• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

The Mustache

I was a fool once: I tried to evolve my feebas through GTS negociations. But my Milotic never returned lol. It worked one time but the second... It didn't :/ poor thing

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
It really bugs me how there's no communication when trading. People always put up random Pokemon expecting to get a certain Pokemon back but obviously you can't mind read so you're just sitting there awkwardly trying to do a trade. There needs to be some kind of pictochat draw feature at the bottom of the screen where you communicate with each other. They also got rid of the smiley faces from Gen 5 which makes it even harder to try and make a trade with a stranger.

shadowF

not being able to get the master ball in pokemon ruby because the magma hideout is blocked after I left. I never knew the master ball was in there until I went online.

Mudcat

It's been occasionally bugging me as well that there hasn't been any dark type gym for six generations now.
I'm surprised it didn't get it's own gym back in gen 2 back when it was a brand new type.

What gets me the most is that there was a Gym for Normal-types... Normal-types!!! How anyone can justify such a Gym and there still be no Dark-type Gyms is beyond me.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
It really bugs me how there's no communication when trading. People always put up random Pokemon expecting to get a certain Pokemon back but obviously you can't mind read so you're just sitting there awkwardly trying to do a trade. There needs to be some kind of pictochat draw feature at the bottom of the screen where you communicate with each other. They also got rid of the smiley faces from Gen 5 which makes it even harder to try and make a trade with a stranger.

The smilies make more sense...or if they have a list of pokemon names that you could post to the other person which would work as well...

The pictochat thing would OBVIOUSLY be a bad idea, because some people would like to show off their "art"

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
So many things could grind my gears in Pokemon...

-Lack of Dark gyms. But HEY GUYS, GUESS WHAT? FAIRY TYPE GYMS! Just...
-Licki...licky. Name and design. Really, GF? That's the best you could do? -_-
-Oshawott. It's still my favorite Unova starter, but I'm sorry Pokemon of America, what the hell is an Oshawott?!
-#HoennConfirmed and Trumpets. Yes, there were lots of trumpet-based tunes for RSE, but even I disregarded the trumpets...
-Hate for mono-Normal types, when they're one of the most versatile types around. Yes, their only key feature is Return STAB, but there's always a lot of other things to love about them.
-Kanto has a full set of Mega starters, and the only other starter to get a Mega is Blaziken. Thank you, GF...your lovely game of "playing favorites" says it all.

The Mustache

one thing.... WHY IS ASH SUCH A LOOOSER!!!!! I MEAN IF I WAS IN THE POKEMON WORLD I WOULD IMPROVE!!! NOT STAYING IN THE SAME LEVEL AS THE GENERATIONS PASS BY!!!! and why DO THEY MAKE CHARACTERS SO BORING!!!!!! AND SO SASSY!!!?????? that really puts me to my nerves. I used to love anime. Now I hate it man.....................

Rio!

Composer

I hope something about that is modified as well; it makes it extremely aggravating after a while, trying to figure out what they want.
Doesn't help either when people demand shinies and aren't specific. I've also given up trying to be decent and gift IV-bred pokemon anymore. :I

the fact i cant find my 3DS charger anywhere and have a sneaking suspicion my mother threw it out

The Mustache

I hope something about that is modified as well; it makes it extremely aggravating after a while, trying to figure out what they want.
Doesn't help either when people demand shinies and aren't specific. I've also given up trying to be decent and gift IV-bred pokemon anymore. :I

You can give nicknames with the words like "SHINIES?" and show the pokemon see if the other understants

When you spend hours EV training, when you realize you're not getting anything done when you don't realize that the Pokemon's EV total is already at 510...

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
You can give nicknames with the words like "SHINIES?" and show the pokemon see if the other understants

Yh but it still doesn't say what their IV's, if they have any egg moves, good nature etc.. Which you want to know before you trade a shiny to a stranger :/

thunder2910

Loves pizza
So many things could grind my gears in Pokemon...

-Lack of Dark gyms. But HEY GUYS, GUESS WHAT? FAIRY TYPE GYMS! Just...
-Licki...licky. Name and design. Really, GF? That's the best you could do? -_-
-Oshawott. It's still my favorite Unova starter, but I'm sorry Pokemon of America, what the hell is an Oshawott?!
-#HoennConfirmed and Trumpets. Yes, there were lots of trumpet-based tunes for RSE, but even I disregarded the trumpets...
-Hate for mono-Normal types, when they're one of the most versatile types around. Yes, their only key feature is Return STAB, but there's always a lot of other things to love about them.
-Kanto has a full set of Mega starters, and the only other starter to get a Mega is Blaziken. Thank you, GF...your lovely game of "playing favorites" says it all.

I'm hope they will give the rest two mega evos, perhaps blaziken was just a sneak peak?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
This is something that grinds my gears.

When you put two pokemon in the daycare like a 5iv Lucario with a 6iv Ditto, you end up with MOSTLY 3-4IV Pokemon

Rio!

Composer
That still isn't very specific though. X)

This is something that grinds my gears.

When you put two pokemon in the daycare like a 5iv Lucario with a 6iv Ditto, you end up with MOSTLY 3-4IV Pokemon

I hear ya; I've only managed to get one 6IV Goomy after going through about 200 eggs with 5IV and IV parents.
I have a similar problem with breeding for trick rom too. :I

I still find it kind of funny people are still complaining about the fact Kanto starters and Blaziken got a Mega Evo. Seriously, it's a first-time used mechanic in a Pokemon game, of course GF isn't going to just flood the Dex with a feature that is just released.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
People who refer to Pokemon by their Japanese names on English-speaking forums (excluding when the Pokemon has only been revealed in Japan and so has no known English name). It just creates unnecessary confusion because nobody knows which Pokemon you're talking about most of the time. Why talk about Ash's 'Tsutarja' when most people wouldn't know you mean 'Snivy'? I can see no practical reason for people to just use the Japanese names if they're not actually talking in Japanese or are from Japan themselves.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
People who refer to Pokemon by their Japanese names on English-speaking forums (excluding when the Pokemon has only been revealed in Japan and so has no known English name). It just creates unnecessary confusion because nobody knows which Pokemon you're talking about most of the time. Why talk about Ash's 'Tsutarja' when most people wouldn't know you mean 'Snivy'? I can see no practical reason for people to just use the Japanese names if they're not actually talking in Japanese or are from Japan themselves.

Well some people only ever watch the subs so they are used to the Japanese names

Firebrand

Indomitable
Well some people only ever watch the subs so they are used to the Japanese names

Yeah, but I see where Chibi Muffin is coming from. Like, even if they watch the subs, those people are also probably familiar with the games or merchandise, and that's all the English names. After the names have been localized, it becomes annoying when people insist on the Japanese names when most of the audience on an English forum is way more familiar with the English. It's easy to make allowances when a new gen has just come out and people are getting used to the names (although I'm thinking that with worldwide releases becoming a thing, this trend ended in Unova), but it's quite another when someone insists on calling Charizard Lizardon or Blastoise Kamex.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
One thing I find... odd on FF.net is that they have the names listed as English/Japanese in the Pokémon section, but no other video games do that. I think it might just be an anime and manga thing, but I've only seen it happen in one other section, and it literally only applied to one character... I guess that video game characters have their names changed a lot more than anime and manga ones. #BadlyWordedYes