• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Here's another one:

Store-exclusive events. They are extra annoying for those who live on countries who don't get them

Reading the main page and while it's just a worthless GMax Copperajah I'm still pissed they are doing store events right when the whole world is facing a pandemic.
It’s bad enough it’s Copperajah of all things but why would they encourage people during a pandemic when they have two ways to distribute it?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It’s bad enough it’s Copperajah of all things but why would they encourage people during a pandemic when they have two ways to distribute it?
Business. They want people to go to the store to shop. Still isn't a good idea, given the pandemic.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Here's another one:

Store-exclusive events. They are extra annoying for those who live on countries who don't get them

Reading the main page and while it's just a worthless GMax Copperajah I'm still pissed they are doing store events right when the whole world is facing a pandemic.

It's the United States, a country with a lot of people very unconcerned about the pandemic. There is one police chief in Florida, for instance, who has banned the protective masks if you're in his office or if you work for him.

(Won't go into politics because it never ends well, but this belief seems to span both sides of the political spectrum.)

You know how obsessed the higher-ups are with Gen 1...

I've noticed it happening since Generation V, but I think it's more to please the mainstream, who hold Generation I as the dearest for them and many of whom have little to no interest in other generations. Recall the backlash with Pokémon Black and White, in which no old Pokémon were encountered prior to the credits. Much of that came from Generation I fans who were appalled their favorites were either put into the post-game or were absent altogether.

To a lesser extent, you can see that with the Charmander line, especially with Charizard. Charizard gets special treatment because there is a mainstream bloc of people who buy Pokémon games solely on whether or not Charizard is in it, more so if Charizard gets something new.

In other words, it technically is an obsession with Generation I, but it's really more of an obsession with the money that comes in when Generation I gets prioritized.

MrJechgo

• Unown might not return anytime soon unless they bring back Hidden Power.
  • Unown NOT evolving into Sigilyph
  • Luvdisc NOT evolving into Alomomola
  • Minior NOT evolving into either Solrock (day) or Lunatone (night)
I mean, how complicated would it be from a gameplay perspective to make these changes?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
  • Unown might not return anytime soon unless they bring back Hidden Power.
  • Unown NOT evolving into Sigilyph
  • Luvdisc NOT evolving into Alomomola
  • Minior NOT evolving into either Solrock (day) or Lunatone (night)
I mean, how complicated would it be from a gameplay perspective to make these changes?
Unown I think should learn Stored Power, Cosmic Power, and Secret Power by level up as they wouldn’t make it overpowered but also not completely useless. And then let Unown learn the Swap TMs and maybe the Room moves to represent their known ability to warp reality.

MrJechgo

Unown I think should learn Stored Power, Cosmic Power, and Secret Power by level up as they wouldn’t make it overpowered but also not completely useless. And then let Unown learn the Swap TMs and maybe the Room moves to represent their known ability to warp reality.
Pretty sure that they can substitute Hidder Power for something else for Unown. My major gripe is that I've managed to find Pokémon that feel like "missing links".

MrJechgo

Minior would have a drastic downgrade in stats if it evolved into Solrock or Lunatone though. (Well, Shields Down Minior would anyway.)
It might be the case, but still... it would make more sense lore-wise, and both Solrock and Lunatone would get an upgrade in return ^^; Then again, give Minior an Eviolite and it's going to be manageable :p

That got me thinking: what about Pokémon that didn't have evolutions before, but later got one? Were their stats nerfed? I'm talking about Pokémon like Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Jinx, Tangela and so on.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
That got me thinking: what about Pokémon that didn't have evolutions before, but later got one? Were their stats nerfed? I'm talking about Pokémon like Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Jinx, Tangela and so on.
No, but aside from Scyther most of those weren't all that competitive in the first place, that's partially why they got those evolutions. Jynx still never received an evolution, although I do think it could use one. Scyther is more fanservice because it was popular (same with Onix, and both of those actually lose speed when evolving), they weren't all that interested in game balance back in the days of gen 2. I think Aegislash is the only pokémon to get a direct stat nerf later on, nerfing tends to be less popular than buffing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I never really liked how Mega Slowbro looked. It is definitely one of the worst Megas out there and I’m glad it isn’t in the games anymore. It just looked like a giant ice cream cone to me and brought up so many questions that I’d rather not think about. Pidgeot’s was also a bit disappointing visually.

Bill the Typhlosion

I hate it when people post lewd Pokemon fanart online. Some of it gets through Google's SafeSearch filter, which means that children are seeing it. I've learned the hard way that typing the names of my favourite Pokemon into Google Images isn't a great idea, not even with SafeSearch on. If someone wants to draw this stuff in the privacy of their own home then that's up to them I guess, but by sharing it online they're spoiling other people's enjoyment of the series.

