• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

blob

I did experience this in my X playthrough, but it was the polar opposite for OR. I was at least 2 levels behind an admin or leader's Pokemon with my strongest throughout the majority of my playthrough.

All of my Pokémon gain boosts because of Contests or because they were from another game. I have 7 Pokémon I rotate through, yet most end up over leveled.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
The whole "too much water" meme.

That's because IGN rated ORAS 7.8/10 and one of the reasons they cited was 'too much water'. I think they deserve to hear that for the rest of their lives :p

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I think most people who chose waterfall over aqua tail do it because of the higher accuracy. -10BP for 100% accuracy is a good trade off. 20% flinch is definitely a nice bonus, but it's not game-changing and not a reason I'd use it over aqua tail unless my pokemon had serene grace or something. (That being said I also use aqua tail on azumarill... nothing annoys me more than a pokemon hanging on in the red because I opted for accuracy over base power >___> but that's just me). Also, waterfall is 80BP and psycho cut is only 70BP (and has limited distribution), which is why zen headbutt tends to get more usage despite lower accuracy. But some people prefer psycho cut due to reliability and critical hit chance which can make up for the BP if you're lucky.

Also another factor on aqua tail is that the most prominent users of the move can't afford to miss or have a way of boosting themselves with somewhat decent coverage, in the example of gyarados a +1 waterfall keeps the coveted 2hkos on waterfall with both Jolly and adamant, having only a 5% chance of 2hkoing a resistant pokemon with crunch after Sr and aquatic on the switch when mega evolved. And at +2 all the 3hko become flat 2hko sand lefties and no Sr making aquatail irrelevant. Azumarril can't afford to miss on any set and aquatail can't score any notable benchmark even when making 4hko 3hko.

It does work as a coverage move on some pokemon, if I recall several pokemon benefited from it in being able to punish spdef ttar and Rypherior on the switch in with it as a coverage move and being able to hit airbag long heatran that laughed on their faces.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'm somewhat bothered by the fact that there are only five active threads in this forum,. and there's very little to actually 'discuss' in any of them.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I'm somewhat bothered by the fact that there are only five active threads in this forum,. and there's very little to actually 'discuss' in any of them.

Just wrote my mind!

NotABeginningTrainer

And then there's the fact that none of the major ones were started in the last few years. The only new one is the jokes thread that is barely hanging on.

DarthVader

What's stopping you from keep on playing the previous game? Just beacuse a new Pokémon game is out doesn't mean you have to buy it even if you are a Pokémon fan.

It's because I'm a huge fan of the Pokemon games, so I "have" to buy every new game..

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!

Well, it might help if every new one wasn't always deleted on the spot! That's a pattern that i've seen much too often...

Another Gear-grinding thing? It always bugged me how expensive the Stat-boosting vitamins were...Yeah, I know there is the Bargain O-Power and other means to get them, but still...

Last edited:

Pika Pika333

Impulsive Trainer
The bane of everyone and anyone's existence: Confusion only applies to you. You use it on anyone else, they never hit themselves in confusion! Or even worse... THEY SNAP OUT OF CONFUSION THE VERY NEXT STINKIN' TURN!! *Screams and flips a table*

Miyue

The bane of everyone and anyone's existence: Confusion only applies to you. You use it on anyone else, they never hit themselves in confusion! Or even worse... THEY SNAP OUT OF CONFUSION THE VERY NEXT STINKIN' TURN!! *Screams and flips a table*
Confuse the opponent's Pokémon? They'll never hit themselves. Your Pokémon gets confused? You'll spend every turn smacking yourself.

Ascended Dialga

What grinds my gears:

- The Sturdy ability
- Chatot's capture rate of 30
- There's no Battle Frontier in ORAS
- Zangoose can't learn Cut, but Diglett can
- Tropius doesn't have a Mega Evolution
- Focus Blast misses most of the time when I use it, and it always hits when my opponent uses it

You know what really grinds my gears? When you're about to defeat a Gym leader's strongest Pokemon, and the Gym leader uses a Hyper Potion/Full Restore

This. DEFINITELY this. Nothing bothers me much in the games apart from this..
In the TV series however, after watching every episode since I was a kid- I can honestly say the one thing that annoys me, is Ash! Man he annoys me sometimes XD However he is awesome with his Pokemon :3
Brock all the way <3 :3

trunks40

Up-and-coming Champ
What gets me is when you are spamming Ultra/Dusk/Timer Balls at that one legendary that seems to have a 1/2348 catch rate that is in the red AND asleep... and then you run out of pokeballs

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
people who keep suggesting generation 1 or 2 remakes on the 3DS really bother me. nothing personal, but Gen. 1 and 2 already have remakes. i know you wish to relive the glory days & nostalgia in 3D, but let the Gen 3 and 4 players have a chance. to be honest, i preferred hoenn and sinnoh to kanto and johto anyhow. i always thought that they had more varied landscapes and more unique pokemon then kanto and johto. dont get me wrong, i understand that the the first two gens pioneered pokemon as a game series, and for that i am very thankful, but i feel as if Gen 3 and 4 have been somewhat maligned by the community.