• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Goomy6

Ace Trainer
Repetitive flinches. By far the most annoying thing in Pokémon. (For me) when one of my Pokémon flinches another multiple times it's fine, but when another Pokémon flinches mine multiple times in succession, it just bothers me. A wild Lotad in Ruby flinched my Mudkip 5 times in a row with astonish -_-

Folsom

Why? Well, wynaut?
I just feel sorry for the people who still think legends are rare. I used to own them all at the same time. Its so easy to get them. I just traded them for shinies but kept a few. Also qhen you put shiny for shiny but they offer random pokemon. Like. Read please?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Dunsparce being so small in PMD and in the animé. I seriously don't understand why they don't consult their own information after all this time.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
The fact that shinies are so common now. I really cringe at teams that are 100% shinies too. I kind of abstain from using them in an excessive way like some people do, with a few exceptions of course (Roserade, Amoonguss, Umbreon & Yanmega).

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
It annoys me that the diancie event is a store distribution...Seriously i knew it was going to be that way but it is really crushing to see it being handled this way.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
One final thing that grinds my gears:

Pokemon Showdown. Some people are so mean on that thing. It ruins the experience.

BmanP1

Krookodile hunter
One final thing that grinds my gears:

Pokemon Showdown. Some people are so mean on that thing. It ruins the experience.
I never get to interact with anyone. During a battle I'll try and talk to my opponent but it seems they're all mindless robots who just say "gg" after every game and leave. I would love for someone to be mean at this rate, it'd be better than the nothing I've been getting. The chat rooms are a whole different story though, and people are definitely mean there.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
It annoys me that the diancie event is a store distribution...Seriously i knew it was going to be that way but it is really crushing to see it being handled this way.

I can't agree with this more! I lost out on the Celebi bonus storyline in HGSS because I completely forgot to go get it from GameStop!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I can't agree with this more! I lost out on the Celebi bonus storyline in HGSS because I completely forgot to go get it from GameStop!

I want a 6iv rash badly and even if i cant find someone willing to trade i said to myself, welp its skymin and keldeo again gotta spend 5 weeks SR or 1 hour RNGing(shaymin) to get him rigth...But nope store fistribution just killed all my hopes of softreseting my own Diancie...I died a but inside.

BmanP1

Krookodile hunter
I want a 6iv rash badly and even if i cant find someone willing to trade i said to myself, welp its skymin and keldeo again gotta spend 5 weeks SR or 1 hour RNGing(shaymin) to get him rigth...But nope store fistribution just killed all my hopes of softreseting my own Diancie...I died a but inside.

Soft resetting for 6iv's would've been EXTREMELY futile anyway. Due to the way IV's are calculated the chances of getting a 6IV diancie would be second to none (assuming the event isn't IV locked, which it likely is not). Chances of getting 6IV's AND the nature you want? Forget about it. The only way you could get a 6IV rash diancie is if it's hacked (I believe powersaves has IV codes for X now) but then it's not legitimate and in the eyes of many loses value. Event mons are cool and all, but since they often lack the IVs they need and that causes many legitimate event pokemon to be far less viable. Events are generally only cool in that they release a new pokemon officially (so you can obtain illegitimate versions of said mon, provided you couldn't before) and sometimes give pokemon new moves (shadow force Arceus, shift gear/extremespeed/blaze kick Genesect.) legit event mons are dumb.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Soft resetting for 6iv's would've been EXTREMELY futile anyway. Due to the way IV's are calculated the chances of getting a 6IV diancie would be second to none (assuming the event isn't IV locked, which it likely is not). Chances of getting 6IV's AND the nature you want? Forget about it. The only way you could get a 6IV rash diancie is if it's hacked (I believe powersaves has IV codes for X now) but then it's not legitimate and in the eyes of many loses value. Event mons are cool and all, but since they often lack the IVs they need and that causes many legitimate event pokemon to be far less viable. Events are generally only cool in that they release a new pokemon officially (so you can obtain illegitimate versions of said mon, provided you couldn't before) and sometimes give pokemon new moves (shadow force Arceus, shift gear/extremespeed/blaze kick Genesect.) legit event mons are dumb.
Welp i managed to get my 4iv Timid hp ghost keldeo out of soft resets(i soft resetedd 2 5ivs quiet and 1 6iv lax) so it is viable and doable with patience.

