• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
This page explains it simply. Like Greedy Chibi said the damage has been decreased, though the increased critical hit ratio is only seen when you raise your hit ratio; the baseline is still the same as always.

Regardless, critical hits were definitely not more common prior to Gen VI.

I perfectly understand that, but the move Roserade used, Magcial Leaf, is not one of the moves with an increased crit rate. I was probably just unlucky. Oh well, I was mistaken.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Was it supposed to be Elesa?

I wanted a name that sounded like Electric, so the original name was Elesa, but then I'm like nah too similar to the Gym chick so let's pick something else, and thus it became Elsa. I wasn't even thinking about Frozen at the time, but yeah... that's it. 'Twould've been cool if she had HP Ice, but she has HP Dragon.

Now on Topic- When people give their Pokemon inappropriate Nicknames. Yes, sometimes it's funny, but naming something a curse word, putting it up on GTS requesting a level 1-10 Reshiram is not okay. I also hate people who think nicknaming Pokemon is stupid and noobish.

And one thing I hate even more... this ******* autocorrect on the forums!!!!1

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Here's what REALLY grinds my gears.

When you finally get the shiny Bullet Punch Riolu.
You put it in the Daycare for a while.
It forgets Bullet Punch.
Move Remember has amnesia.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This may be a senseless gripe, but it really bothers me how players are making their bases to be gyms, but they have no gym music.

Even at the Bronze rank or higher, there is no gym music playing. In some cases, there isn't even a jukebox. If I am going to challenge a gym, I would like to have a full experience, not simply a battle.

Personally, if there is no gym music, I do not consider it a gym.

starrybluecat

The fact that I foolishly reset my game by accident after 6383 SRs at a shiny Raikou in OR....

#How2accidentlyresetpokemon

On the pss, the things people put are ridiculous

Auslove: I think its an australian band crush or something, I dunno, but its sad

I murder Pokemon (the worst one I think so far)

Legends for trade (after I put no legends wanted, same with not wanting regular Pokemon I can get off the gts)

When people want to add my fc but I have oras, so I can't go in the friend safari, so there's no point

When little kids ask for a boyfriend or girlfriend

Last edited:

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
What grinds my gears?

Getting the same Pokemon over and over again in Wonder Trade. Even if you put up something pretty decent, you're bound to get first route Pokemon. Also, getting Pokemon with inappropriate nicknames.

Ryuken

Steel User
What really annoys me is when you are asking for UU/Lower tier battles on the PSS, and some jerk appears with 999-stat pokemon.
Far as I knew this was supposed to be patched long ago, and now people apparently found a way to bring badly hacked pokemon back.
Absolutely disgusting.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
What really annoys me is when you are asking for UU/Lower tier battles on the PSS, and some jerk appears with 999-stat pokemon.
Far as I knew this was supposed to be patched long ago, and now people apparently found a way to bring badly hacked pokemon back.
Absolutely disgusting.

These people are the reason I've disabled PSS communication with anyone that isn't on my friends list. Can't stand people using hacks.

It's sickening that some people feel they have to cheat just to win at a Pokemon game. It's a freaking game, doesn't matter whether you win or lose. There's no excuse for it either, especially since IV breeding is easier than ever in Gen6. I never use hacked Pokemon, I never have used hacked Pokemon and I never will use hacked Pokemon. They may make it easier to win but I'd feel awful using them at all, even if I did end up losing. If someone trades me a hack I release it as soon as I'm certain it's a hack. Means there's one less going around.

To me, hackers are always the losers even if they defeat their opponents. If they don't play fairly then they don't deserve to win. Simple as that.

Rio!

Composer
Absolutely disgusting.

What's equally funny though is that 99% of the time, the other player does it just to show off since half the time, they can't use the pokemon in a reasonable manner anyway so it's 10x funnier when I win. :p
Personally I don't have an issue that 'edit' their pokemon, even if it's so horribly obvious. If that floats their boat, then whatever. Seems like it would make the game pretty darn dull though.

People who box themselves in in their secret base so that you can't interract with them are such jerks. Almost as bad as people who build a wall between you and the flag so that you have to add them as a pal to access it.
A few days ago I entered a long base filled completely with square-one mats and yellow spin mats, then when I reached the end I found that the trainer was blocked in behind a desk and his pals, he was such a Magmars forehead.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
People who box themselves in in their secret base so that you can't interract with them are such jerks. Almost as bad as people who build a wall between you and the flag so that you have to add them as a pal to access it.
A few days ago I entered a long base filled completely with square-one mats and yellow spin mats, then when I reached the end I found that the trainer was blocked in behind a desk and his pals, he was such a Magmars forehead.

That actually sounds like one hell of a gym, without the blocking, of course.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Mythical Pokémon AKA Event Pokémon

These things are the bane of my existence. Usually, the events are never done over here or are a pain to get. What's worse is that some countries can't get them at all, meaning for them it's almost impossible to truly complete the Pokédex. I've always wanted to complete the national dex, but I've never been able to because of these things. Yes, I know they're technically not required but those missing spots would still annoy me.

And another thing...

It's even extremely difficult to use them. Unless you play Smogon rules or free battles, they're banned from practically everything. What's sad is that most of them aren't even overpowered, so what's the point? By the time you get them, you've most likely done everything in the game anyway and have no use for them. Makes me sad.

End rant.

Rio!

Composer
Mythical Pokémon AKA Event Pokémon

And another thing...

It's even extremely difficult to use them. Unless you play Smogon rules or free battles, they're banned from practically everything. What's sad is that most of them aren't even overpowered, so what's the point? By the time you get them, you've most likely done everything in the game anyway and have no use for them. Makes me sad.

End rant.

I agree, I really don't understand Nintendo/GF's logic with always banning the mythical/event Pokemon when the likes of Entei/Suicune/Raikou are allowed.

HM02gon

Waiting...
I agree, I really don't understand Nintendo/GF's logic with always banning the mythical/event Pokemon when the likes of Entei/Suicune/Raikou are allowed.

Yeah these things have the same BST as the pseudo-legends and many of the trio-legends(save Arceus). I think the problem is that most of them have some sort of signature move that makes them extremely OP (cough V-Create cough)

Or it's just that they're impossible to get unless you live in Japan. Seriously why does Japan get all the good stuff? I know they're the home country but come on. Players like myself in the US would enjoy having those blank stops filled in my dex.

Rio!

Composer
Yeah these things have the same BST as the pseudo-legends and many of the trio-legends(save Arceus). I think the problem is that most of them have some sort of signature move that makes them extremely OP (cough V-Create cough)

Or it's just that they're impossible to get unless you live in Japan. Seriously why does Japan get all the good stuff? I know they're the home country but come on. Players like myself in the US would enjoy having those blank stops filled in my dex.

Yeah I'd understand Arceus of course since quite frankly he's got mascot-level BST. V-Create is indeed a hard-core move, but it still at least has its drawbacks.
Just like in this Generation Showdown, why can't the events just be used? I mean come on, Primal/Mega-Rayquaza are going to be in, but I wouldn't be able to bring in Shaymin?

MrConfusedTurkey

Nick naming a good Pokemon something awful, then throwing it into wonder trade. Really bothers me GF won't get rid of the ~nick naming sentimentality~ nonsense. I don't want someone else's nickname -.-