• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

MrJechgo

And male Unfezant have a masquerade mask,
Which is pretty cool ;)
Male Jellicent's big body-mustache actually looks really funny. But somehow the female ones gives me chills.
It can be disturbing ^^;

Still, Pokémon has added significant gender differences over time, but that fact that Drampa doesn't have that is a little weird. In Japanese, its name is Jijilong, with "Jiji" meaning "old man", so even then, it was intended for Drampa to look male, despite having a equal gender ratio.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pokemon Go 'research breakthrough rewards', they're mostly junk these days which they force people to open just to complete other tasks.

Newsflash, Niantic, maybe people would do that if they had something worthwhile as a reward. That's why people wait. Don't punish them for doing so.

Not everyone has the access to a bunch of friends to complete 4 to 5 star raids, so those occasional Legendary Pokemon breakthrough rewards really helped out.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So much this. The rewards have been trash aside from the Shinx week and the upcoming Gible one. But the last two months have been solely for Kanto garbage that plagues 90% of the game already.

Another thing it piss me off? Limiting us from getting free raid passes if we have more than 3. People farm so they can chase their favorites.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
So much this. The rewards have been trash aside from the Shinx week and the upcoming Gible one. But the last two months have been solely for Kanto garbage that plagues 90% of the game already.

Another thing it piss me off? Limiting us from getting free raid passes if we have more than 3. People farm so they can chase their favorites.
Good point about the passes. Especially when a raid doesn't work out. It's great to have extras on hand.

And in terms of raids, I remember being at one where 20 people were participating in it. It was a Mewtwo one. And they were unable to take it down. It's in part why raids need to be scaled down so that people have more of a chance at them. Not everyone is a high lv 30s trainer or a lv 40 or up one.

Luthor

Pokemon Go 'research breakthrough rewards', they're mostly junk these days which they force people to open just to complete other tasks.

Newsflash, Niantic, maybe people would do that if they had something worthwhile as a reward. That's why people wait. Don't punish them for doing so.

Not everyone has the access to a bunch of friends to complete 4 to 5 star raids, so those occasional Legendary Pokemon breakthrough rewards really helped out.

It was particularly annoying as we never got a true Regi event as the event they did for them was shared with the legendary beasts. My luck was terrible and only got Registeel and so many Suicune.

Good point about the passes. Especially when a raid doesn't work out. It's great to have extras on hand.

And in terms of raids, I remember being at one where 20 people were participating in it. It was a Mewtwo one. And they were unable to take it down. It's in part why raids need to be scaled down so that people have more of a chance at them. Not everyone is a high lv 30s trainer or a lv 40 or up one.

Remote raids were a useful but they really aren't as useful as I hoped. Mostly given the limits of number of people that can join for a battle remotely. They have their uses for 1 or 2 stars (maybe a weak 3star) but otherwise hard to get enough people.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It was particularly annoying as we never got a true Regi event as the event they did for them was shared with the legendary beasts. My luck was terrible and only got Registeel and so many Suicune.

Remote raids were a useful but they really aren't as useful as I hoped. Mostly given the limits of number of people that can join for a battle remotely. They have their uses for 1 or 2 stars (maybe a weak 3star) but otherwise hard to get enough people.
Exactly. I got some stuff, but only via rewards. Raids were a no go for the most part. I remember being able to participate in a Giratina raid. Me and some other people beat it, but I wasn't able to catch it. It was my only chance at one.

Same here. I can do up to 3 stars myself, but 4 and 5 ones are still a no go.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For a 5 one we need over 5 people. I did try with Latios with the help of 3-4 people (I did on the forums' discord) yet we couldn't beat it.

I beat a Zapdos one with 3 other people and mostly because of the players were level 47 already

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
For a 5 one we need over 5 people. I did try with Latios with the help of 3-4 people (I did on the forums' discord) yet we couldn't beat it.

I beat a Zapdos one with 3 other people and mostly because of the players were level 47 already
As in 5 very high level people. I'm thinking the one in my area that had 20 people in it, had quite a few people in it who weren't high level and probably some who might not have been as familiar with what's effective against the raid Pokemon.

Nice.

Trillion

this is more of an idea than something that actually bothers me, but i feel that Mr Mime's name could be retconned to Mystermime in america, as in mystery and mime. the pronunciation would still be the same and the word mystery would also tie into the fairy typing. i know it's name is what it is because it's a gen 1 pokemon but after gen 2 it's just weird that there are female Mr Mime lol

Mr Rime's name could change too and Mime Jr's name could actually stay the same

MrJechgo

this is more of an idea than something that actually bothers me, but i feel that Mr Mime's name could be retconned to Mystermime in america, as in mystery and mime. the pronunciation would still be the same and the word mystery would also tie into the fairy typing. i know it's name is what it is because it's a gen 1 pokemon but after gen 2 it's just weird that there are female Mr Mime lol

Mime Jr. - Mr. Mime - Mr. Rime to Minimime - Signamime - Taparime
That what I think should be a good rename ;)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Really hate when people disconnect from raids, as they're starting. It was a full 5 star one, me and 2 other people, along with the raid host. Argh.

Leonhart

Imagineer

While I don't have any real attachment to its English name to begin with, I don't think that TPCi changing it now is a good idea. It's likely to be extremely controversial and would simply cause more strife among the fandom than we already have. I wish they'd gone with a gender-neutral English name to begin with, but alas.

MrJechgo

While I don't have any real attachment to its English name to begin with, I don't think that TPCi changing it now is a good idea. It's likely to be extremely controversial and would simply cause more strife among the fandom than we already have. I wish they'd gone with a gender-neutral English name to begin with, but alas.
Genders were added in Gen 2 ^^; Then again... what prevents them from creating new gender variants? I mean, both Froslass and Gallade were added one gen later, and Miltank is a suitable bovine Pokémon alongside Tauros.

We could use...
  • A male Kangaskhan (Fighting/Ground); Coreekang (Coreeda + Kangaroo)
  • Female versions of Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Sawk and Throh, which could cover Grass/Fighting, Ghost/Fighting, Electric/Fighting, Fairy/Fighting and Water/Fighting
  • A male version of Salazze
  • Male versions of Lilligant and Tsareena
  • Male versions of Alcremie and Florges

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I badly underestimated Sophocles during Mina's Trial. Togedemaru flinched me a lot until Incineroar defeated it.

But Totem Ribombee. Had to use toxic on my 2nd attempt. Then let Ribombee die shortly and i used Primarina to kill off Pelippe. But that tiny fairy bee packs a wallop after 2 Quiver Dances.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Rotom continuing to give you advice in the post-game of Ultramoon. At that point it's quite irrelevant.
Good thing the OG 3DS screen is small compared to the upper. I rarely noticed or interacted with him so he didn't really give advice, I just got his questions of events out of the way. I did hate his comments about wanting to create new photos.

On another note while Ultra Sun is a great and challenging. I'm angry Game Freak doesnt allow skipping the credits. I hate that, Ultra Sun has one of the lengthiest credits in the series. X & Y have the longest however.

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Speaking of Rotom, anyone here a little puzzled that it didn't get new forms since Gen 4? I could have seen a jackhammer (Electric/Ground; Earthquake), a vehicle (Electric/Steel; Iron Head) and a jukebox (Electric/Normal; Boomburst). Dude, a computer (Electric/Ghost; Spite) would have been perfect, given that Rotom can possess the Pokedex.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Speaking of Rotom, anyone here a little puzzled that it didn't get new forms since Gen 4? I could have seen a jackhammer (Electric/Ground; Earthquake), a vehicle (Electric/Steel; Iron Head) and a jukebox (Electric/Normal; Boomburst). Dude, a computer (Electric/Ghost; Spite) would have been perfect, given that Rotom can possess the Pokedex.
Agreed, although I do wonder if Rotom could have a pokedex looking form in Gen 9 when that comes out. Maybe it will get more forms in the future but it might be a long time. Like take Eevee for example. It got forms in Gen 1, 2, 4, 6 (or Pokemon X/Y), and that's it so far. In Gen 6 it only got one more form so I'm not sure if Rotom would get another form other than maybe at least 2 (I think 3 or 4 might be too much for now).