• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Who gives a ****? The people that complain about it, I would imagine.

I'm not sure I get the logic behind people getting their backs up over people complaining about this, but people expressing over and over that, [Insert Concept Here] should be made into a Pokemon and complaining that it hasn't been done yet is fair game. It's all the same thing. Some people want a dolphin, some people want some vague sub-species of something that a handful of people have never even heard of, and some people want a Fire starter that starts on four legs and stays that way. It's as simple as that.

Understood, it is fair to want the things you want, we all do it. But it's mainly the repetition of the idea that irks me personally. It's like a kid in a supermarket complaining to their mother that they want a chocolate bar...we heard you, you want one, we get it but asking for it over and over again isn't likely to make it happen any more that the last time you asked for it. It's like the ideas I just went over, how about we peg/bookmark/pencil in those ideas and move on to some more interesting and unique ideas?

Akashin

Understood, it is fair to want the things you want, we all do it. But it's mainly the repetition of the idea that irks me personally. It's like a kid in a supermarket complaining to their mother that they want a chocolate bar...we heard you, you want one, we get it but asking for it over and over again isn't likely to make it happen any more that the last time you asked for it. It's like the ideas I just went over, how about we peg/bookmark/pencil in those ideas and move on to some more interesting and unique ideas?

Fair enough. I can't argue with that; the requests for a quadrupedal are relatively loud and constant.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Game: when shiny pokemon appear in gen 3 and 4 safari zone and then flee. Should have been programmed not to have shiny pokemon.
Anime: Ash getting overhyped in the show. Pikachu made out to be more stronger than it suppose to ne.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That Nidoqueen's shiny isn't pink like how Nidoking's is blue. Worst thing is that the previous two evolutions fit it

Kennith

Banned
Gyms replaced by trials, Zygarde forms never going to be in Kalos and gen 1 pokemon are the only ones getting Alola forms.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The Pokemon becoming angry in Shuffle's escalation stages. I'm okay with it happening but the timer should be 30 minutes, not 10 so players at least have the time to regenerate a life to face it.

Using all my items and coins to face Mega Rayquaza only for one horribly placed disruption to cause me to lose the S-Rank. It's hard enough grinding up that many coins to begin with but now I have to do it all again if I want the S-Rank. The same thing happened with Deoxys, used all my coins and items only for it to break out of the ball at the end. Either be hard to beat OR hard to catch, not both.

Last edited:

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
People who apparently go on a capturing spree on Route 1/101, give all the Pokémon they catch weird nicknames, and then Wonder Trade them away. What makes this worse is that I only ever Wonder Trade stuff when I need to get rid of some breedjects, so those people are getting my 3IV Modest Riolu in return for friggin' Magikarp.

Pokémon with Sturdy, especially Steven's Skarmory. (Luckily I can usually negate that for his other Sturdy Pokémon if I have my Mega Absol up front. Magic Bounce rules.)

Caves in general.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Three letters: GTS. I think you all know why

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The backlash from the Kalos League in the Anime. I'm passionate about shows but wow.

Akashin

The backlash from the Kalos League in the Anime. I'm passionate about shows but wow.

The best you can do is turn a blind eye to it. No matter how excessive and annoying it is, at the end of the day, I can perfectly understand why there was so much backlash.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The best you can do is turn a blind eye to it. No matter how excessive and annoying it is, at the end of the day, I can perfectly understand why there was so much backlash.

I understand it but people are being excessive.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
OK I need to vent, I finnally got my arse to work and breed myself a Naive 6iv ha Garchomp to use on a slow volt turn team, I have the rash and naughty ones for mega chomp, 3 Jolly for Godchomp, SR chomp and SD chomp so I never got my arse up to use Naive Garchomp until I decided to use a slow volt turn team for non eq mega Garchomp in hazard offense.

It works wonders, the 4 atk 252 spatk 252 speed LO SD set is definitely underrated on how much it supports certain Pokemon and still gets rid of base 100 mons!

It works so ****ing well I couldn't end a match in the entire day! People ragequiting left and right once Garchomp obliterated their non unaware Clefable, set up on their Chanseys, shited on Gliscor and Hippowdon, obliterated ferrothorn, Skarmory, Amoongus and tangrowth, shited on mega Slowbro and mega sableye using wisp and completely annihilated Rotom W and Landorus T wich where the main reason I used this set.

I got a big total of 38 ragequit today, all caused because people couldn't comprehend how their defensive cores got destroyed by a "special" non mega Garchomp and now they had no answer to spdef Talonflame nor Taunt mega Gyarados.

