• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In OR, Numel constantly look like shinies to me, because the green looks like a pale blue, and their "yellow" looks closer to
Whitish. I don't get why they made most of the colors bland and dull :/

To be honest, Parasect's mushroom is as pale as what it looks like in its Sugimori art and it's not as saturated compared to its previous Gen sprites. It really irks me though.

Nockturne

Oh yeah I forgot about PBR. The models in PBR are probably part of the reason I was so disappointed with Gen 6, it was the 3D Pokemon game and it was so glossy and vibrant. So I guess I was expecting something similar.

I am glad others have a problem with it, I've not really seen it mentioned (I haven't really been looking though) so I was starting to wonder if I was being irrational.

M.P.

Retired
Double Slap's name. It can hit more than twice, why on earth it's called Double Slap?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How certain Powder and Herb items reduce Freindship when used on a particular Pokémon.

KillerDraco

How certain Powder and Herb items reduce Freindship when used on a particular Pokémon.

That's the entire point, though. They're less expensive than their standard counterpart, and since you can't buy max revives, Revival Herbs are the only purchasable revival items that restore full HP. Lowering friendship is the tradeoff for such, and they let you know this before you even buy them.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's the entire point, though. They're less expensive than their standard counterpart, and since you can't buy max revives, Revival Herbs are the only purchasable revival items that restore full HP. Lowering friendship is the tradeoff for such, and they let you know this before you even buy them.

I know that they're cheaper because such items lower Friendship, just a cheap way to obtain a more beneficial effect. It still annoys me to this day that Max Revives can't be purchased anywhere, so I only have to depend on Pickup.

Creyk

I know that they're cheaper because such items lower Friendship, just a cheap way to obtain a more beneficial effect. It still annoys me to this day that Max Revives can't be purchased anywhere, so I only have to depend on Pickup.

It's not like you need them....if you are a good trainer your pokemon never faint.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
The fact that Gamefreak are reluctant to make use of their Pokemon Amiibos outside the Pokemon franchise...smh.

Tsunami16

When you're trying to capture a wild Growlithe early in Crystal, but it keeps Roaring you away because your Gastly can't land Hypnosis to save its life.

phanpycross

God-king
Am I the only one who thinks eviolite is a stupid concept?

"Lets make evolutions reduntant in a franchise where watching your pokemon grow is one of the main draws." Doesnt help either that it means we will prolly never get stuff like a proper evolution to guys like torkoal.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Seriously, how you can only fully explore Route 123 of Hoenn in one direction really annoys me. Like the opposite direction gets blocked by ledges.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan

There is a good reason why you can't buy max revives. If you could do that, just think of how easy something like the elite four would be.

Being able to buy max revives would remove all the challenge as your Pokémon will be back to normal the very next turn.

The fact that Gamefreak are reluctant to make use of their Pokemon Amiibos outside the Pokemon franchise...smh.

I would maybe consider (very big 'maybe') investing in Amiibo if Gamefreak did decide to do this with the games in the future.

Also, I agree with Hoenn route 123. It is annoying to get through, especially if your trying to find every item, hidden or visible. It's tedious to always have to go back to the beginning when you go the wrong way or somewhere you've been already.