• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That Ditto doesn't retain any shininess when it transforms, despite that being it's whole schitck. It wouldn't be too bad if the older generations had shiny Ditto transform into shiny versions of other Pokemon. You can't excuse "well maybe it's too much effort for the programmers"

But that one makes sense too. According to its Pokédex data, Ditto could only transform into what it sees, so considering that Ditto would also retain the color patterns of what it'll transform into, it would confirm why Game Freak considered not making a shiny Ditto transform into the shiny variant of its target unless the target Pokémon is shiny.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The stupid popup messages that appear after you barely lose to a Pokemon in Shuffle, recommending you spend coins to win. Sorry, Shuffle, but how do you expect me to pay for these items when you keep making me spend coins to play the stages in the first place? Why were these popups added? They do absolutely nothing to help and just waste time by making me have to skip through them every time I fail.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
But that one makes sense too. According to its Pokédex data, Ditto could only transform into what it sees, so considering that Ditto would also retain the color patterns of what it'll transform into, it would confirm why Game Freak considered not making a shiny Ditto transform into the shiny variant of its target unless the target Pokémon is shiny.

Yeah, I know it makes sense. It's just that I don't like it

I think most of my pet peeves when it comes to Pokemon have mostly been "fixed" as the generations have gone by. There's plenty of things that bug me in Red/Blue/Yellow, but many of its annoyances are long gone in the 6th gen. As such, I'll just list the stuff that still grinds my gears in the most recent games:

• When obtaining Pokemon as gifts in centres, and having to have an empty spot in your party for the Pokemon to be placed, instead of just having it transferred directly to your PC boxes. I've noticed some gift Pokemon do work like this, but others don't for whatever reason.
  • Similar to above, with the daycare centres. I'd like the option to have a Pokemon just be automatically transferred to my PC when taking it out the Daycare and my party is full.
  • Limited number of punching bags on the EV training app thing. Would be nice to have some extra storage.
  • Machoke's "favourite place" to be petted...

- lots of flinching/paralysis/hitting self in confusion.
- Whitney's Miltank, especially in the remakes, with its Lum Berry and Scrappy ability.
- Canada's missing out on quite a few Pokemon distributions.

Utopianopal

Time Crashes
THIS ONE MAKES ME SO MAD!

When I'm just trying to find all three Pokemon In a Friend Safari and the last one never shows up! Most of the time It's not even good anyway q.q

Kanto_Caper

I've got to chime in with those who said lots of flinching/paralysis/confusion/self-hitting/etc. I HATE opponents with strong enough defenses that my Special Sweepers can't wipe them out with one hit, then they slow, delay, and have my Pokemon inflict self-harm turn after turn as I try to wheedle down their hitpoints.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
swagger never works for me,
but ALWAYS works against me.
Decided to try it out only to realize it only works well for the opponents apparently

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
swagger never works for me,
but ALWAYS works against me.
Decided to try it out only to realize it only works well for the opponents apparently

I had disturbing success with swagger unaware quagsire named swagsire accordingly. This guy won me 8 games in a row by racking confusion damage and hazard damage thanks to its pseudo phazing with swagger.

Try it if you have no respect towards the other player in a non Smogon singles format for 6v6

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Trying to get a Zangoose/Seviper in a horde in XY but the others keep knocking the one you want out. Same thing with Durant and Heatmor. Why are they even together in a horde?

EvanUn0

When people share misinformed memes about the anime/comparing Ash to Red and they get their facts wrong. Kinda the same thing, but just a pet peeve of mine. =P

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why does Confuse Ray always worked when used by the opponent, but I never get to succeed at confusing it? Rage

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
When your opponent's scald burns you every single time. Seriously, please nerf that move, it's not healthy for the game.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
When people compare franchises to Pokémon, and try to say with certainty that X will totally happen...like "Synchro(Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds did it!)/Alchemy(Yu-Gi-Oh GX did it!)", because another franchise did it(first is optional)..art and copyright don't work that way.

Can't we just play Pokémon without throwing it to be scrutinized and over analyzed by other franchises' fanbases?!

(Also, the name "Synchro" and any kind of alchemy themes are NOT confirmed, just fan rumors/speculation. Thought I'd make that clear.)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Let's face it; we all hate it when the CPU seems to always succeed in moves with low(60-80) accurarcy and we don't

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Grind my gears when gen 6.5 was thought to be a thing. As if they going to create half gen just because Kalos only had 72 pokemon. Every gen so far has been a full gen and no point five of anything. Now we got gen 7 which was confirmed to be a full gen and not .5 of gen 6.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Why didn't Game Freak make Zinnia a daily battle, after the Delta Episode? The girl from the Looker Episode does become a daily battle after the Episode!

And why does Maxie/Archie hint that he wants to battle you at the Battle Resort, but disappears after?

Cradily17

I want to like Ash-Greninja in the anime, but it really irks me how the writers are using Sceptile as a punching bag just to make him seem strong. How dare they make my favorite Pokémon look bad!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I want to like Ash-Greninja in the anime, but it really irks me how the writers are using Sceptile as a punching bag just to make him seem strong. How dare they make my favorite Pokémon look bad!

Picture every fan of Raichu dealing with this for 20 years.