• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
To be honest, the only main thing that grinds my gears is the removal of Super Training. It was easier (for me) at least to keep track of EVs if you were looking to do a specific spread.

TBH I find PokePelago even easier. With Super Training I have to keep track of how many times I've done a course, how many EVs it was worth, all on top of knowing how many EVs are needed.

With PokePelago I just need to know how many EVs a stat needs and divide by 4. Yeah it takes longer, but it's not like I have better things to be doing with my pokemon.

...but I had fun with Super Training, so I am sad they removed it still.

Luthor

It does annoy me a little that move tutors are limited in sun and moon. I think the Battle Resort Move Tutors would be cool at the battle tree.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
It does annoy me a little that move tutors are limited in sun and moon. I think the Battle Resort Move Tutors would be cool at the battle tree.

They do this in every new generation and it has frustrated me every single time. I need some of the ORAS tutor moves but all of my breeding Pokemon are in Moon so I have to breed something from scratch every time just for these moves. Such a pain.

EDIT: Losing in the Battle Tree because the opponent ended up paralysing 2 of my Pokemon with Thunderbolt, and the resulting parahax allowing them to KO me. Could easily have stalled that AI out had it not been for the parahax.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm upset they didn't keep Pokemon Amie. That was a really fun way of looking after your Pokemon, Head It was addictive in all the right ways. I am also saddened that the Dream World was removed

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I'm upset they didn't keep Pokemon Amie. That was a really fun way of looking after your Pokemon, Head It was addictive in all the right ways. I am also saddened that the Dream World was removed

Pokemonamie is still in Sun/Moon, they just removed the minigames and added extra ways to care for your pokemon. All that changed of it was the name

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The lack of a battle frontier. I understand we have the Battle Tree, but it's so boring and the AI freaking cheats soooo much. Or, at least, they do on my attempts.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
oK.

I'm going to bite. Hear me out. I've read your post 3 times. smile. :)

1 - get over it. the company is totally going to play to their strength. Do I like these Pokemon? They're okay to me. not my faves. But, I can't fault the company for feeding the frenzy to generate, hello, Dave?, money.
2 - I am grateful for "soaring" in ORAS. I'm fine with this one. with the Gen 6 games (XYORAS), you get ALL the non-even pokemon. Therefore - and - Again - get over it.
3 - A running gag has to run. Run Forrest! Run! - lighten up. Accept the fact you're going to have to wake up a Snorlax. Heck, if I don't have to, I am thinking someone missed "it".
4 - And, YES, they were super LAME at that. Only 2 did "it" for me. The rest were lame as spit. Totally agree here. the Alola variants are one reason, among the myriad of reasons, of why I loathe the gen 7 games. utter trash.... I am 1000000% behind you on this point.
5 - You're being weak sauce. Gen 2, 4, and 5 were available later in ORAS. Don't see you complaining about that. Chillax. You can get a non-Event living Dex from 4 games: XYORAS. That's awesome! Oh wait! ALL the events were released last year for the 20th! You could have captured a 720 living Dex! that's pretty nice of the Pokemon company. Ya know?

So, no. after reading and re-reading your post several times, you need to take a step back to reevaluate and compare & contrast gen 5 with gen 6. The step from Gen 1 to 2 was a push - besides shiny and breeding. The step from Gen 2 to 3 was a nice step forward. The step to Gen 4 was NOT a step until HGSS. There was absolutely ZERO step form HGSS to BW. The step from Gen 5 to Gen 6 was AWESOME and we all should be thankful for what we have in Gen 6.

Gen 7.... GRINDS MY GEARS!

Oh no, I have heavily compared gen 5 and 6. And trust me, I analyse games a lot. I think I'm in a fair position to call it my 2nd least favourite gen because of all the pandering, among other reasons. There is something in here that really grinds my gears...

There was absolutely ZERO step form HGSS to BW. The step from Gen 5 to Gen 6 was AWESOME

I'm gonna show you why I strongly disagree.

Gen 4 -> Gen 5
- Awesome animated sprites and very fluid battle animations. In my opinion, the best battles have ever looked.
- The best soundtrack in the series.
- Actual plot. The gym leaders all feel a part of the world and N is amazing.
- 150 new Pokémon.
- New mechanics such as hidden abilities which make Pokémon even more fun to this day.
- PWT

But...