Apparently it's possible to block certain websites from search results, which might help because a lot of the art I'm seeing seems to come from the same website.

Last edited:

Ignition

I hate it when people post lewd Pokemon fanart online. Some of it gets through Google's SafeSearch filter, which means that children are seeing it. I've learned the hard way that typing the names of my favourite Pokemon into Google Images isn't a great idea, not even with SafeSearch on. If someone wants to draw this stuff in the privacy of their own home then that's up to them I guess, but by sharing it online they're spoiling other people's enjoyment of the series.

Apparently it's possible to block certain websites from search results, which might help because a lot of the art I'm seeing seems to come from the same website.
As someone who's favorite is infamous for being associated with people who see it in a different angle than most, I completely understand where you're coming from. But at the same time I don't think they should be forced to stop that because it's not like they're making this content to spoil other people's enjoyment. I'd appreciate not seeing these type of pictures of my favorite just as much as you but I think that's more on the filtering of search engines.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

You think that’s bad? You should see what has been marked as being Kid Friendly on YouTube which you can’t even tell the site that the classification is wrong. I’ve seen videos with swear words in the title, South Park clips, Family Guy, The Boondocks, And Happy Tree Friends video’s being called kid friendly. It’s pretty messed up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
You think that’s bad? You should see what has been marked as being Kid Friendly on YouTube which you can’t even tell the site that the classification is wrong. I’ve seen videos with swear words in the title, South Park clips, Family Guy, The Boondocks, And Happy Tree Friends video’s being called kid friendly. It’s pretty messed up.

Speaking of the YouTube Pokemon community, I really dislike videos by fans who use the platform to state their personal opinions of the franchise as facts. In particular, I dislike "PokeTubers" who post prediction videos about Satoshi's (Ash's) future team line-up, especially since they almost always end up being wrong in the long run.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I just discovered one thing that annoys me: Alolan Sandslash has had Aurora Veil taken from it. This is not a Pokémon that needed to be nerfed, and I found some success online (and VGCs) in Generation VII with Alolan Sandslash as an Alolan Ninetales counter. Aurora Veil was important on the long-term in the battle. I brought my Alolan Sandslash to Generation VIII only to find out I have no way to keep its moves intact.

Might be more depressing that that's the sort of things some kids actively seek out.

Speaking of the YouTube Pokemon community, I really dislike videos by fans who use the platform to state their personal opinions of the franchise as facts. In particular, I dislike "PokeTubers" who post prediction videos about Satoshi's (Ash's) future team line-up, especially since they almost always end up being wrong in the long run.

These people are doing real damage to the rest of the fans, because they create expectations where there should just be speculations. This causes disappointment when whatever they predict doesn't come to pass, and disappointment leads to anger where there didn't have to be any.

On this very site, for instance, there were people thinking there would be a Pokémon themed on the Big Ben (not sure if they mean the bell or Elizabeth Tower) and another themed on the Nuckelavee, talking like it's going to happen. When it didn't happen, they got mad. If these wild guesses were treated as the wild guesses there were, there might've been disappointment, but there wouldn't be the anger.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
As someone who's favorite is infamous for being associated with people who see it in a different angle than most, I completely understand where you're coming from. But at the same time I don't think they should be forced to stop that because it's not like they're making this content to spoil other people's enjoyment. I'd appreciate not seeing these type of pictures of my favorite just as much as you but I think that's more on the filtering of search engines.

What are you talking about I went to google images, typed Incineroar and all looks the f...

Wait, that is... Ok, never mind.

Jokes apart, I've never thought Incineroar would get it as much as say the queens of lust like Gardevoir and Lopunny. Gee, I thought Primarina and Zeraora would be the bigger targets specially with Incineroar getting backlash because "it ain't quadrupedal!"

I've found those art tasteless but I agree it's more of a search engine's fault than anything.

Ignition

What are you talking about I went to google images, typed Incineroar and all looks the f...

Wait, that is... Ok, never mind.

Jokes apart, I've never thought Incineroar would get it as much as say the queens of lust like Gardevoir and Lopunny. Gee, I thought Primarina and Zeraora would be the bigger targets specially with Incineroar getting backlash because "it ain't quadrupedal!"

I've found those art tasteless but I agree it's more of a search engine's fault than anything.
Whenever I want to search up the general consensus of Incineroar in either competitive or Smash's periodic patches, I always have to remember that it attracts people in all sorts of..."interesting" ways

As you said, I'm not into that type of stuff but I'm not here to judge someone else's interests because a search engine can't properly filter NSFW content. They're free to post whatever they want but I'd prefer not to see it