• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Auraninja said:
If you think about it, there are many "pseudo-Psychic" Pokemon. One sort-of popular example is Venomoth, as you can see in Sabrina's team in R/B/FR/LG.

I've often wondered if it was meant to be part Psychic-type before Red and Green were finalized. Also, I'm a believer in the theory that Transel (Metapod) was originally meant to evolve into Morphon (Venomoth), and that Kongpang (Venonat) was originally meant to evolve into Butterfree instead given their similarities.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I've often wondered if it was meant to be part Psychic-type before Red and Green were finalized. Also, I'm a believer in the theory that Transel (Metapod) was originally meant to evolve into Morphon (Venomoth), and that Kongpang (Venonat) was originally meant to evolve into Butterfree instead given their similarities.
I heard that it isn’t true and there is some drawings made during the development of the games that clearly shows that Caterpie was always meant to eventually become Butterfree. The drawings I believe are on the Internet and I learned this in a YouTube video. In that video the artwork was shown as evidence.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I don't like that we have to catch a Pokemon that is G-MAX capable instead of it being something we can unlock in them. I had a Hatterene on my team and if I wanted to use it to its fullest potential I had to catch a different one completely.

Not sure if the DLC will rectify this or not since they seem to be doing that with the starters at least.

This so much. Like my toxtricity I got from the daycare in my shield playthrough doesn't have the g-max. I did manage to catch a g-max toxtricity when they were boosted in raids, but I just don't use it often because I'm attached to the one I raised from a toxel and used throughout the main campaign.

It would have been a lot better if the G_max unlocked once you raised the dynamax level of the Pokemon to 10. That way those early-midgame g-max capable mons you catch and grow attached to can still be used (particularly if their G-max form provides better usage ). Plus this would be helpful with Pokemon with g-max forms you transferred from older games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Monox D. I-Fly said:
Well, I tend to consider Dark, Ghost, and Fairy to be pseudo-Psychic anyway, since they are also magical... things.

I remember thinking that the Ghost-type categorization should've been merged with Psychic-type a long time ago and renamed as the Magic-type or something similar. I also find the Dark-type to be quite redundant since many Dark-types could've been Psychic-types, instead.

Monox D. I-Fly

I remember thinking that the Ghost-type categorization should've been merged with Psychic-type a long time ago and renamed as the Magic-type or something similar. I also find the Dark-type to be quite redundant since many Dark-types could've been Psychic-types, instead.
And what about the Fairy-type?

ebevan91

People who will join a raid with their shiny Pokemon with a 2 or 4x weakness just to flex.

Like bro nobody cares or will even remember you the second the battle ends.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
People who will join a raid with their shiny Pokemon with a 2 or 4x weakness just to flex.

Word. You end up bringing the raid down. Bring in useful Pokemon instead.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've talked about this here before but after finding new elements, I got even more pissed off:

This week I've found out Cherrim and Celebi can learn Solar Blade.

Yet Chespin/Chesnaught can't. Now I really don't get how they decide which pokémon gets a move and which doesn't. Why does GF sabotage the line so much?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The pokewalker from gen4 can be infuriating at times. You put the thing in your pocket and actually walk to accrue steps and watts. It's when the pokewalker bumps up against another item in your pocket and presses one of the buttons to search for a mon or an item an you lose the watts gained. There are even functions ie parameters and trainer screens one the pokewalker that when activated disable the step counter function when in that mode....until you go to a neutral setting ie on the mon or 5 option select screen so it can start counting. I lost out on 120 watts today bc it somehow set tone to max and did a shadow item search in pocket as i was walking back from shopping.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Same thing with the Galar Legendary Pokémon to Ground-type raids. I had one where the other three brought in a Zacian, a Zamazenta, and an Eternatus to a Gigantamax Sandaconda raid. This Sandaconda knew Earthquake and used it at every opportunity, causing those three Pokémon to all faint.

People! Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus are not instant win buttons for Max Raid Battles!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Same thing with the Galar Legendary Pokémon to Ground-type raids. I had one where the other three brought in a Zacian, a Zamazenta, and an Eternatus to a Gigantamax Sandaconda raid. This Sandaconda knew Earthquake and used it at every opportunity, causing those three Pokémon to all faint.

People! Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus are not instant win buttons for Max Raid Battles!

high horse power, earth power and other single targeting moves are rather useful in raids. I have Pokemon I use for offline raids with wide range target but also single target move when I join a raid and can't guaranty the g max turns. I still think those that bring a bad choice to a raid stupid but they probably are 7 yr old players that don't know better.

Though behemoth bash and behemoth blade seem to infiltrate the shield the raid mon has most of the time...

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Three words:
  1. Four
  2. Moves
  3. Syndrome
There should be a mecanic that allowsd a Pokémon to learn more moves, like say 12, but to only have 4 moves equipped at a time, and being able to swap moves. Restrictions could be applied to avoid swapping moves, such as during a tournament, online battles and such.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Mindy, the girl in Snowpoint City who trades a Haunter for a Medicham..........but the Haunter has an everstone!
That sucks. I get wanting people to trade with friends, but not everyone is able to.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
To add insult to injury she even makes fun about how she put something on her Haunter.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I just did a raid on Sword and all the people had shiny Pokémon that were 4x weak to the raid Pokémon. They then knocked me out and someone else out and tried to stall moves to show off. I just rebooted my game. I wasn’t going to sit through that.
That sucks. Don't blame ya there on that one.