• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

MrJechgo

Is it me... or is the notion of "primordial/primeval" getting out of whack? Arceus is the Creator God, the Tapus are Guardian Deities, the Ultra Beasts are Aliens and now Calyrex is a King that used to rule the Galar region. Anyone here that feels overwhelmed here? I think the series was way more believable when we had Mewtwo as a bio-engineered freak accident ^^;

On a sidenote, kinda hate that Glastrier doesn't know Glacial Lance and Spectrier doesn't know learn Astral Barrage, on their own. Yeah, it makes sense that Rider Calyrex can learn these, but not tha the mounts alone cannot. There's also the missed opportunity that Calyrex didn't get a special ability that would have worked like Steelworker (50% attack power for Steel), but for Grass.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pokémon Go events get even more ridiculous. The current research is time limited and requires 9 "nice" throws... IN A ROW. That's annoying. I like do researches my own pace, not having to rush. I don't feel like that'll make people want to keep on the game for longer.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pokémon Go events get even more ridiculous. The current research is time limited and requires 9 "nice" throws... IN A ROW. That's annoying. I like do researches my own pace, not having to rush. I don't feel like that'll make people want to keep on the game for longer.
Dang that sucks. I hate when they do time limited events as well. And throws in a row.

Nodqfan

(I posted about this in the Unpopular Opinions Thread but I realized it didn't fit that thread and I deleted it and I will put it here instead)

While HGSS are fantastic games one thing that they lose points with me on is the level curve especially late in the game. It is absolutely terrible there is no reason why the level of Pokemon in the Ice Path is only in the low 20's when the Pokemon inside the Blackthorn City Gym rage from 35 to 41.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dang that sucks. I hate when they do time limited events as well. And throws in a row.

I end up managing to do it today but those things are still very annoying. And as I said I want to do thing my own pace. Things like that won't make me more prone to play the game as I can just let the events go like I've done with similar researches in the past.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Even when it does its often Rock throw. It has Psychic.
I've seen it use both attacks. It's just too bad that most of the time it just uses rock polish. /facepalm

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And Pokémon Go now wants 3 nice curve balls in a row.

Screw those missions.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And Pokémon Go now wants 3 nice curve balls in a row.

Screw those missions.
*screams into the void - curveball missions suck!*

Agreed. They're a waste of Pokeballs.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
*screams into the void - curveball missions suck!*

Agreed. They're a waste of Pokeballs.

I looked at the site and it gets worse.

3 great curveballs in a row. THREE! And all for, what? Some Gengar Mega energy and a Gengar cosplaying as Banette? No thanks. Not a fan of Gengar anyway.

I'm terrified of the day they'll make this for Shinx. Or worse: they make one that require 3 excellent curvethrows in a row.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The Swoobat in Dynamax Adventures. Whenever it turns up for me the AI ALWAYS pick it no matter what I’m facing or what they had before. If it’s there at the start it’s always still there at the end. All the AI ever does with it is spam Speed Swap or Simple Beam which do absolutely nothing to help and it just ends up getting KOd repeatedly. A lot of the Rental Pokémon are bad but the Swoobat is easily the worst.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I looked at the site and it gets worse.

3 great curveballs in a row. THREE! And all for, what? Some Gengar Mega energy and a Gengar cosplaying as Banette? No thanks. Not a fan of Gengar anyway.

I'm terrified of the day they'll make this for Shinx. Or worse: they make one that require 3 excellent curvethrows in a row.
Yikes! That's a hard pass from me too. Not worth wasting Pokeballs on that.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Here's another mobile-game related.

Seeing the next event on Master is staring freaking Lisia really pisses me off. I wanted May in the game, not this idol garbage.

D

Deleted member 384931

I hate it when mobile games get more updates and love than console games. Pokemon café mix gets weekly updates, same with Go.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS, PLEASE FIX THOSE ANNOYING TREES!

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Oh yeah, one thing that DOES annoy me a bit: When some people talk about competitive Pokémon battling, the official rules (double battles, pick 4 Pokémon during Team Preview) seems to be an afterthought. For instance, on TV Tropes, there is a bunch of mention of competitive battling under the assumption you expect full-team single battles, whereas that is a fanmade ruleset, without even so much of a thought as to the VGCs rules existing. You can see that in Pokémon of the Week on this very site too. There is very little talk even about double battling, aside from certain things being only practical in double battling as if it was a novelty format rather than the one every official competition uses. The most notable case is that there is much talk about entry hazards being a crucial thing in these battles, even though in the games themselves, there's little use of that even in single battles due to picking only 3 Pokémon to a team due to so little switching taking place. (This renders both Dracovish and Galarian Darmanitan frequently impractical; you can see it in how neither made the top 10 in even Ranked Singles.)

For the record, early single battle teams of mine for the official games had entry hazard users and Rapid Spin/Defog users, but I quickly found myself never putting them to much use and later replacing them with strategies that I'd find more use for.

Is this a case of vocal minority, silent majority?

I personally think so. As far as the Pokemon company is concerned, 6v6 is a casual format and nothing more. And as far as I'm aware, there's no Smogon rules in Japan, so they'd be used to 3v3 singles and the official 4v4 doubles formats. A lot of English speaking countries tend to prefer Smogon formats, but they're also not the whole playerbase, so they can't account for everyone. People need to reliase that the Pokemon Company will pretty much never acknowledge Smogon and its rules officially, regardless of it they want them to or not.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I personally think so. As far as the Pokemon company is concerned, 6v6 is a casual format and nothing more. And as far as I'm aware, there's no Smogon rules in Japan, so they'd be used to 3v3 singles and the official 4v4 doubles formats. A lot of English speaking countries tend to prefer Smogon formats, but they're also not the whole playerbase, so they can't account for everyone. People need to reliase that the Pokemon Company will pretty much never acknowledge Smogon and its rules officially, regardless of it they want them to or not.

This.

Smogon is a fan site that does a good job helping people with strategies and stuff but their word shouldn't be absolute and shouldn't be the standard for battle formats and official competitions.