• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

NeedsAName

Another thing that grind my gears: Am I the only one who... kinda gets irritated when a dual type combination series... doesn't include Grass, Fire, Water and/or Electric? I dunno, it feels almost obsessive that the Fairy type doesn't have Fire, Fighting doesn't have Electric and so on XD It's like... "FILL THE GAP ALREADY" :p

Actually, Water is one of only þree types to have been mixed wiþ all oþers! Psychic and Flying also have þis trait.

MrJechgo

Actually, Water is one of only þree types to have been mixed wiþ all oþers! Psychic and Flying also have þis trait.
Huh... the more you know ^_^
  • Water/Fire (Volcanion) is overdue for a non-Legendary/non-Mythical rep though :p
  • About Psychic:
    • Psychic/Dragon (Latias, Latios, Ultra Necrozma) and Psychic/Ghost (Hoopa, Lunala, Calyrex) need regular 'mon.
    • Psychic/Grass needs another regular 'mon aisde from Exeggutor; Celebi and Calyrex are the others.
    • Psychic/Fire could use another regular 'mon aside from Delphox and Zen Mode Darmanitan.
  • About Flying:
    • Electric/Flying needs another bird-like regular 'mon aside from Zapdos (Legendary) and Oricorio (specific move, limited moveset), and by bird-like, I mean not like Elmoga, Rotom and Thundurus.
    • Grass/Flying needs another bird-like regular 'mon aside from Rowlet and Datrix, as well as Jumpluff, Tropius and Shaymin
    • Fairy/Flying needs a bird-like regular 'mon, because Togetic and Togekiss.
Like I said, being obsessive XDD

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nothing grinds my gears more than people you set up trades with for a long time finally have a free day and the Pokemon that they're trading is called, "machamps.com"

And then their response is, "it's the Pokemon, what more do you want?"

In short; I hate trading with people. It's always a gamble. Not here as much, but still.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I hate how whenever you battling an NPC and they Paralyze or Confuse your Pokémon, you can never attack because of the Status but when you do the same, their Pokémon attacks constantly.
I hate that too. It got to be very annoying.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pokemon Go really annoys me with the current region researches. Some of the mission mons pratically don't spawn at all unless you live in the center of the city with lots of PokéStops.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
I hate how whenever you battling an NPC and they Paralyze or Confuse your Pokémon, you can never attack because of the Status but when you do the same, their Pokémon attacks constantly.

I've noticed that whenever I get lucky enough to Freeze an opponent, they naturally thaw out on their next turn 9 times out of 10, whereas my Pokemon stay Frozen for several turns every time they get that afflicted with that status condition. It's asinine.

On an unrelated note, I always thought it was vexing that Po Town never gets fixed up and reinstated as a normal community, not even in the post-game in US/UM.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Best way I can describe the older games rng in terms of status conditions, is that the game favors the house, in this case, other trainers, gym trainers, the Elite 4.

Last edited:

ChuckNorris

Nothing grinds my gears more than people you set up trades with for a long time finally have a free day and the Pokemon that they're trading is called, "machamps.com"

In short; I hate trading with people. It's always a gamble. Not here as much, but still.
This is kinda off-topic, but I've gotten a couple of shiny Ultra Beasts over Wonder Trade. They were both nicknamed Machamps.com. Probably the same guy

OwensJB

The Eon Ticket distribution was super annoying in the old games. You basically had to pay for the e-Reader thing and also buy a certain issue of Nintendo Power to get the physical ticket and then scan it.

Also when ORAS came out the Eon Ticket was given out to only a few players at first and they had to pass it out to others using StreetPass but if you lived in a big country the chances of getting one that way were so slim it wasn't worth the time.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Eon Ticket distribution was super annoying in the old games. You basically had to pay for the e-Reader thing and also buy a certain issue of Nintendo Power to get the physical ticket and then scan it.

Also when ORAS came out the Eon Ticket was given out to only a few players at first and they had to pass it out to others using StreetPass but if you lived in a big country the chances of getting one that way were so slim it wasn't worth the time.
I actually got super lucky and got the Eon Ticket from waiting in the airport to go to Taiwan. I then tried to pass it off by using Street Pass at places like McDonald’s when I could. I still have the info on my 3DS.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Guess its gonna be happening less now. Lol

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Regarding the recent announcement;

"The Pokémon Company have announced a new ban wave is coming to Pokémon Sword & Shield and Pokémon HOME. In their notice, they make mention of how some players are using altered data and others are causing issues impairing the function of games or apps for others. Due to this, a new ban wave is to start for players who have been modifying their save data
Players hit by these bans will be restricted from online play in Sword & Shield, can't use trading features or can no longer use Pokémon HOME. This follows on from the agreement in the Terms of Service prohibiting save modification. TPC says that bans can be temporary or permanent and no refunds will be issued. These measures will also be taken regularly in the future and more measures imposed if necessary."

I doubt there will be much impact. Those Pokemon are still going to be around. But still. Might encourage some paranoid players to actually get rid of them.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Regarding the recent announcement;

"The Pokémon Company have announced a new ban wave is coming to Pokémon Sword & Shield and Pokémon HOME. In their notice, they make mention of how some players are using altered data and others are causing issues impairing the function of games or apps for others. Due to this, a new ban wave is to start for players who have been modifying their save data
Players hit by these bans will be restricted from online play in Sword & Shield, can't use trading features or can no longer use Pokémon HOME. This follows on from the agreement in the Terms of Service prohibiting save modification. TPC says that bans can be temporary or permanent and no refunds will be issued. These measures will also be taken regularly in the future and more measures imposed if necessary."

I doubt there will be much impact. Those Pokemon are still going to be around. But still. Might encourage some paranoid players to actually get rid of them.
The pokemon that are names by these names are not legal ? :eek:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I dunno...I think an Ability called "Intimate" might make SOS calling more likely.

That time when a mistype turns out completly wrong :(

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Cheaters piss me off so much. Almost traded a hack to someone here due to an oversight.

GTS's issues are such an easy fix (well at least I think so but wtf do I know??), yet it has taken them several years to kink out the problems. Ridiculous. I may never use GTS again after that.

There's my gears grindin', hot and live.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
GTS's issues are such an easy fix (well at least I think so but wtf do I know??), yet it has taken them several years to kink out the problems. Ridiculous. I may never use GTS again after that.
The problem is how cheating evolved over the years.
It begin as obvious hacks with lousy checksums, to a computer synthesized pseudo-legit Pokemon.

I don't think there is a golden solution to prevent hacks entirely.