• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You have no opportunity to save between becoming Champion and facing Tapu Koko. It feels like they're pressuring you into using the Master Ball then and there

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
You have no opportunity to save between becoming Champion and facing Tapu Koko. It feels like they're pressuring you into using the Master Ball then and there

But you can kill him and immediately come back after the credits role.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

DatsRight

Nerfing Feint to almost half it's original power. I get this was to balance it's newfound effectiveness against non-Protect/Detect attacks, but the attack is placed at the end of many Pokemon's learning move pools. They may as well have kept the power level so it was at least worth using, considering every Pokemon learns otherwise way more powerful attacks around the same time that were probably more worth missing a turn due to Protect/Detect.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah, I've been using the D-pad since Gen I. Even after a year of Moon and Y before that, if I pick up my game after not playing for a couple of days, I'll start wiggling the D-pad and getting pissed that my guy isn't moving.

same here, ive used both circle and D pad for various reasons, circle in lumiose city center, D pad on battle resort oras/route 7 XY. the D pad has its uses in gen7 if they bothered to put it in the program. gen7 went in a direction i wasnt fond of but the Dpad got me for a few minutes when i started and still does once in a while as i switch from ORAS and Sun. i just want the bike and D pad back again.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
No game has ever let you evolve Eevee into Glaceon until late in the game, quite some time after getting it

No game has ever let you evolve Eevee into Glaceon until late in the game, quite some time after getting it

Agreed. Glaceon is one of my favourite evolutions, but I never get the chance to use it simply because it's available too late. I've only used one once, and I had to trade it.

Cat's Eye Draco

I've always been more annoyed by the fact that it can only learn Ice Beam by TM rather than leveling up, myself. But then I'm the kind of luckless person that Icy Wind and Blizzard are pretty much guaranteed to miss for the moment I really need them not to. :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've always been more annoyed by the fact that it can only learn Ice Beam by TM rather than leveling up, myself. But then I'm the kind of luckless person that Icy Wind and Blizzard are pretty much guaranteed to miss for the moment I really need them not to. :p

Wait, what?! Great, now I have something else to be angry about with Glaceon

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The convoluted process of getting a good Extrasensory Roserade.

I hate baby Pokémon.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
The fact my region had to wait this long to get a Marshadow event announced... but is unfortunately stuck with the same short timeframe of up to October 23rd as the US!

My poor Aussies deserved better than this.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So many Johto-Sinnoh evos are denied in the Johto remakes, no Kanto-Johto evos allowed in the main game in the Kanto remakes

Miima

- Simple character personalities, like the overly cheerful ones (Ethan in HG/SS or Hau) or the edgy cool kids. I know some characters are supposed to be caricatures (like team rocket grunts being a bit simple and defiant) and the games are meant to attract the younger audience too, but hey, even ten-year-olds can understand surprisingly complex personalities :D

- Living in Finland and not having any cool events or even active Pokémon players around

- Getting lost in a cave and not having repels

- When your opponent is confused but does just fine while your Pokémon kills itself everytime

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Genwunners who think Pokemon is running out of ideas and who think Gen 1 Pokemon had the best designs. They think Ice cream Pokemon,gear Pokemon are weak designs while they praise the ones like: Magnemite, Grimer, Voltorb etc.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So many Johto-Sinnoh evos are denied in the Johto remakes, no Kanto-Johto evos allowed in the main game in the Kanto remakes

I agree with this. I'm glad they changed this with ORAS, as they added all of the cross-gen evos.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

I disagree that there were too many Johto-Sinnoh evolutions missing from HGSS. It was only three that were missing and they were all specific area evolutions. Magneton into Magnezone could have been done at the Power Plant but Glaceon and Leafeon would be hard to find a suitable location for Eevee to evolve into them. Leafeon only has Ilex Forest and Viridan Forest but Ilex already has so much going on in it that Viridian is the only other choice. And Glaceon would only get Ice Cave or Mt Silver both of which come late in the game.