• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
I don't mind Mega-Sableye, because they can introduce variety and new obstacles. It's kinda interesting when Megas exist but the originals can also be used, maybe more effectively, then using them is a choice aand the originals aren't completely defunct.. But yeah they add many Megas to popular Pokémon when their original forms were already used often. They could try Mega changes of others, like Lanturn. They also have Alolan forms, will those carry on? That might limit some Pokémon from getting Megas.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have to agree with this. When I first read the concept of Megas, I got annoyed. And if anything, some Mega Evolutions are making the originals worse. Mega Sableye, for example, lowers his base speed to 20. That wouldn't matter if he kept Prankster, but he's given Magic Bounce. He's so slow now that almost anything could knock him out.

While I like Mega Evolutions, I am irate at them not giving proper upgrades and evolution to Pokemon that sorely need it

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
Salazzle annoys me a lot. I breed one for competitive use and it took forever to get a female one with the right max IVs. I got plenty of them that had the right IV spread but then they were males and the few females I got had the wrong spread. The gender wouldn't matter to me but only the females evolve. Why does Game Freak do things like that? Do they not think about that kind of thing or do they just not care?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Agreed with another post, I hate Goal Roll!

While I think that the Poké-Athlon was fun to do I have to agree that Goal Roll was one of my least favorite event. I dreaded doing that along with the snowball one because I lack the right coordination to earn enough points to win them.

Vroomer

The inability to trade event Pokemon on the GTS

^This

Also the lack of National Dex in Sun/Moon is totally unacceptable. I'm back to playing Gen 1 (VC), 4(HG), and 6(OR). until the GEN 7 remakes of Gen 4 hit.

Spyro39

Battling with online trainers who use a stall team and healing moves/items to drag out the battle longer than it should. The worst being when you knock out 90% of the Pokemon's HP, only to have it healed up as quickly as possible.

Vroomer

Receiving Zigzagoon, Wurmple, or Wingull in wonder trade. HATE THIS. Just got a French Zigzagzoon... Released! I need the box space. Seriously, breed something and trade your rejects.

I'm WT'ing Outstanding 3-4 perfect IV Ponyta now. It's not that hard. Seriously. get something that's not super common and put it out there. I put a Destiny Knot on a perfect 6 IV Japanese Ditto I breed with.

On the flip side, I do enjoy getting Magikarp as I level those up to Gyarados. :D

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alolan Marowak not knowing good moves of its type for ages or until you can get to the move reminder

Cat's Eye Draco

When you come across a non-player-character who offers to trade you a Haunter or a Kadabra or some other trade evolution you need for your Pokedex, and you take it, only for it's held item to turn out to be an everstone.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Receiving Zigzagoon, Wurmple, or Wingull in wonder trade. HATE THIS. Just got a French Zigzagzoon... Released! I need the box space. Seriously, breed something and trade your rejects.

I'm WT'ing Outstanding 3-4 perfect IV Ponyta now. It's not that hard. Seriously. get something that's not super common and put it out there. I put a Destiny Knot on a perfect 6 IV Japanese Ditto I breed with.

On the flip side, I do enjoy getting Magikarp as I level those up to Gyarados. :D

Why'd you trade away good stuff though? Why not just raise up the good stuff and use it yourself? I usually Wonder Trade away crap like Pikipek that shows up on Poké Pelago. Even traded away one that had 3 IVs at 0 and none of its IVs were above 10 or so. Breedjects I wonder trade out usually have the wrong nature or ability, or only 1 or 2 perfect IVs. Stuff with better IVs and the right ability and nature I just use myself.

Besides, 6IV Ditto is pretty much always a hack, it wouldn't surprise me if there are no more than 5 or so legit 6IV Ditto throughout all Sun/Moon games. Can't breed for better IVs and SOS chaining them takes forever, only 1 in 1024 chance after chaining for 40+, and you can't tell IVs reliably before capture. I seriously can't be bothered trying to get that.

Last edited:

DatsRight

So whose genius idea was it to have the Battle Royal's default AI be at LV FREAKIN' 50?

There is absolutely no way anyone would have any Pokemon to match up to that level at such an early point in the game. And the training match sets up for something available at a much more novice level.

Vroomer

Why'd you trade away good stuff though? Why not just raise up the good stuff and use it yourself? I usually Wonder Trade away crap like Pikipek that shows up on Poké Pelago. Even traded away one that had 3 IVs at 0 and none of its IVs were above 10 or so. Breedjects I wonder trade out usually have the wrong nature or ability, or only 1 or 2 perfect IVs. Stuff with better IVs and the right ability and nature I just use myself.

Besides, 6IV Ditto is pretty much always a hack, it wouldn't surprise me if there are no more than 5 or so legit 6IV Ditto throughout all Sun/Moon games. Can't breed for better IVs and SOS chaining them takes forever, only 1 in 1024 chance after chaining for 40+, and you can't tell IVs reliably before capture. I seriously can't be bothered trying to get that.

Because I only keep the 6IV, perfect nature/decent IVs, or Shiny. Mainly Shiny hunting and WT for non-Eng Pokémon for MMethod breeding. Rest take up space in PC and Bank. I've hatched over 2700+ eggs in OR alone. (Yes, I'm sure my 6IV JPN ditto is hacked. Got in WT though & I'll continue to breed against it in ORAS.)

I'm not asking for Shiny or 6IV in return. Just something not utter jank. Ralts, Tyrogue, Abra, Dratini, etc. Not asking for Events or Legends in return. Just not super duper common junk. I don't got the space for it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Well, you've gotta understand most people aren't going to hatch thousands of eggs trying to get shinies. I've hatched maybe 100 or so in total in Sun. I can't be bothered grinding so long for shinies. At least half of the stuff I wonder trade away is junk from Poké Pelago. I just wonder trade it for the off chance of getting something good. I just hatch a couple of eggs trying to get something with the right nature, ability, egg moves, and some good IVs, like 3 or 4 perfect ones. Running around on Tauros and watching Egg hatching animations over and over again is far too boring for me to keep on hatching longer than that when hyper training exists.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The absurdity of having to go from 100,000 to 1,500,000 points to get Version 5 on the Pokefinder

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The absurdity of having to go from 100,000 to 1,500,000 points to get Version 5 on the Pokefinder

If you manage to find a Lucario, take as many pics of it as you can. I went from 60,000 to 100,000 easily. The first can get you around 25,000 and any pics taken afterwards are worth about 8,000.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If you manage to find a Lucario, take as many pics of it as you can. I went from 60,000 to 100,000 easily. The first can get you around 25,000 and any pics taken afterwards are worth about 8,000.

I'm not there yet. I also didn't know you could get as much points off even a rare Pokemon

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
The fact that Misty and Brock don't exist in Movie 20 and are instead replaced by two scrappy characters who have Sinnoh Pokemon... what the heck were the writers thinking?

It's a tragic day for Pokeshippers as far as we know it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The fact that Misty and Brock don't exist in Movie 20 and are instead replaced by two scrappy characters who have Sinnoh Pokemon... what the heck were the writers thinking?

It's a tragic day for Pokeshippers as far as we know it.

Wait WHAT?!

On another note, it grinds my gears that you can't get the item needed for Sneasel to evolve without bullying Jangmo-o into getting one