Gen 5 -> Gen 6
- Bad plot again, in fact the worst it has ever been. Your friends are the most annoying characters of all.
- Gen one pandering is certainly a step back.
- 3D models don't look as good as the animated sprites overall.
- Battle Maison.

Of course, gen 6 introduced a lot of good new features, but they are mostly poorly executed imo. ORAS is great. XY felt really rushed to me though.

Ok, now to talk about what I really wanted to talk about.

SOS battles drive me insane. I spent hours trying to find a HA Relicanth only for me to get screwed over by luck even at max calling odds and one to struggle to death every single time. I miss being in control of finding HA Pokémon, RIP DexNav/Hordes. One gen 6 feature I actually miss. Dream World too. That thing was amazing. And Hidden Grottos. RIP Gen 5 features.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pokemonamie is still in Sun/Moon, they just removed the minigames and added extra ways to care for your pokemon. All that changed of it was the name

But I like those mini-games!

On another note, I am sad you can't transfer the Mew glitch Mew in the Virtual Console

Luthor

They do this in every new generation and it has frustrated me every single time. I need some of the ORAS tutor moves but all of my breeding Pokemon are in Moon so I have to breed something from scratch every time just for these moves. Such a pain.

Yeah it's frustrating everytime. Especially as there are some pokemon that were missing crucial moves until pokebank was working.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The Show Off Muscles missions are starting to grind my gears now. I'm fully aware of how the mission works, but the freaking thing does not give me any Plaza guests that will score me points. My toocute Ayla is the freaking queen of Festival Plaza and this is how she's being treated! >_<

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i know the "take me to a place i like" is random nature but 80% of the answers usually work with fortune tellers. its annoying when those answers are something else.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

i know the "take me to a place i like" is random nature but 80% of the answers usually work with fortune tellers. its annoying when those answers are something else.

Yeah, that kinda annoys me too. And apparently you're having better luck with those than I am because my success ratio with sending them to tents has been about 30% I would say. I have the best luck with Lottery houses and dye shops it seems.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah, that kinda annoys me too. And apparently you're having better luck with those than I am because my success ratio with sending them to tents has been about 30% I would say. I have the best luck with Lottery houses and dye shops it seems.

LOL, 80% is on a normal basis for fortune tents. when i get good/pretty good luck in plaza readings, that % can range from 30%, 50% up to 80%. its the lower yields with good luck which are particularly annoying.

though i guess all my lottery house luck is diverted to you.... i get prize 5-6th once in a while, the rest are 7th-10th place. i honestly dont have a use for a master ball at this point but winning one from the shop would be useful as a trading item.....

Satoshi & Touko

LOL, 80% is on a normal basis for fortune tents. when i get good/pretty good luck in plaza readings, that % can range from 30%, 50% up to 80%. its the lower yields with good luck which are particularly annoying.

though i guess all my lottery house luck is diverted to you.... i get prize 5-6th once in a while, the rest are 7th-10th place. i honestly dont have a use for a master ball at this point but winning one from the shop would be useful as a trading item.....

I meant I had the best luck it seems when I send Plaza guests to lottery shops and/or dye shops when they ask do you know how I feel.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The Show Off Muscles missions are starting to grind my gears now. I'm fully aware of how the mission works, but the freaking thing does not give me any Plaza guests that will score me points. My toocute Ayla is the freaking queen of Festival Plaza and this is how she's being treated! >_<

I have the same thing. It's so unreliable and I think I only got 10+ individual score on the Machamp mission twice or so so far, there are also several times where I get 3 or 4. I don't really do much missions anymore but when I host I usually go for the "Research colour" missions now. I can consistently get 10+ individual score there because there are always 5 guests wearing the full set in that colour per lap and that mission yields I believe 5-50 FC for 2 minutes per mission.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Not being able to level up your Pokemon at the day care

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Rock Slide missing, o longer getting confuse hax, or just hax in general not working in your favor.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
People putting up Ash's Pikachu for impossible trades on the GTS, same goes for other Pokemon such as Ekans. It takes a lot of fun out of it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Rock Slide missing, o longer getting confuse hax, or just hax in general not working in your favor.

What I hate the most is how anytime the in game trainers spam Confusion induced attacks or evasive/accuracy lowering attacks your Pokémon either keeps hurting itself every single turn it's confused or you never land a hit. But if YOU do the same, the in game trainers keep landing every attack or not get hurt by confusion. Gen 3 is the worst offender of this.