• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Imagine going through Dynamax Adventures, finding a Klinklang, and getting all four hearts wiped out in a single battle. Klinklang can move twice in DAs, which means it can set up Gear Shift, and single-handedly destroy any Pokémon that opposes it.
This has happened multiple times.
F

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Imagine going through Dynamax Adventures, finding a Klinklang, and getting all four hearts wiped out in a single battle. Klinklang can move twice in DAs, which means it can set up Gear Shift, and single-handedly destroy any Pokémon that opposes it.
This has happened multiple times.
Still Zygarde is literally a king of bosses. If you don't have a good ability like wide guard then prepare to see your hitpoints rapidly drop. Both Lands Wrath and Thousand Arrows can hit multiple pokemons. Took me 20 retries in a single night to defeat him. (I wasn't shiny resetting.)

If Dynamax Adventures didn't have the options to memorize the current boss he would be even worse. Also i'm annoyed we can't find or capture any old Mythicals yet in Dynamax Adventures.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Still Zygarde is literally a king of bosses. If you don't have a good ability like wide guard then prepare to see your hitpoints rapidly drop. Both Lands Wrath and Thousand Arrows can hit multiple pokemons. Took me 20 retries in a single night to defeat him. (I wasn't shiny resetting.)

If Dynamax Adventures didn't have the options to memorize the current boss he would be even worse. Also i'm annoyed we can't find or capture any old Mythicals yet in Dynamax Adventures.
Oh, yes. Zygarde should just go away.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Honestly, it drives me nuts when I face a trainer and their whole team is Magikarps or Metapods haha.
Look, just because you can't win those battles is no reason to hate them.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Lol.

When I have things to get done in the game, I don't feel like wasting my time with some trainer spamming harden with six Metapods. Everyone's different I suppose and may find enjoyment out of this.
With those types of trainers, I just let normally weaker Pokémon such as Wimpod take them out. A Magikarp that only knows Splash will never trigger Wimp Out since it has high PP and isn’t lowering Wimpod’s health. Metapod is slightly different as sometimes they will know Tackle while other times they don’t so that where low leveled Fire and Flying types come in. Or Unown in the Johto games.

Teravolt

With those types of trainers, I just let normally weaker Pokémon such as Wimpod take them out. A Magikarp that only knows Splash will never trigger Wimp Out since it has high PP and isn’t lowering Wimpod’s health. Metapod is slightly different as sometimes they will know Tackle while other times they don’t.
I just one-shot them with a Legendary or other powerful mon. I don’t have time, y’know?

TheWanderingMist

I just one-shot them with a Legendary or other powerful mon. I don’t have time, y’know?
Plus, Magikarp man becomes the much more threatening Gyarados man in at least one of the games, I think it's 4th or 5th gen.

Pokefan_1987

Oh, yes. Zygarde should just go away.
Still once you have him, he can curbstomp most enemies in raids and is a good choice in the Galarian Star Tournament. Still legendaries are banned in the Battle Tower if i remember correctly.
I never take him off my teams. I do rotate team members based on typings. But i'm not into online competitive matches, everything is complex IMO Including strengths checks, breeding for IV's and leveling everything.

Teravolt

Still once you have him, he can curbstomp most enemies in raids and is a good choice in the Galarian Star Tournament. Still legendaries are banned in the Battle Tower if i remember correctly.
I never take him off my teams. I do rotate team members based on typings. But i'm not into online competitive matches, everything is complex IMO Including strengths checks, breeding for IV's and leveling everything.
Glad to know I’m not the only one who dislikes competitive. I adore Zygarde myself.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I find it unusual and slightly annoying that Regina (girl in Isle of Armor who gives you regular forms for regional ones), does not have a reg. Yanmask for Galarian Yanmask trade. I find it annoying because I like things to be fairly well represented. She also has two separate Weezing trades.

Teravolt

I find it unusual and slightly annoying that Regina (girl in Isle of Armor who gives you regular forms for regional ones), does not have a reg. Yanmask for Galarian Yanmask trade. I find it annoying because I like things to be fairly well represented. She also has two separate Weezing trades.
Another NPC somewhere in the games has that trade. Dunno where, exactly.

Pokefan_1987

But can regular Yanmask be transferred and evolve into regular Cofagrigus? Or does regular Cofagrigus have to be transferred with Pokemon HOME

Still Wandering Spirit has better potential by stealing a opposing pokemons ability but laughably bad if you steal a ability like Truant or Slow Start. Regular Cofagrigus turning abilities into Mummy is situational.

Luthor

But can regular Yanmask be transferred and evolve into regular Cofagrigus? Or does regular Cofagrigus have to be transferred with Pokemon HOME

Still Wandering Spirit has better potential by stealing a opposing pokemons ability but laughably bad if you steal a ability like Truant or Slow Start. Regular Cofagrigus turning abilities into Mummy is situational.

Regular Yamask (unovan) will always evolve into Cofagrigus even in Galar. I've done that evolution myself and it definitely works.

Pokefan_1987

Regular Yamask (unovan) will always evolve into Cofagrigus even in Galar. I've done that evolution myself and it definitely works.
Thanks I forgot about it since it was so long since i finished the the entire pokedex for Galar and the DLC's. It was so time consuming doing everything, transferring pokemon go critters and other hoops and hassles that i never want do it again.

I'm still not sure i i found all of the alolan Diglet's on Isle of Armor. (even going through videos is a big pain)

TheWanderingMist

Did you test it by using the Galarian Yamask evolution method on it?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ice type having only one true resistance, in itself

TheWanderingMist

Ice type having only one true resistance, in itself
Agreed. Fire most definitely did not need a 6th resistance and Ice desperately needed one, ergo, the Fairy resistance should have gone to Ice and not Fire.