• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

KillerDraco

When I hatch 200+ Feebas and no shiny :c

Only 200? Keep rolling, 200 is an extremely low number.

I'm not fond of how many of the most functional features from Gen 6 are absent in Gen 7. I sorely miss things like Super Training (If for nothing else but the reset bag), and Friend Safari for those perfect IVs to start breeding. Yes, Hyper Training helps a little with the IV issues, although the fact that it's level 100 only and the grinding is pretty slow in Sun and Moon makes that pretty tedious as well...

Echo Nacyl

Solrock and Lunatone not even being available in games called Sun and Moon. That's just strange.

Also, the majority of Ice type shinies. There's no logical reason that Furfrou can turn from white to black and ice types that are light light light blue/white hardly change at all.

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
I'm not fond of how many of the most functional features from Gen 6 are absent in Gen 7. I sorely miss things like Super Training (If for nothing else but the reset bag), and Friend Safari for those perfect IVs to start breeding.
yeah I really miss super training. it was a cute mini game regardless and easy to farm items. I also miss the mini games in pokemon amie ("refresh") it seems kinda boring now.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'm kinda getting tired of all the Dragon type pseudo legends. Even this new gen gave us yet another Dragon. Gen 2 is the only generation without a Dragon type pseudo legend and it's refreshing. With gen 3, we got Metagross, which was all good, but they had to throw in a Dragon with Salamence because why not.

I really do like Dragon types, but I wish we could see a new pseudo legend that isn't a Dragon for once.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Solrock and Lunatone not even being available in games called Sun and Moon. That's just strange.

Also, the majority of Ice type shinies. There's no logical reason that Furfrou can turn from white to black and ice types that are light light light blue/white hardly change at all.

I know, right. Why WOULDN'T you add the goddamn og sun and moon Pokemon to Sun and Moon

About the Ice types; for some like Glaceon, the lighter shade actually works well for me. Let's test your argument
* Ice type shinies that don't change much: Dewgong, Articuno, Smoochum, Regice, Glaceon, Froslass, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Beartic, Avalugg
* Ice type shinies that may or may not change much: Jynx, Glalie, Snover, Abomasnow, Rotom, Cubchoo, Cryogonal, Kyurem, Bergmite, Crabominable
* Ice type shinies that change much: Cloyster, Lapras, Sneasel, Piloswine, Delibird, Snorunt, Spheal, Sealo, Walrein, Weavile, Vanillite
* Ice type shinies with WTF colorations: Swinub, Mamoswine, Amaura, Aurorus

As mentioned, it grinds my gears that there were like three Ice type families in the original Hoenn games that could get. One of which was a legendary, the other is impossible to get if the internal battery runs out

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
Only 200? Keep rolling, 200 is an extremely low number.

I'm not fond of how many of the most functional features from Gen 6 are absent in Gen 7. I sorely miss things like Super Training (If for nothing else but the reset bag), and Friend Safari for those perfect IVs to start breeding. Yes, Hyper Training helps a little with the IV issues, although the fact that it's level 100 only and the grinding is pretty slow in Sun and Moon makes that pretty tedious as well...

Basically this. I'm dreading roaming around in grass for hours to knock out 80+ Pokemon to EV train, and getting 10 EV Lowering berries in case of messing up will be tiring as well

Laurelai

Basically this. I'm dreading roaming around in grass for hours to knock out 80+ Pokemon to EV train, and getting 10 EV Lowering berries in case of messing up will be tiring as well

Well, horde training *was* really convenient, EV training now isn't going to quite as bad as it was prior to hordes. Now you have to SOS chain, but that's not hard- just eats some time.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Well, horde training *was* really convenient, EV training now isn't going to quite as bad as it was prior to hordes. Now you have to SOS chain, but that's not hard- just eats some time.

It is also less annoying when trying to catch a Pokemon you have been searching for. Knocking out one Pokemon during an SOS battle isn't nearly as bad as taking out four just to make a capture. I managed to find a Mareanie this way after the original Corsola called out for help two previous times and two more showed up. It took longer to find the Corsola.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Safari Zone Chansey is rather annoying. The Safari Zone was a terrible idea in the first place, but now you have an ultra-rare Pokemon with an ultra-rare super special awesome item...and it's going to flee 95% of the time. Arceus help you if its shiny for St Patrick's day...I don't think anyone has ever managed to get it in that occasion. All the meanwhile its face just smiles at you like its some sort of troll. Its probably the main reason why they stopped the Safari Zone

Ryuken

Steel User
Pokemon Global link.
Registration, method of using, everything about it is complete non-user friendly garbage.
I must have spent an hour trying to register/create another account thanks to not having a trainer ID anymore and what not.
It makes it impossible to access some features in the game itself, just great.

It is also less annoying when trying to catch a Pokemon you have been searching for. Knocking out one Pokemon during an SOS battle isn't nearly as bad as taking out four just to make a capture. I managed to find a Mareanie this way after the original Corsola called out for help two previous times and two more showed up. It took longer to find the Corsola.

When I finally encountered a Mimikyu in the abandoned megamart, I tried to get its HP down, and when I got to red I was about to throw a ball when it called an ally. Had to take down three allies before I could try to capture the original again. My team was exhausted out, so when I eventually caught it I felt satisfied AF. But it means that's I don't really like SOS battles.

Orphalesion

Poliwags blank, very unintelligent stare as it uses double slap on my pokemon. Usually when a wild pokemon is too low a level to give decent EXP I run away. not with Poliwag. Not. With. Poliwag.

Captain Jigglypuff

Poliwags blank, very unintelligent stare as it uses double slap on my pokemon. Usually when a wild pokemon is too low a level to give decent EXP I run away. not with Poliwag. Not. With. Poliwag.

Poliwag's stare isn't nearly as bad as Quiladrin's was. That thing looked like a psychotic killer that would stab you repeatedly while you sleep. I hope SM changes its expression.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You needing Pokemon to hold certain incenses to get baby forms

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
After Pokemon Refresh/Amie, you cause your pokemon to love you so much that they cause critical hits. Yeah, lesson learned. Never try to use them when trying to hunt rare pokemon.

Zach8920

When you lose your pokemon games and all them high level pokemons. (Feel like i've said this before. Have I?)

Goku turns SSJ first time.jpg

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Poliwag's stare isn't nearly as bad as Quiladrin's was. That thing looked like a psychotic killer that would stab you repeatedly while you sleep. I hope SM changes its expression.

Well at Quiladin it has a psychokiller glare. Poliwag just stares blankly as if its brain went out for lunch ten years ago and was never seen again, I expect it to start to drool any moment.

Captain Jigglypuff

It has to be the worst breeding method ever. Oh let's not forget about that most baby Pokemon require happiness in order to evolve.

It took me until XY to realize that Happiny only needed the Oval Stone. I kept thinking you needed that item AND max out its happiness. Catching and evolving Feebas was a total nightmare in Gen 3 and 4. I only found a place in Emeraldl only once and caught many just to get Milotic. And then only once in Platinum and I bred it like crazy with Ditto to have more. What irritated the most was when the Fffeebas either hated Blue Pokéblocks or Poffins or was neutral and itt got too full to eat any more. I'm glad that in ORAS that Pokémon will eat unlimited Pokéblocks.