• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

MrJechgo

The fact that Regice doesn't get a much new in gen 8 like Body Press. It would be quite useful to get fighting type option not reliant on its terrible attack stat or have shaky accuracy like focus blast. Also the fact it has lost toxic and still no healing (outside of rest). Regice is my favourite design of the Regis but it seems like its going backwards.
Isn't a general problem for... all pure Ice Pokémon ^^; ? If not having 1, 2 or 3 more resistances isn't a problem, not having access to something that beats Fire, Rock, Fighting and Steel might. Regice learns a few... Physical Ground-type moves... when Earth Power would put its Special Attack to good use. Fighting Pokémon are weak to Flying, Psychic and Fairy... which you would need very specific reasons to give these moves.

NeedsAName

Isn't a general problem for... all pure Ice Pokémon ^^; ? If not having 1, 2 or 3 more resistances isn't a problem, not having access to something that beats Fire, Rock, Fighting and Steel might. Regice learns a few... Physical Ground-type moves... when Earth Power would put its Special Attack to good use. Fighting Pokémon are weak to Flying, Psychic and Fairy... which you would need very specific reasons to give these moves.

Wiþ Regice, maybe Dazzling Gleam because it's made of reflective ice? Or how about Psyshock, which just feels appropriate for all þe regis?

Luthor

A general problem it probably is. But with Regice it's the only non-new Regi (eg not counting Regieleki or Regidrago given they have extremly limited movepools by design) not to get Body Press so its a bit more noticeable and considering the number of fighting moves Regice can learn I feel it seems like a move it should get. I think you are correct Regice with earth power would make sense given its ground type options.

Wiþ Regice, maybe Dazzling Gleam because it's made of reflective ice? Or how about Psyshock, which just feels appropriate for all þe regis?

Dazzling Gleam I could see definitely given it can learns electric moves which are a bit dazzling.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We can never talk about NatDex without people being weird lol

Anyway, I think I’ve figured out why I lost interest in battling this Gen: the timer. I don’t know why they set it to just 20 minutes especially with how long Dynamax and GMax moves take. It’s clear they want everyone to play VGC but the least they could do is have a better timer.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
We can never talk about NatDex without people being weird lol

Anyway, I think I’ve figured out why I lost interest in battling this Gen: the timer. I don’t know why they set it to just 20 minutes especially with how long Dynamax and GMax moves take. It’s clear they want everyone to play VGC but the least they could do is have a better timer.
Because some people trolled via pointless timer stalling with hour long timers, that's why.

Does the name "Ray Tacadena" ring a bell?

Ignition

Because some people trolled via pointless timer stalling with hour long timers, that's why.

Does the name "Ray Tacadena" ring a bell?
The shorter timer incentivizes stall more. I’ve seen way more stall on BS than I did last Gen. You’re going to have people who stall regardless but this doesn’t help. At least give the option to customize match times like other PvP games

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The shorter timer incentivizes stall more. I’ve seen way more stall on BS than I did last Gen. You’re going to have people who stall regardless but this doesn’t help. At least give the option to customize match times like other PvP games
I'm specifically referring to stalling with no point last generation.

There were trolls online(And on YouTube/Twitch content) who would artificially extend a match for shits, giggles and views.

The lower timer prevents that kind of thing by making stalling have to have a point.

Ignition

I'm specifically referring to stalling with no point last generation.

There were trolls online(And on YouTube/Twitch content) who would artificially extend a match for shits, giggles and views.

The lower timer prevents that kind of thing by making stalling have to have a point.
Yes, there were. Trolls stalling has been a thing as long as Pokémon has had online battles. There are people who do it now just to BM their opponents. The lower timer is counterproductive because it doesn’t address the actual problem.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Yes, there were. Trolls stalling has been a thing as long as Pokémon has had online battles. There are people who do it now just to BM their opponents. The lower timer is counterproductive because it doesn’t address the actual problem.
To BM?

Are you saying that they're crapping on opponents?

Anyway..

The shorter time limit only actualy hurts YouTubers and Twitch Streamers who want banter, revenue and views.

Everyone of them needs to adapt rather than be intellectually dishonest about their motivations.

Very few people actually WANT to battle for an hour, especially when people have lives outside of the game.

Ignition

To BM?

Are you saying that they're crapping on opponents?

Anyway..

The shorter time limit only actualy hurts YouTubers and Twitch Streamers who want banter, revenue and views.

Everyone of them needs to adapt rather than be intellectually dishonest about their motivations.

Very few people actually WANT to battle for an hour, especially when people have lives outside of the game.
BM is bad manners. Regardless of the intentions of others, it hurts literally no one to implant an option to have the option to choose how long you would want to battle. You can say “but then x person can/can’t do y” but the choice minimizes this. An hour might be excessive but 20 minutes is just another extreme. It’s not that much to ask for.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
it hurts literally no one to implant an option to have the option to choose how long you would want to battle.
It hurts match-making. If one player selects one time and another player selects another time they can't get matched up. Given how difficult it already is to find match-ups in the battle spot nowadays I'd be against anything that restricts that timer even further. Also, how is 20 minutes short? Most of my battles take like 6 minutes tops or so, add 5 to find the battle in the first place to make 10 or so.

Ignition

It hurts match-making. If one player selects one time and another player selects another time they can't get matched up. Given how difficult it already is to find match-ups in the battle spot nowadays I'd be against anything that restricts that timer even further. Also, how is 20 minutes short? Most of my battles take like 6 minutes tops or so, add 5 to find the battle in the first place to make 10 or so.
I don’t see how you find it difficult to find matches. At most I’m waiting 30 seconds for a match. There’s always a lot of people whenever I see someone else streaming the game. For 6v6 20 minutes is short. For Doubles or 3v3 maybe not but for 6v6 that barely works. You could also just increase the timer for that specific format. It doesn’t hurt matchmaking at all

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
No.

Enlighten me on who this indivual is. Google wasn't being helpful when I tried.
A regular guest star on some sects of PokéTuber videos who is known for stall sets, and his friends excusing him doing it, while condemning others for similar tactics, past and present.

He gets views by appearing, especially when he stalls, and an extended timer does nothing but benefit Ray and his friends that have him and his 3,000+ boxes worth of gennable mons waiting to go of Free For All sets, most of which are Toxic/Will O' Wisp/Curse, Protect, Damaging move, and another move...while having max HP and Max one defensive IV and EVs....and winning a ton of FFAs via staying quieter while doing this kind of bollocks that the timer was shortened to lessen the wasted time that Ray and others like him promote.

He also functions as the genner and/or video editor for some people.

He's nice, but he is the reason a f**kton of his friends want a longer timer:To benefit from "Ray sets" for max views and max chat, shilling and banter.

When you have a term in the Twitch/YouTube Pokémon scene named after you, you should have more notoriety.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
He’s not that big of an online personality nor does he have a big influence in the community so I don’t blame you. Super funny though. Great guy when you watch him.
Funny person ispo facto good influence on game design and fandom backlash motivation.

Ignition

Dare I ask what's this about this general hatred for PokéTubers? Seems like a LOT of Pokémon players hate these...
I don’t watch most of them but I don’t care enough to hate them.I’m assuming it’s because they have a reputation of thriving off of clickbait and minimal effort but if you let that make you hate them in general, that’s genuinely sad.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Not PokéTubers per se, just their occasional intellectual dishonesty, lying and clickbait.

From DistantKingdom, Pimpnite, various sex offenders, MandJTVids and Verlisify, to DuncanCantDie, HoodlumCallum and Galactic Elliot...

They all have done something stupid at some point.

Though the former group has a worse habit of it than the latter ones.