• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokemon Masters does a really bad job of making certain types available. Dark and Fairy have very few options (and most are only sync scout available meaning they aren't always available). Considering Pokemon eggs are now a part of the game I think they should make some of the eggs Fairy and Dark to offer up more choices. I know there's a certain money aspect but a few options to make gameplay a bit more functional doesn't seem like it would be that big of an issue.

Yeah, I wish DeNA give those types as much attention as they're giving to Steel-types, which is also necessary and appreciated.

Did you express this sparsity via the game's Customer Support: Feedback section yet?

Last edited:

Luthor

Yeah, I wish DeNA give those types as much attention as they're giving to Steel-types, which is also necessary and appreciated.

Did you express this sparsity via the game's Customer Support: Feedback section yet?

I have appreciated the recent attention to steel types.

I have not as I've found ways around it for now if it caused more than mild annoyance maybe I would.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'm sorry, but the amount of posts and videos I've seen saying "Sinnoh remakes confirmed" is really getting on my nerves and I'm sick of seeing it right now. Nothing has been confirmed, and I believe there is a chance that these types of content can build false hype and if they don't reveal "Sinnoh remakes" that everyone is expecting, people will throw temper tantrums because it isn't what these "leaks" said it was.

I don't care about some guy on Twitter spreading info or domain names, they could be used for anything in the long run or hide something completely different. I will always be a firm believer of nothing is confirmed until official sources say so, and no one is changing my mind.

whiterocks

Man, that's bad. Masters is a decent game despite the "gambling" part of it (it's a gacha after all). I can understand why a country would want to banish even if I don't personally agree though.

What kind of game is Masters? It's my first time hearing it. In what aspect is the gambling part?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
What kind of game is Masters? It's my first time hearing it. In what aspect is the gambling part?
Gacha Gambling that is only legal where gambling is poorly regulated or not at all, with limited gameplay attached. Standard mobile low-brow content.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’s a gacha game which are notorious for using highly wanted yet rare characters to get people to shell out money to get more chances. There are characters that you can get through progressing through the story and the daily gifts but a lot of the best characters are behind limited time events. The main currency in the game, like other mobile games, is Gems which you can’t consistently grind but you can pay for. You gamble the limited amount of Gems you have to get your desired Sync Pair (Trainer and a Pokémon) but you’re not guaranteed one most of the time.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Idk why but it does bug me there isn't a proper female representation character in the latest anime. Chloe does not do it for me. I need something more out of her.

I do miss that they aren't using the female protagonist of each game version as Ash's companion like they did with May, Dawn, and Serena. I think they should have had Gloria part of the trio, or at least as a rival to Ash.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Idk why but it does bug me there isn't a proper female representation character in the latest anime. Chloe does not do it for me. I need something more out of her.

I do miss that they aren't using the female protagonist of each game version as Ash's companion like they did with May, Dawn, and Serena. I think they should have had Gloria part of the trio, or at least as a rival to Ash.
Gloria would just be blasted for not being stereotypically SCOTTISH like in the memes.

And we didn't have Hilda, Rosa, Selene or Elaine, either.

And don't get me started on Marina(Should have been named Kris) and Lyra...

But...

What really grinds my gears of late?

People who want the games to be "nostalgically" 2D again...based on romhacks/fangames -induced fantasies/unrealistic standards, and not having played the actual official 2D games.

(Especially the ones with zombie outbreaks and "de-makes")

Cultural osmosis(which is NOT nostalgia) from unsanctioned media is no basis for moving the franchise backwards.

Especially if your issues with 3D come from petty issues like the appearance of water(THIS ONE REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS), buying into a meaningless marketing tagline(Obvious) to the point of complete inflexibility, or a desire for EdGy Pokémon(The same people who think all media should be eDgY).

At this point, 2D ain't happening. Please get over it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Same. It bugs me ever since XY/Z ended.. In my opinion, we didnt get a proper girl companion since Serena

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Same. It bugs me ever since XY/Z ended.. In my opinion, we didnt get a proper girl companion since Serena
It would be Dawn for me. The female companions have done very little since Iris and their focus episodes have been cut in half since Dawn's 50ish focus episodes in DP. Its such a shame that the writing staff decided to do this for whatever reason.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Replaying Moon made me realize just how frustrating Intruder (SOS) Battles are, especially when wanting to capture a wild Pokemon by weakening it only to trigger a second wild Pokemon being called into the battle. While I can see the benefit of the feature when rare Pokemon appear, it's usually more of a nuisance than a help, for me at least.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
SOS would be better if you just a way to decrease the chance of it being triggered like having a Pokémon with Intimidate in the first slot or something like that.

Last edited:

MrJechgo

I hate how whenever you battling an NPC and they Paralyze or Confuse your Pokémon, you can never attack because of the Status but when you do the same, their Pokémon attacks constantly.
I remember in the last rival fight in Stadium, I had Pokémon Yellow, so Blue had Jolteon. His Alakazam used Thunder Wave... and it somehow managed to paralyze my Pokémon SIX TIMES IN A ROW... and Alakazam used Seismic Toss on me until my Pokémon fainted. If anything, I'd like for status effects to be temporary in every sense of the word, like being able to shake Paralyze, Burn, Freeze and Poison like the Sleep status wears off.

Another thing that grind my gears: Am I the only one who... kinda gets irritated when a dual type combination series... doesn't include Grass, Fire, Water and/or Electric? I dunno, it feels almost obsessive that the Fairy type doesn't have Fire, Fighting doesn't have Electric and so on XD It's like... "FILL THE GAP ALREADY" :p