out for nearly 20 years and have been remade in that time. If you are going to act like a super fan, at least use something that isn't common knowledge.

Rio!

Composer
What grinds my gears is the intro of mega pokemon! They are so broken since things like raichu and electivire get killed in one shot by them!

Side note; Electivire and Raichu would get OKO'd by any Pokemon powerful enough, especially if they set up because of weak defenses.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
6th time today Im against the same dammed quadcore of Conkeldurr,Pinsir,Charizard and Slowbro...
I know I shouldnt be puttin BV here but just look at what i had to put up 6 different times today...Even if i Ignore the 6 hacked shinny transferonlymoves stuff Im really disturbed at how unoriginal some kids are.

AM9W-WWWW-WWW7-W5EP

Whoever is making this famous in PS or RMT...Please stop.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
What grinds my gears is the intro of mega pokemon! They are so broken since things like raichu and electivire get killed in one shot by them!

Wait, you're blaming mega evolutions for the fact that Electivire and Raichu get knocked out easily.

That's a weak reason for hating Mega Evolutions because Raichu's and Electivire's defense and special defense stats are so low that regular Pokémon can beat them easily as well.

Put the blame on the fact that they have low defense and special defense, blaming mega evolutions for something they aren't responsible for is illogical.

Last edited:

tothewest88

Ugh...people who don't really "get" or understand how Trades work! When you "Show" a pokemon, you don't necessarily have to "Offer" it. Sometimes people accidentally "Offer" a pokemon up for trade when they really meant to just simply "Show" it, and then they get stuck with that pokemon offered because the other person doesn't get that they also have to 'offer' a pokemon for trade & then hit cancel in order to get both pokemon exited out of being offered. People too often just simply quit the trade when someone "offers" a pokemon they don't like/want.

Tangeh

I don't understand why people only send me requests to battle when I'm using an o-power. Do I get bumped to the top of the passerby list or something? Are people clicking me because my face is glowing and then see that my message is a request for battles? Like, I'll be more than happy to battle you in three minutes, but I didn't walk 4000 steps today so I'm gonna take advantage of the rest of the o-power first, thanks... I literally get at least two or three requests every time I use an o-power and only on occasion otherwise.

I also just flat out refuse trade requests from random people now. Whenever I accept they do one of three things:

a) do nothing and wait for me to offer something. When I offer a 5IV HA egg move jolly chimchar (I've been MMing them for a while so I have a bunch of rejects looking for homes), they go and show me their own chimchar to basically say "I already have this give me something else". Um. Okay. I'm just trying to be nice to you random-stranger-who-initiated-the-trade-request, just take what I'm offering please. -__- Or offer something first at least so I can gauge whether this song and dance is worth it, seriously.

b) they go on a spree of showing off all of their legendary pokemon and shiny pokemon. I have a box and a half of legends of my own and more than half a box of shinies. I don't know you. Great, I guess, but IDGAF and you're wasting both of our time.

c) they show me a few pokemon with nicknames that will spell out something like "looking for shiny genesect plz only offer that!!!!" ...why are you asking me. Go on the internet trade forums, that's what they're for.

Last edited: