• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ever look at the track listing for Mewtwo Strikes Back? Half of those songs don’t have anything to do with Pokémon. Don’t Say You Love Me is actually about a guy the singer had just met and he tells her that he loves her and she tells him he doesn’t because he doesn’t even actually know her or something similar to that. Soda Pop by Britney Spears is ripped directly off of her first album, and Somewhere, Someday by NSYNC really has nothing to do with Pokémon. The second movie’s soundtrack is just as random. There is one song on the soundtrack literally called Blah, Blah, Blah which is just weird to be connected to Pokémon. Seriously, if you heard a song called Blah, Blah, Blah, would you think it was connected to the Pokémon franchise?
I prefer the jap pokemon songs

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It's sad. I can't find a new copy of Black 2 for less than £200. And people actually buy them for even more than that. So sad.

And I hate throwing a quick ball on the first turn and there's not even a single wobble. On weak pokemon, too.
Same with me when i forget to bring someone with a False Swipe or status moves to catch wild pokemon and end up wasting a LOT of Ultra Balls that i'll never get back. Doesn't matter if it is a weak or late game pokemon but i can't even begin to count how many times i forget about this. The box link in sword and shield greatly solved this problem.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
No, it isn't. What I'm saying is, since that particular room can't ever become permanently unaccessible in OR/AS, unlike in Generation III, there was no need to make Snorunt appear outside of that room, as it was always cool how it was hiding in an obscure location despite not being all that rare.
I can sort of see what you’re saying. Snorunt isn’t like Feebas which was incredibly infuriating trying to fish for in Gen III. It just had the bad luck to be found at a time based location that could be permanently blocked.

Akashin

No, it isn't. What I'm saying is, since that particular room can't ever become permanently unaccessible in OR/AS, unlike in Generation III, there was no need to make Snorunt appear outside of that room, as it was always cool how it was hiding in an obscure location despite not being all that rare.

I see it the exact opposite way: there was no particular reason to make them that obtusely hidden to begin with. The way ORAS did it, making them rare encounters throughout the cave and common specifically within the icy room (up to 40% from to 10% in RSE, whereas the encounter rate outside that room in ORAS is half that at 5%) feels far more natural and less irritating, personally speaking.

Pokefan_1987

I can sort of see what you’re saying. Snorunt isn’t like Feebas which was incredibly infuriating trying to fish for in Gen III. It just had the bad luck to be found at a time based location that could be permanently blocked.
I can see how the Shoal Cave is annoying. You can only access the cave during low tides and you have to remember where the damn location is :mad: same goes for the Hidden Meadow, you can't ever fly there, you have to dive in a obscure underwater path close to Sootopolis City.

However Feebas has now gained a great permanent location next to a certain stone in the big river in ORAS (instead of having to datamine the game and finding out which of 4 directions of that tile you find it) But it only responds to the Old Rod if i remember correctly.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
However Feebas has now gained a great permanent location next to a certain stone in the big river in ORAS (instead of having to datamine the game and finding out which of 4 directions of that tile you find it) But it only responds to the Old Rod if i remember correctly.
Any Rod will work. Feebas is similar to Magikarp in that any Rod has a chance to fish one out of the water.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Finding out you can not evolve Kadabra on emulators
On that note, simple trade evolutions don’t bother me too much because I know they’re trying to promote that major aspect of the game. But trading with held items I’ve always found stupid, even as early as Gen 2.

Pokefan_1987

On that note, simple trade evolutions don’t bother me too much because I know they’re trying to promote that major aspect of the game. But trading with held items I’ve always found stupid, even as early as Gen 2.
Trade items are the indeed badly though out. They are often limited to 1 of each found in the wild per game... and you might accidentally sell them to a store. Tough luck getting one than 1 metal coat for both Scizor and Steelix for example. This is easy without a trusted partner to get and own both. It wasn't until later games with battle facilities and battle trees started selling these limited items the for points.

Many items have big prices which is a pain if they are also only available there including the Razor Claw for Weavile and Gliscor (So you don't get them early in a normal playthrough) Mega Stones in Ultra Sun and Moon are still by far the worst, 64 battle points a piece. It comes down to which ones you don't want.

Luthor

Trade Pokemon that have good moves as Egg moves. Like Conkeldurr and Mach Punch. Just feels like an extra hassle.

MrJechgo

On that note, simple trade evolutions don’t bother me too much because I know they’re trying to promote that major aspect of the game.
Version exclusive Pokémon were already enough for people to trade. Trade evolutions have become a real pain, because you need to organise a meeting so you can trade to evolve and trade back to get your new Pokémon. With breeding, natures, abilities and whatnot, people don't want to be trading over and over just to get "the perfect specimen".

I swear, it's surprising that Pokémon hasn't fallen at the same level of greed as Animal Crossing got with turnips ^^;

Pokefan_1987

Version exclusive Pokémon were already enough for people to trade. Trade evolutions have become a real pain, because you need to organise a meeting so you can trade to evolve and trade back to get your new Pokémon. With breeding, natures, abilities and whatnot, people don't want to be trading over and over just to get "the perfect specimen".

And pokemons like shelmet and karrablast evolutions are also really annoying to finish both entries

One recent thing is really grinding my gears is how absurd the ammount of needed ultra sun pokemon, are transfer only. What i mean is pokemon from several generations including generation 2, 4 and 5 being the worst culprits. A lot these generations are not included in the main game.
People who don't use poke bank since i don't have any nintendo ds models that possess cartridge ports for Game Boy for complex transfers and many DS pokemon games can't be found since our only second hand game store focuses on PS3 and PS4

This means i have to slowly use the GTS system to fill over 500 pokemon not in Ultra Sun (not counting legendaries). I did Guzzlord as part of this since Guzzlord level 4 portals are hard to get, he has a absurdly low encounter in these portals and Guzzlord has one of the lowest catch rates.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Gear Grind

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Well we are lucky that only one pokemon line has it and Klingklang line doesn't have the Technician Ability to boost the attack.
Imagine going through Dynamax Adventures, finding a Klinklang, and getting all four hearts wiped out in a single battle. Klinklang can move twice in DAs, which means it can set up Gear Shift, and single-handedly destroy any Pokémon that opposes it.
This has happened multiple times.