At this point i dont care if it is hacked if i cant soft reset it myself. I know it is low but Nintendo isnt going to give me any chance otherwise...Its now just a waiting game till i find someone willing to that wont ask for impossible stuff trough normal gameplay or legit stuff that was never distributed in my country nor ill ever get a chance to get due to other people asking for the same trade standards. I dont blame them tough they want to keep their best interests.

Regardless its still soul crushing and demotivating.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
I never get to interact with anyone. During a battle I'll try and talk to my opponent but it seems they're all mindless robots who just say "gg" after every game and leave. I would love for someone to be mean at this rate, it'd be better than the nothing I've been getting. The chat rooms are a whole different story though, and people are definitely mean there.
I wish that happened to me. I love it when that happens. But, I always get the short end of the stick, such as,
"Hahaha! You lost m*****f*****!"

Geez, why did I ever do to you?

EDIT: Just now, this person was, "I'm the best. You're the worst. I broke the game in my favor!" I mean come on. PP Stall should be illegal.

Last edited:

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
When you keep going back to a Hidden Grotto to find a Venonat or Bagon but instead find A) nothing or B) an item.

That is annoying, but to be fair you can always find something in a Hidden Grotto. If you don't see anything then check where there would normally be an item/Pokemon and there should be a berry or something iirc.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I wish that happened to me. I love it when that happens. But, I always get the short end of the stick, such as,
"Hahaha! You lost m*****f*****!"

Geez, why did I ever do to you?

EDIT: Just now, this person was, "I'm the best. You're the worst. I broke the game in my favor!" I mean come on. PP Stall should be illegal.

You must get matched up against some really rude people. And no offense to anyone out there but the really rude people are the ones that tend to be lower on the ladder. I've played plenty in my time and I haven't meat many rude people, and those kinds of people are just trolls trying to get a reaction. Really you don't need to pay them any mind. Those are the bad apples of the community. The majority on Showdown users are generally nice people and just want to battle.

Also if it's coming down to PP stalling and you know your going to loose the best option is to just be the better man and forfeit. No matter that anyone tells you the strongest people know when to concede defeat. Yeah it's a cheep and really dirty tactic but your playing in a competitive environment where the goal is to win and people will do anything to win. It's stupid but it's a totally viable tactic. I myself wouldn't use it but I know a lot of people who run stall teams have that ability.

Speaking of Showdown I really should try out PU now that it's up.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
You must get matched up against some really rude people. And no offense to anyone out there but the really rude people are the ones that tend to be lower on the ladder. I've played plenty in my time and I haven't meat many rude people, and those kinds of people are just trolls trying to get a reaction. Really you don't need to pay them any mind. Those are the bad apples of the community. The majority on Showdown users are generally nice people and just want to battle.

Also if it's coming down to PP stalling and you know your going to loose the best option is to just be the better man and forfeit. No matter that anyone tells you the strongest people know when to concede defeat. Yeah it's a cheep and really dirty tactic but your playing in a competitive environment where the goal is to win and people will do anything to win. It's stupid but it's a totally viable tactic. I myself wouldn't use it but I know a lot of people who run stall teams have that ability.
I think I just have really bad luck. I've been on for about 2 months and about 75% of them are really rude. :(

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I think I just have really bad luck. I've been on for about 2 months and about 75% of them are really rude. :(
Honestly the only time i look at the chat is to type WP...I guess im one if those mindless bots.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I hate it when you have a one use item on your Pokemon and then once it's gone you totally forget it's only one use. Like the Air Balloon. I never knew that was once use only so I wasted 45 BP on that.

XXD17

Draco rex
Repetitive flinches. By far the most annoying thing in Pokémon. (For me) when one of my Pokémon flinches another multiple times it's fine, but when another Pokémon flinches mine multiple times in succession, it just bothers me. A wild Lotad in Ruby flinched my Mudkip 5 times in a row with astonish -_-

Oh you have yet to see flinch lol. Togekiss, jirachi, dunsparce, and skymin all take extreme pride in this tactic in their respective tiers...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Oh you have yet to see flinch lol. Togekiss, jirachi, dunsparce, and skymin all take extreme pride in this tactic in their respective tiers...

My scarf excadrill flinched a guy 8 times in a row...Yep thats flinching.