I ****ing got my arse on building a successful team, and God I achieved it, now I got stuck an entire day without actually winning a full battle in the OU format, the only battles I finished where from idiots that ignored the OU thing and battled me with sash scald Greninjas, probably the worst set in existence...they didn't even get to use the frog right and I didn't quit on them at team preview for not respecting the OU format plead just because I was already in the 17th rq of the day!

God seriously, this thing isn't that good vs hyper offense, but dare you destroy their Landorus T and these kids rage quit!

Seriously, I needed to get that out of my system.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I've haven't been on this thread for a long time but this is one thing related to EV training that annoys me. I usually EV train in Defense with Sandshrew rather than Aron because Sandshrew hordes are much more easier to find. But whenever I EV train against Sandshrew hordes at Route 111 (Desert), there's always a sandstorm. And because of that, it activates Sand Veil, an Ability that Sandshrew can have. Which can cause moves that have 100 base accuracy like Surf, which I normally use against those Sandshrews to EV train in Defense, to miss against a couple of those Sandshrews and I don't normally use Kyogre in game.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I've haven't been on this thread for a long time but this is one thing related to EV training that annoys me. I usually EV train in Defense with Sandshrew rather than Aron because Sandshrew hordes are much more easier to find. But whenever I EV train against Sandshrew hordes at Route 111 (Desert), there's always a sandstorm. And because of that, it activates Sand Veil, an Ability that Sandshrew can have. Which can cause moves that have 100 base accuracy like Surf, which I normally use against those Sandshrews to EV train in Defense, to miss against a couple of those Sandshrews and I don't normally use Kyogre in game.

Mold breaker Haxorus/Excadrill are your friends.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Currently doing a MonoSteel Run on Y version and I'm reminded of how hard Pokemon are to find if you're looking for 1 certain 'mon. (My case, Mawile. Been through at least 50 REs in Glittering Cave aleady)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Mold breaker Haxorus/Excadrill are your friends.

Unfortunately I don't use them a lot in game too but I might consider them later because their Ability animations don't take as long to activate compared to Kyogre's.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Unfortunately I don't use them a lot in game too but I might consider them later because their Ability animations don't take as long to activate compared to Kyogre's.

Haxorus actually learns surf and eq, so it can hit pretty much all hordes, this makes him a valuable hm slave.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Haxorus actually learns surf and eq, so it can hit pretty much all hordes, this makes him a valuable hm slave.

Oh thanks. I'll probably go with Surf because it has more PP but I'll keep both in case Surf runs out of PP. At least this would make my day.

I got a big total of 38 ragequit today, all caused because people couldn't comprehend how their defensive cores got destroyed by a "special" non mega Garchomp and now they had no answer to spdef Talonflame nor Taunt mega Gyarados.

If it were me, I wouldn't be happy because it ruins the fun of competitive battling imo. I had fairly minimal rage quits from opponents whenever I tried :p Usually they'll rage quit again Mega Kang but I should definitely try something else too to get less rage quits

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Oh thanks. I'll probably go with Surf because it has more PP but I'll keep both in case Surf runs out of PP. At least this would make my day.

If it were me, I wouldn't be happy because it ruins the fun of competitive battling imo. I had fairly minimal rage quits from opponents whenever I tried :p Usually they'll rage quit again Mega Kang but I should definitely try something else too to get less rage quits

The thing is that I had a free day and I devoted myself to testing a team all day while I ate some leftover pizza, no cooking, just a good day of pizza, beer Monty Python sketches and Pokémon.

I mean I still laughed my arse off at the parrot sketch, but it is soul crushing that I got 38 people that actually followed the smogon ruleset and had very competent teams, that where on meta with stuff on simulator to boot at 1700+, just freaking quit the moment Garchomp allowed me to secure the win con.

It was soul crushing since I built a nice team around a concept most people would dismiss but fit the context of my win con, I mean, I even breed a new 6iv Garchomp for it to work...And I never got to test it right despite all the good opportunities due to people not understanding how LO Fireblast or Draco Meteor destroyed all their answers, or how people forget that standard LO chomp secures the 2hko vs any Clefable variant, but still switched their magic guard Clefable into a +2 SD Garchomp thinking it is another set, then proceed to get demolished on their first moonlight to a point they can't switch in vs my team, or they sacrificed they Clefable to chomp that now has +2 eq and Fireblast/D Meteor able to dent hard wathever ground immunity they have left.

I freaking planed this and even though it was working I couldn't freaking enjoy it.

Last edited: