• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
How?! HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO RUIN BATTLE FACTORY :(

Yes, it is called Agency but it is the same thing.

It is such a simple and great concept which got me hundreds of hours, the very best battle facility, and they have managed to completely ruin it -.-''

I understand that some people still haven't gotten to this part of the game so I will just say (so that you can understand my frustration) that one of the many aspects of the Battle Factory was completely removed and/or changed and now the whole thing is ruined.
I'll bite- how did they ruin it?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I do not like that the GTS doesn't let you ask for specific natures. I'm not talking about typing it out like in XY because vulgar Jirachi's aside, that never worked because not everyone speaks the same language and you never got what you wanted anyway.

It'll probably never happen but if gen 8 could at least give that, that'd be great.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Currently grinding my gears is Wonder Trade. Everyone and their mom who started new games in USUM over the past few days have been sending me crud from Melemele in exchange for neat things like Turtwig. Grrr... those copies of US and UM can't come soon enough. (As well as the Pokebank update which NEEDS TO HAPPEN ASAP.)

Is it true that UM screwed prospective Dusk Form Lycanroc owners over by requiring them to get up at/stay up until 5:00 AM to evolve their Own Tempo Rockruff? If so, I'm really looking forward to doing that! (Not.)

I agree. Wasn’t the western version of the original Red and Blue rushed for release outside of Japan too? We all know how glitch laden those games are. Almost every single game rushed into completion ends up being broken in some manner.
Not just in the west. The original Japanese Diamond and Pearl games had a wonderful exploitable glitch (which was later patched) that could be used to catch event legendaries. I have two perfectly legitimate Shaymin (one in each game) because I never bothered to apply the fix. :D

And then there are bugs like that one in X and Y...

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
How much pay to play Pokemon Shuffle has gotten. I'm generally just trying to earn coins now for the most part. I don't have a chance in Rayquaza in earning any of the rare Pokemon as they require people to spend and spend coins. It's just aimed at Wailords now (whales = big spenders). And it's not all that fun.

Luthor

The lack of rewards for interacting with the Pokemon in ultrasun and ultramoon. They could have made that something really cool or spent the time developing that into something else.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
One of each Apricorn Ball per save YET AGAIN! I was excited when I read we could possibly buy multiple of them but it looks like one per save again which is completely stupid. Limiting any form of customisation this way is pathetic. Will be sticking exclusively to Dusk Balls from now on.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Confusion! Ugh, I hate confusion so much. It seems like everytime an opponents Pokemon has been confused, it always breaks through on the first turn but everytime any of my Pokemon are confused, they hit themselves in confusion every five turns before snapping out I’m looking at you Robin Hood (My Dartrix from US). It’s ridiculous and it always angers me.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Confusion! Ugh, I hate confusion so much. It seems like everytime an opponents Pokemon has been confused, it always breaks through on the first turn but everytime any of my Pokemon are confused, they hit themselves in confusion every five turns before snapping out I’m looking at you Robin Hood (My Dartrix from US). It’s ridiculous and it always angers me.

Word. Especially in the older games (meaning Red, Blue and Yellow especially). Ran into so many problems with that, any kind of sleep move... the RNG was against me a lot.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
You know what actually grinds my gears? The fact that in USUM they made it so that S.O.S. Battles could only be triggered through the use of Adrenaline Orbs.

And here I was looking forward to exploiting chains to catch better 'mon before Akala...

xEryChan

Demon Child
You know what actually grinds my gears? The fact that in USUM they made it so that S.O.S. Battles could only be triggered through the use of Adrenaline Orbs.

And here I was looking forward to exploiting chains to catch better 'mon before Akala...

Umm, they didn’t. I’ve had encounters where a Pokemon has called for help and I didn’t use an Adrenaline Orb. It’s kind of weird that you haven’t gotten any. Which, speaking of S.O.S. Battles...

Dewpider. I didn’t mind it so much before but that all changed today. I had the most aggravating battle against a Dewpider today in Brooklet Hill today while taking on Lana’s trial. It wasn’t even a Totem Pokemon but it called for help every chance it got and it really angered me because all I wanted was to knock it out and move on to Totem Araquanid but no. I was two seconds away from throwing 3DS across the room, it was horrible.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Umm, they didn’t. I’ve had encounters where a Pokemon has called for help and I didn’t use an Adrenaline Orb. It’s kind of weird that you haven’t gotten any.
Huh. I don't have the games yet, I was just going by what the main site says. That's a relief. Perhaps someone ought to report it to Serebii?

Well, the next gripe I have in mind seems to be true: I was so stoked when I learned that Oshawott could get Sacred Sword through breeding--until I took a gander at the breeding details. Why oh why must all the lovely egg moves require that one use Smeargle in battles against rare Pokemon or demi-legendaries?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

It's a scam to get our money!

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Rotom Dex.

I'm sorry but this has gotta be the worst touch screen app that Game Freak has ever produced. It's a frustrating leap backwards in quality from XY & ORAS. Whereas those games gave you a neat little grabbag of handy tools and interfaces to choose from (the PSS, DexNav, etc.), in SM and now USM you're stuck with Rotom giving you the most basic, mundane dialogue and advice. Bringing back O-Powers and then making them much more limited isn't the most compelling new addition, either. I'm also kinda surprised that there's nothing like a quest log, given the new micro-quests in USM. Or a function similar to how the AreaNav kept track of various overworld details like Berries, Trainer Rematches, etc.

This is just another example of why Game Freak's philosophy of making every game 'different' can seriously hurt the experience.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Castform being as weak as it is. I love the concept behind Castform, I love the diversity...but why Gamefreak did you have to make its stats 70 across the board? Was this really necessary for balance, especially when you're supposed to get this as a reward in the game it appeared?

Luthor

Castform being as weak as it is. I love the concept behind Castform, I love the diversity...but why Gamefreak did you have to make its stats 70 across the board? Was this really necessary for balance, especially when you're supposed to get this as a reward in the game it appeared?

Plus it still has no form for sandstorm which is odd given it can transform in all other major weathers.

Still annoys me that in all the games based in Alola you still can't wear trouser or any winter gear. You have to climb an icy mountain and yet you end up going dressed like you are going to the beach.

P

polkiman777

Rotom Dex.

I'm sorry but this has gotta be the worst touch screen app that Game Freak has ever produced. It's a frustrating leap backwards in quality from XY & ORAS. Whereas those games gave you a neat little grabbag of handy tools and interfaces to choose from (the PSS, DexNav, etc.), in SM and now USM you're stuck with Rotom giving you the most basic, mundane dialogue and advice. Bringing back O-Powers and then making them much more limited isn't the most compelling new addition, either. I'm also kinda surprised that there's nothing like a quest log, given the new micro-quests in USM. Or a function similar to how the AreaNav kept track of various overworld details like Berries, Trainer Rematches, etc.

This is just another example of why Game Freak's philosophy of making every game 'different' can seriously hurt the experience.

Hi there, big boy! Listen up! It's time for me to give you some advice you never azzked for! Zzzzt :)
Battling lots of different Trainers is one way to encounter different Pokémon for your 'Dex, zzt-zzzzt!
Hey pal! It lookzz like your party izzz looking a bit worse for wear! Do you want to check your Bag? You might have some healing itemzzz!
Hot diggity pal! Thizzz lookzzz like a tenzzze moment! Did you know by vizzziting a certain place you can get some excluzzzive glam for the Alola Photo Club?
Hey partner! Did you know I used to battle a lot of Pokémon? *Encounters Zubat* ?!? I've never seen thizzz Pokémon before!
I wish I could carry you like Machamp doezzz!
Do you think Lillie izzz zzztill in her Z-Powered form?

Cradily17

Rotom Dex.

What I can't stand is how GameFreak took a feature that was perfectly fine before, made it so much worse by having the powers be completely dependent on RNG (I actually soft-resetted a few times just to get the Exp. power), then had the audacity to market it as a new feature. They even made the nu-Battle Factory (Battle Agency) worse by not allowing you to change Pokemon after each match.

Genwunners who think Pokemon is running out of ideas and who think Gen 1 Pokemon had the best designs. They think Ice cream Pokemon,gear Pokemon are weak designs while they praise the ones like: Magnemite, Grimer, Voltorb etc.

Now they're moving the goalposts and saying that Gen 1 had more "good" designs on average than the newer games and less "bad" ones.

Not being able to get more Type: Null or breed them. If you want to use it you either have to trade for it, which is difficult as it's a one-off per game, or forego the Dex entry for Silvally. You can't ever use your own Type: Null after evolving it because Silvally can't change back.

I want to build off of this comment and say that updating my Living Dex is a pain since you have to either get both versions for legendaries/UBs that evolve such as Cosmog and Poiple or transfer one to Bank, start a New game, get another, and trade that one for the other version exclusive. Hopefully the Switch Pokemon game will have multiple save files.

Last edited:

Luthor

It does frustrate me a little is that the Totem Pokemon that you can now get in the game don't have their own Pokedex page, it just seems disappointing not to make a bigger deal of them. I also would have preferred the stats to be a little better than the regular ones. They are still cool but they could have been a lot more fleshed out.