• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

ebevan91

Speaking of themes, Gen VI was a disappointment musically after Gen V.

The gym leader battle disappoints me the most. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it just doesn't feel like it fits a gym leader battle.

Hopefully they'll improve the soundtrack with "Z" like they did for BW2.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Korrina and Viola were the only Gym Leaders that the Kalos Gym theme that seemed to be a perfect fit for. Korrina because she uses skates and the tempo matched derby races and Viola because it the theme sounds like the TMZ theme in a way.

WitchRolina

Fulminous Witch
The gym leader battle disappoints me the most. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it just doesn't feel like it fits a gym leader battle.

Hopefully they'll improve the soundtrack with "Z" like they did for BW2.

Gods, yes. Especially considering how freaking good the gym battle music was in Gen V... Heck, I'd argue Gen VI's got the worst gym battle music of all the gens.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
When someone says the story of X and Y is better than Black and White. Huh just huh?

ebevan91

When someone says the story of X and Y is better than Black and White. Huh just huh?

I didn't like Black and White at all really but the story was definitely better than X and Y's.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It grinds my gears when people want Ash's Charizard to show up again. I get that it is popular and his second strongest but it has had enough appearances. It also grinds my gears that people want it back just to mega evolve. Why can't we have a region or two without the reappearance of Charizard? I don't see why we have to have it appear every region Ash goes to.

The low number of new moves introduced in Gen VI.

- 0 new Dragon moves
- 1 new Fire move...that only 2 Pokémon can learn
- 1 new Psychic move...that only 1 Mythical can learn
- 1 new Rock move...that only 1 Mythical can learn
- 1 new Steel move...that only 1 Pokémon can learn
- 2 new Flying moves...that only 2 Legendaries can learn
- 3 new Water moves...2 exclusive to a Legendary or Mythical, 3rd exclusive to a starter

I won't go through all 18 types, but you get the picture. I think this actually bothers me more than the low number of new Pokémon. With Pokémon, at least we got Megas in addition to the 72...which I know aren't the same as brand-new species or evolutions, but you still have to design them, plan out their stats, their ability, their types (if they change.) I would imagine that coming up with new moves is less complicated, and there's still several types that could really use a better variety of Physical and/or Special move options.

ebevan91

I'm still disappointed that Xerneas didn't get Play Rough. Deer can play rough and Xerneas can be a great physical attacker too.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm still disappointed that Xerneas didn't get Play Rough. Deer can play rough and Xerneas can be a great physical attacker too.

This. Also the fact that Play Rough is the ONLY physical Fairy Type move is really annoying. If it had 100% accuracy fine, but seeing as it always seems to miss for me at the most crucial of moments resulting in me losing again, I really don't like using it. I know Fairy Types were introduced this generation so there will obviously not be that many of them but they could at least have given us one more physical one.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

There are a few more things that grind my gears.

1. It grinds my gears that after more than 5 years, there are still people who are blindly hating gen 5 just because of the pokemon from that generation. People are very stupid these days. How many more years will it take for these people to stop being stupid and for gen 5 for getting more love, the love it deserves.

2. It also grinds my gears that people are praising the older Pokemon without praising the newer ones. Sure, I know those pokemon were part of your childhood and they were also good too, but the newer ones are just as good as the older ones and there are little kids today that like these Pokemon. Give the newer Pokemon a chance.

3. Another thing that grinds my gears is that some people dump their starter Pokemon the moment they reach a pokemon center just because they think it is ugly or is bad in battle, especially the gen 5 starters and I don't think they are ugly or bad at all, even before their hidden abilities came out. Seriously, the starter is your first pokemon and I think it should be in your teams all the time. I am not making anyone do it, but still, it's your starter.

4. This one and #1 might be the same thing, but one more thing that grinds my gears, is that many people hate Pokemon Black and White just because of the pokemon, which is a very stupid reason to hate it, and what is worse is that they think people who like the game and those pokemon are mentality retarded. They are the ones who are mentality retarded for saying that. This is exactly why genwunners exist and why we always have all these flame wars between the pokemon gens.

I just hope that in the future, all this will stop, and that every pokemon fan will accept each other for the different pokemon and Pokemon games and gens they like. They need to realize that this kind of fighting is unnecessary and that they fans of the older Pokemon and Pokemon games need to realize that the newer ones are just as good, if not better than the older ones.

I am sorry if I or anyone else already said these things in this topic or if I offended anyone with this, but it is the truth. You can disagree with what I say, but if anyone tries to insult me, tries to call me stupid or start an argument with me just because of what I said here, you will fail.

Last edited:

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
The low number of new moves introduced in Gen VI.

