• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Not being able to use Mega Glalie in the future in XY is grindin' my gears. Fingers crossed the fan outcry will change this.

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
It grinds my gears when people brag about their 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid Protean Greninja. Congrats, your Greninja is now weaker than mine against Foul Play and Confusion. Good job there, Skippy.

blob

It grinds my gears when people brag about their 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid Protean Greninja. Congrats, your Greninja is now weaker than mine against Foul Play and Confusion. Good job there, Skippy.

You forgot to mention Shiny.

And yeah, my badly EV trained Klefki one-shotted a Protein Greninja.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

If ypu arent naive why the hell do you want atk points? Itcost me 3 days to get 5ivs and 0 on atk...Si fullfilling i must say :3

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
Something that realy grinds my gears is that in the Friend Safari tread and the HA trading tread, it's always the same 5-6 people copy-pasting their message over'n'over'n'over'n'over again, a race to be the first on each page every day. So absurd...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Something that realy grinds my gears is that in the Friend Safari tread and the HA trading tread, it's always the same 5-6 people copy-pasting their message over'n'over'n'over'n'over again, a race to be the first on each page every day. So absurd...

I never noticed that thing...It is rather hillarious.

Ice Lock

Hello!
A minor thing that grinds my gears is that you can't encounter hordes of pokemon while it's raining, it's really annoying when you are trying to get pokemon with hidden abilities.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I've been playing a lot of Battle Spot recently, and I've seen some... questionable things. (These aren't all from the same battle.)

> Has Arcanine out
> Switches out Arcanine for Galvantula
> Opponent uses Fire-type move, which was intended to hit resistant Arcanine

> Has Togekiss out
> Salamance uses Dragon Claw
> "It doesn't affect Togekiss..."
> Switches out Togekiss for something that takes neutral from Dragon
> Salamance uses Dragon Claw again, which was intended to hit Immune Togekiss

> Opponent uses Bug-type move against Togekiss.

I also came across someone who went on Battle Spot with his single-player team around level 30, and I completely sweeped him. I actually feel sorry for him...

When I find a Pokemon in GTS but I don't have a Pokemon that the traders want.

Kumiho

Blasian
Constant critical hits and flinching grinds my gears to no end. I seem to have the worst luck, especially in areas in the game where it's slightly tedious and annoying to get through.

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
I've been playing a lot of Battle Spot recently, and I've seen some... questionable things. (These aren't all from the same battle.)

> Has Arcanine out

> Has Togekiss out

Wait, so those were human players? Using computer-like prediction skills? Questionable indeed...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

> Has Arcanine out

> Has Togekiss out

I also came across someone who went on Battle Spot with his single-player team around level 30, and I completely sweeped him. I actually feel sorry for him...

They where probably predicting you to switch, I have used greninja hydropump on rotom w since i knew he wouldnt voltswutching on my excadril and he had a scarf magnezone, a rather eouc win when hpump hit his incoming magnezone.

I have often feigned a diuble switch by using fireblast on a predicted switch while heatran was still in the field, I would have liiked like a scrub if he didt switch tough.

But thats talking a lot about double switching, as a chansey player those are quite common, so sometimes staying in an attacking rigth of the bat would outrigth destroy stuff aimed to predict your incoming chansey. It doesnt work all the time tough.

Last edited:

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
If ypu arent naive why the hell do you want atk points? Itcost me 3 days to get 5ivs and 0 on atk...Si fullfilling i must say :3

Haven't it occurred to you that some folks (Like me) WANT attack? Sheesh!

-

Another thing that grinds my gears? How about not being able to migrate Mega-Pokemon from XY to Ruby/Sapphire and vice versa...

Also, when you spend a huge deal of time and effort into raising a pokemon only for it you fail you in battle...

Last edited:
When you encounter a horde of Sevipers with one Zangoose and you want the Zangoose but all the Sevipers attack Zangoose and KO it before you can throw a Pokeball at it.

^So annoying!

I know in that world they're rivals with each other, but really GF? You had to make them attack each other before we have the chance to catch them?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Haven't it occurred to you that some folks (Like me) WANT attack? Sheesh!

-

Another thing that grinds my gears? How about not being able to migrate Mega-Pokemon from XY to Ruby/Sapphire and vice versa...

Also, when you spend a huge deal of time and effort into raising a pokemon only for it you fail you in battle...

With a timid nature u turning is rather sad, 0 attack timid also takes less damage from confusion and foulplays, wich can come handy.

With a timid nature u turning is rather sad, 0 attack timid also takes less damage from confusion and foulplays, wich can come handy.

And yet there is still an application for 31 Atk, just as there is an application for 0 Atk. Stop whining about other peoples preferences, or specific reasoning.