• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Some Pokémon... questionable design:

• Drampa not having a distinct female version, like how Jellicent has. Then again, it should have been called Drelder (Dragon + Elder) if it was the case ^^;

Disctinct features shouldn't be invented except if it subtle, I get bad enough headaches everytime i need to unsee those female Wobuffets with lipstick on. And i thought Jynx was already bad enough with her giant lips.

Female pikachu with the heart-tail is a good subtle example for how to do it right.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Some Pokémon... questionable design:
  • Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur not being more frog-like... I don't understand why it took so long to reveal their inspiration.
  • Houndoom NOT having ears O_O
  • Sneasel having only one ear
  • Feebas not having distinct traits from Milotic, similar to how Magikarp has Gyarados's whiskers
  • Electivire's eyes not being like Electabuzz's
  • Gliscor's eyes not being like Gligar's
  • Heatmor's... whatever tube that comes out of its belly o_O
  • Barbaracle's hand-shaped head XD
  • Klefki having the same 4 keys... when like Spinda, it could have gotten multiple forms with 4 keys out of 10 possible ones
  • Any Pokémon with clothing... which apparently are part of their bodies :p
  • Drampa not having a distinct female version, like how Jellicent has. Then again, it should have been called Drelder (Dragon + Elder) if it was the case ^^;
  • Thwackey, Raboot and Drizzile all looking like troublesome teenagers... and I really would like to know if it was intended XD
  • Dubwoll losing Wooloo's braids ;_;
  • Applin, Flapple and Appletun having flap eyes... which is disturbing o_O
  • Arctovish's inverted head; I know it's the joke, but... how on Earth can you flip a fossil head by mistake? and no, even the anime episode doesn't make sense about that. I kinda can understand Dracovish, thinking that the tail might look like an actual body, but the head being upside-down? Come on now. They got it "right" for Dracovish, so who actually thought "Oh yeah, the maw clearly goes upward" :p !?
1.) Houndoom’s ears are the horns. It’s not immediately obvious but yeah those are the ears.
2.) I have always seen the Bulbasaur line as being toads which isn’t exactly the same as frogs but it’s close.
3.) the feather is Sneasel’s other ear.
4.) Feebas’ fins become the long hair fins Milotic has

MrJechgo

Disctinct features shouldn't be invented except if it subtle, I get bad enough headaches everytime i need to unsee those female Wobuffets with lipstick on. And i thought Jynx was already bad enough with her giant lips.

Female pikachu with the heart-tail is a good subtle example for how to do it right.
Male Jellicent has a mustache and Female Jellicent has lipstick... and no harm was done... right ^^; ?

Pokefan_1987

Male Jellicent has a mustache and Female Jellicent has lipstick... and no harm was done... right ^^; ?
Male Jellicent's big body-mustache actually looks really funny. But somehow the female ones gives me chills.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm really annoyed at Pokemon Home erroring out when I search or trade sometimes.

Pokefan_1987

My current nuisance is that omega ruby takes a absurd time hatching eggs. my togepi still hasn't hatched after a hour of driving from west to east on route 117 and verdanturf :) (got togepi egg yesterday and 2 hours in no progress)
Worst of all thehatching o-power are weak. Add i'm lvl 16 slugma with using magma armor for speeding up progress but i've feel like i barely made progress.

sword made egg hatching so easy

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My current nuisance is that omega ruby takes a absurd time hatching eggs. my togepi and larvitar still havent hatched after a hour of driving from west to east on route 117 and verdanturf :) (got togepi egg yesterday and 2 hours in no progress. I'm also hatching larvitar since i dislike foreign names on my team) worst of all o-powers are weak. Add i'm lvl 16 slugma with using magma armor for speeding up progress but i've feel like i barely made progress.

Are you using the Mach Bike? Because that makes a big difference.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
My current nuisance is that omega ruby takes a absurd time hatching eggs. my togepi and larvitar still havent hatched after a hour of driving from west to east on route 117 and verdanturf :) (got togepi egg yesterday and 2 hours in no progress. I'm also hatching larvitar since i dislike foreign names on my team) worst of all o-powers are weak. Add i'm lvl 16 slugma with using magma armor for speeding up progress but i've feel like i barely made progress.

Larvitar takes a long time, but Togepi shouldn't take anywhere near that long. Do you actually have the egg in your party?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Also do you have a pokémon with flame body or magma armor in your team?

Pokefan_1987

To make the answers short.

I have the Mach Bike and Magma Armor. I finished Larvitar today since i was levelling others including Beldum. Haven't done Togepi today again but Larvitar took approximately 90 minutes. I worked on Togepi i did it around 20:00 yesterday till 22:30.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Really weird. It shouldn't take too long if you are biking and had a magma armor/flame body pokémon is in the party.

Pokefan_1987

Yeah this is odd. I know my game isn't broken. I guess i'll have to hunt for flame body exclusively and try that on togepi. Which ones have the highest chances for having flame body? I haven't checked my Magmar yet that i evolved my Magby from.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If I remember correctly, the Togepi you get from ORAS takes longer to hatch than most Togepi eggs.

Pokefan_1987

BTW need someone to verify if this togepi has good stats or not

Lvl 15
Abbility: Hustle
Nature: Rash
HP: 38
ATK: 13
DEF: 29
SP ATK: 23
SP DEF: 22
SPD: 12

Moves: Metronome, Yawn, Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball

TyranatarGojira

I'm really annoyed at Pokemon Home erroring out when I search or trade sometimes.
Going into the GTS in HOME, see Regieleki and Glastrier trending on the trading, try putting in their names, see the name autofill, try to look for them, and am informed they don't exist. Guys at least make a different message saying that pokemon is not avaliable for trade via GTS yet or something.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Going into the GTS in HOME, see Regieleki and Glastrier trending on the trading, try putting in their names, see the name autofill, try to look for them, and am informed they don't exist. Guys at least make a different message saying that pokemon is not avaliable for trade via GTS yet or something.
I think the trading message might mean they’re being asked for frequently, not that they are available.
I checked and there are some available, but only for Regidrago, Glastrier, Spectrier, and Regieleki.

TyranatarGojira

I think the trading message might mean they’re being asked for frequently, not that they are available.
I checked and there are some available, but only for Regidrago, Glastrier, Spectrier, and Regieleki.
Well I'm getting it to work now. Maybe I was just not checking the box to look for legendaries? Well let's see about some trading.

Also wait and see if they'll ever make the items for the Wolfs or the steed you didn't pick avaliable in SWSD or if I'll have to wait for a game and try to guess what version they'll add them too.