- 0 new Dragon moves
- 1 new Fire move...that only 2 Pokémon can learn
- 1 new Psychic move...that only 1 Mythical can learn
- 1 new Rock move...that only 1 Mythical can learn
- 1 new Steel move...that only 1 Pokémon can learn
- 2 new Flying moves...that only 2 Legendaries can learn
- 3 new Water moves...2 exclusive to a Legendary or Mythical, 3rd exclusive to a starter

I won't go through all 18 types, but you get the picture. I think this actually bothers me more than the low number of new Pokémon. With Pokémon, at least we got Megas in addition to the 72...which I know aren't the same as brand-new species or evolutions, but you still have to design them, plan out their stats, their ability, their types (if they change.) I would imagine that coming up with new moves is less complicated, and there's still several types that could really use a better variety of Physical and/or Special move options.

I'd say designing new moves would be rather difficult. Considering they have to plan the animation for them, the power, all the maths that make them determine whether they miss or not, whether they leave a static condition, then have to plan through all the types that that move is strong against, whether it be 2x,4x or anything or weak against with .5x and .25x. But I agree, definitely should have been more moves

ebevan91

1. It grinds my gears that after more than 5 years, there are still people who are blindly hating gen 5 just because of the pokemon from that generation. People are very stupid these days. How many more years will it take for these people to stop being stupid and for gen 5 for getting more love, the love it deserves.

2. It also grinds my gears that people are praising the older Pokemon without praising the newer ones. Sure, I know those pokemon were part of your childhood and they were also good too, but the newer ones are just as good as the older ones and there are little kids today that like these Pokemon. Give the newer Pokemon a chance.

3. Another thing that grinds my gears is that some people dump their starter Pokemon the moment they reach a pokemon center just because they think it is ugly or is bad in battle, especially the gen 5 starters and I don't think they are ugly or bad at all, even before their hidden abilities came out. Seriously, the starter is your first pokemon and I think it should be in your teams all the time. I am not making anyone do it, but still, it's your starter.

4. This one and #1 might be the same thing, but one more thing that grinds my gears, is that many people hate Pokemon Black and White just because of the pokemon, which is a very stupid reason to hate it, and what is worse is that they think people who like the game and those pokemon are mentality retarded. They are the ones who are mentality retarded for saying that. This is exactly why genwunners exist and why we always have all these flame wars between the pokemon gens.

I just hope that in the future, all this will stop, and that every pokemon fan will accept each other for the different pokemon and Pokemon games and gens they like. They need to realize that this kind of fighting is unnecessary and that they fans of the older Pokemon and Pokemon games need to realize that the newer ones are just as good, if not better than the older ones.

I am sorry if I or anyone else already said these things in this topic or if I offended anyone with this, but it is the truth. You can disagree with what I say, but if anyone tries to insult me, tries to call me stupid or start an argument with me just because of what I said here, you will fail.

Those are all subjective. Gen 5 appears to be your favorite gen by the way you talk about it but I'm sure your least favorite gen is the favorite of many other people.

It grinds your gears that people have opinions?

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Those are all subjective. Gen 5 appears to be your favorite gen by the way you talk about it but I'm sure your least favorite gen is the favorite of many other people.

It grinds your gears that people have opinions?

I don't have a least favorite gen and I never said that I have a problem with other people's opinions. Most of those people who blindly hate the newer Pokemon state them as facts and think whoever likes them are idiots, and that's not right. They think they are the only ones that are right and they could be the ones that have their gears grinded because of opinions. I understand that people have opinions but those people don't get it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It grind my gears that Drayden wasn't the champion in Black 2 since he was the gym leader in Black. It make sense in White 2 for Iris since she was gym leader in white but Drayden didn't get the same treatment. How does Iris get to be champion in both versions when she was only a gym leader in one version?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

Not everyone likes Unova. Get over it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
It grind my gears that Drayden wasn't the champion in Black 2 since he was the gym leader in Black. It make sense in White 2 for Iris since she was gym leader in white but Drayden didn't get the same treatment. How does Iris get to be champion in both versions when she was only a gym leader in one version?

Because in both she was the apprentice with incredible talent, and on both Drayden was old but it one he let's Iris battle you.

It's not hard to see how in the games with a time skip the apprentice became the champion.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That there wasn't a way to increase the chance of finding a shiny Pokémon until B2W2.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Not everyone likes Unova. Get over it.

What, I can't express what grinds my gears? I bet you just skipped the part where I said that there are many of those people who call people who like Unova mentally retarded. That is what grinds my gears. I actually read comments on the internet that said that or something similar. I know that people have opinions, but those people are shoving their's down other people's throats, saying that their opinions are right, and that is wrong, that is what I was saying.