• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Got 2 more things that annoy me.

1. We finally got a physical Fairy type move that isn't Play Rough. The problem? Only Grimmsnarl can learn it, meaning everything else is still stuck with Play Rough. I'll pray Spirit Break loses its signature status in the future...

2. Gigantamax Pokemon actually have physical attacking animations, but they're never used because most of the Max/G-Max moves use the special attacking animations. It's a missed opportunity.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Turtonator on the menu screens (PokeDex, status screen etc). Why is it so small? It looks fine in battle but on the menus? It’s tiny. Even basic stage Pokémon appear bigger.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The Pokémon Company continually spamming my email with Pokémon Masters advertisements for months now while the game is literally not available in my country.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Can't stand people leaving raids in Sword and Shield at the last moment. If you don't plan on staying, don't join in.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What exactly is wrong with Play Rough? It's not weak nor does it miss a lot...
Yeah and with it being a TR now many Pokémon can learn the move compared to when it wasn’t a TR or TM in the case of LGPE. This means Fairy types that have strong Attack stats can use a STAB move that deals decent damage. Play Rough has a higher base power than Spirit Break and worth using.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
What exactly is wrong with Play Rough? It's not weak nor does it miss a lot...

There's nothing wrong with Play Rough. It's a good move yes, but I've just always wanted to see a few more physical Fairy type moves that isn't Play Rough (Even better if they're worth using). It's just nice to have more options.

Yeah and with it being a TR now many Pokémon can learn the move compared to when it wasn’t a TR or TM in the case of LGPE. This means Fairy types that have strong Attack stats can use a STAB move that deals decent damage. Play Rough has a higher base power than Spirit Break and worth using.

While Play Rough is more powerful than Spirit Break, the latter still has its uses. Always lowering the foe's special attack by one stage can be useful if you're up against special attackers. Play Rough is good, but Spirit Break isn't really useless garbage regardless.

Leonhart

Imagineer
OshyHikari said:
Ah yes, it sucks to have this when you live in a country where lootboxes are banned due to being labelled as "gambling"...

Speaking of gambling, I'm still a bit cross about Game Corners being excluded from the Pokemon games in the past few generations. It all started in the European copies of Platinum version I believe, and then beginning in Gen V no more Game Corners appeared in any of the core games worldwide.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Speaking of gambling, I'm still a bit cross about Game Corners being excluded from the Pokemon games in the past few generations. It all started in the European copies of Platinum version I believe, and then beginning in Gen V no more Game Corners appeared in any of the core games worldwide.
I am too. It's disappointing that they took them out.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
It can’t be helped due to changes in game rating regulations that games simulating gambling needing at least a “12” rating. The Let’s Go games did have a Game Corner due to it tied to the Celadon Rocket Hideout but none of the machines can be used by the player.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It can’t be helped due to changes in game rating regulations that games simulating gambling needing at least a “12” rating. The Let’s Go games did have a Game Corner due to it tied to the Celadon Rocket Hideout but none of the machines can be used by the player.
I wasn’t fond of the non-interactable game machines in Game Corner but you couldn’t just cut the buildings out of the Let’s Go games due to their iconic status and also heavily tied to the main story that no other building in Celadon could be used as a replacement.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Locked raids.
I wish you could censor them out. It's bad enough when you get 'new stamps' and not a single Raid is included, it's far worse when the only raids are locked and you don't realize it until you press A.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I wouldn't say this is gear grinding territory but I was thinking the other day 'Oh it's so cool how in spin-offs like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon you can get every Pokemon programmed in the game without outside help like transferring or trading or events' but then my thought train took a negative turn that went 'okay it's kinda inconvenient in the main games there's all these Pokemon programmed in them but there's a decent chunk that can only be accessed using outside help like having to buy a whole other game and a transferring tool or waiting for an event to happen and hoping you don't miss it'. It kinda makes the games feel less stand-alone and more like pieces of an even bigger product. I understand that trade evolutions and version exclusives are to promote social interaction and that it would get ridiculous having every single past legendary shoehorned in each new region so that keeps my salt from spilling. Still, I get this small itch when I can't access everything the game has to possibly offer without outside help.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Seeing the Pokémon GO mechanics seep further and further into other aspects of the franchise. It’s evident with the following.
- Let’s Go: GO catching mechanics and size variants
- Sword/Shield: Raids
- Pokemon 2019 anime: Gou, a main character designed to emulate GO-only players. GO-style Gym appearing in one episode. Ash and Gou working as researchers, much like the GO player character.

What’s going to be next? Main series stats system dumped in favour of the complicated CP system? Pokémon limited to just one fast attack and one energy attack? Evolution methods all replaced by candy?

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yea I'm kind of dreading anything like that. Liked Let's Go ok, but it's obvious that they're aiming more at the smartphone, competitive and speedrunning crowd these days,

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

Blame PEGI (Europe’s classification board) for tightening their rules and giving an automatic 12 (Europe’s answer to the T rating) classification to any form of gambling content. When the Gen 1 and 2 games came to VC, they were slapped with the 12 rating in Europe solely due to the Game Corner.

Luthor

This one has always annoyed me but Voltorb being mistaken for a pokeball despite how much bigger it is than a regular pokeball. I always wanted it to get a pre-evolution about the right size for a pokeball or for it to get a move that made that plausible. Like minimise or something.

This one has always annoyed me but Voltorb being mistaken for a pokeball despite how much bigger it is than a regular pokeball. I always wanted it to get a pre-evolution about the right size for a pokeball or for it to get a move that made that plausible. Like minimise or something.

That always bugged me too. Voltorb's too big to realistically pass for a PokeBall. I hate how Amoonguss has a similar problem.