• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Agreed. Fire most definitely did not need a 6th resistance and Ice desperately needed one, ergo, the Fairy resistance should have gone to Ice and not Fire.
So a type Dragon is weak to resists the other type Dragon is weak to?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
For those commenting on the whole Yamask thing, I know there are other methods.
It's just that I like to have everything to line up and be even, so the lack of an IoA trade annoys me.

DawningWinds

I summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon!
So a type Dragon is weak to resists the other type Dragon is weak to?
I don't see why them both being types Dragon is weak to is an issue? Steel is immune to Poison, and those are the only weaknesses Fairy has, and Dragon has another weakness in itself. Ice resisting Fairy wouldn't make Ice the better counter for Dragon by any means, it would just give Ice a much needed boost, especially since its one real use was made effectively obsolete given that Fairy counters Dragon and is immune to Dragon moves.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Perhaps Ice weakness to Fighting should be removed and be effective against Water instead of just Freeze Dry. Lakes easily freeze over in real life.

MrJechgo

Perhaps Ice weakness to Fighting should be removed and be effective against Water instead of just Freeze Dry. Lakes easily freeze over in real life.
Honestly, Ice should be resistant to Grass, Water and Fairy.

Pokefan_1987

A really annoying thing has been bothering me. Acquiring Thunder Stone in Pokemon X. The Super Secret Training (Lvl 100) are ridiculously tough) SInce only my lvl 100 Yveltal wants to train but my lvl 100 Greininja and lvl 100 Zapdos they never want to.

The second other method is annoying since you only have a 50% chance of breaking "Natural Objects" in a correct area like route 13, there is only 1/4 chance of getting a Thunder Stone and i have been using Hyper Voice like the guides say.
The last and worst method that darn Invel and the reverse weakness challenge. It's too difficult to predict what he uses and memorize everything, Shedinja was one of the worst offenders in this so i swore not to fight him again.

Reason for all this gripe? I need several stones including for a jolteon, a eelektross and other electric evolutions. and Stone Emporium in Lumiose City doesn't sell Thunder Stones. :mad:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
But can regular Yanmask be transferred and evolve into regular Cofagrigus? Or does regular Cofagrigus have to be transferred with Pokemon HOME

Still Wandering Spirit has better potential by stealing a opposing pokemons ability but laughably bad if you steal a ability like Truant or Slow Start. Regular Cofagrigus turning abilities into Mummy is situational.
Did you test it by using the Galarian Yamask evolution method on it?
For those commenting on the whole Yamask thing, I know there are other methods.
It's just that I like to have everything to line up and be even, so the lack of an IoA trade annoys me.

Y'all do know all of this is on Serebii.net, right?

It's literally right there in Yamask and Cofagrigus' SWSH dex pages.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just wanted a Yanmask trade in Isle of Armor simply so it can be nice and even.
I know about the trade in Balloonlea.
I know about Cofagrigus in Dynamax Adventures.
I know about bringing one in Pokemon Home.

Luthor

The Kalos elite four, each one only has 4 pokemon each, no mega evolutions, and don't even improve in post game. Makes it feel rather too easy to beat them.

Pokefan_1987

The Kalos elite four, each one only has 4 pokemon each, no mega evolutions, and don't even improve in post game. Makes it feel rather too easy to beat them.
I remember that. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Sun & Moon series only have one thing in common. The Elite 4 spike several levels after you first defeat them. Going from roughly 50 to 70.

That's not the worst of it. A lot of strong trainers in Sun/Moon Ultra Sun/Moon have 5 at most. This is noticeable for all of Alola Elite 4 and title defense challengers.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That the pokemon anime sensored Olivia cuz her top was too bared, but they didnt sensor prof Kuki although he was basically half naked, without a shirt at all. So its ok for men to walk half naked in public but women cant wear a short top?
The Kangaskhan Kid had the one instance in all of Pokémon’s entire history of a man having nipples being shown on screen.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That the pokemon anime sensored Olivia cuz her top was too bared, but they didnt sensor prof Kuki although he was basically half naked, without a shirt at all. So its ok for men to walk half naked in public but women cant wear a short top?
Yeah I don't get why they censored Olivia when we had Misty in her OS clothes and Dawn's skirt in DP since those would be worse imo.
Also that was just gross with that topless guy in the Kangaskhan Kid episode lol, and that entire episode was horrendous in general.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So ur saying its ok for men in pokemon anime to be half naked?
No. I’m saying that it is uncomfortable watching a half naked man interact with children but that is far from being as messed up as the Kangaskhan Kid dad flashing his nipples to some children and Officer Jenny. It is also super weird that this lunatic is also the only human male to be show having nipples when there’s also Chuck or Bruno who walk around shirtless.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
No. I’m saying that it is uncomfortable watching a half naked man interact with children but that is far from being as messed up as the Kangaskhan Kid dad flashing his nipples to some children and Officer Jenny. It is also super weird that this lunatic is also the only human male to be show having nipples when there’s also Chuck or Bruno who walk around shirtless.
For some reason the writers think its ok to show half naked men in the anime like this discusting Kuki, but women cant wear short clothes

Pokefan_1987

There are logical reasons and actually most of the girls do have short clothing. But times have changed and the show is for kids so people are being more strict when to comes acceptable clothes in cartoons.

Misty: She had a T-Shirt and shorts, and suspender belt. This was a tomboy look when rules were more more relaxed.

May: Sports clothes, spandex shorts and bandana, but kinda or the revealing side. Still society was still relaxed with acceptable designs. But May did have quite a chest growth for a 10 years old trainer.

Dawn: Here we see a outfit that covers a lot including big boots and a long skirt. Most likely since Sinnoh can be cold and and wet marshes and occasional rough weather.

Iris: This covers a LOT but most likely since Iris is from a mountain village where it can get cold.

Serena: Here outfit are more fashion themed and Kalos has more hot areas so it makes sense to travel lightly in central areas.

Sun and Moon: Professor Burnet has a cropped T-Shirt and Olivia also has a short outfit. For the classmates it makes sense to dress lightly. Alola is a VERY SUNNY region and you don't want to sweat a lot. Mallow cover more since she uses a apron in the kitchen.

However outfits like the Female Hilda/Touko from Black and White 1 would not be allowed. Her "hot pants" are so short that parents would be concerned about the emphasis on her butt (male gaze)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There are logical reasons and actually most of the girls do have short clothing. But times have changed and the show is for kids so people are being more strict when to comes acceptable clothes in cartoons.

Misty: She had a T-Shirt and shorts, and suspender belt. This was a tomboy look when rules were more more relaxed.

May: Sports clothes, spandex shorts and bandana, but kinda or the revealing side. Still society was still relaxed with acceptable designs. But May did have quite a chest growth for a 10 years old trainer.

Dawn: Here we see a outfit that covers a lot including big boots and a long skirt. Most likely since Sinnoh can be cold and and wet marshes and occasional rough weather.

Iris: This covers a LOT but most likely since Iris is from a mountain village where it can get cold.

Serena: Here outfit are more fashion themed and Kalos has more hot areas so it makes sense to travel lightly in central areas.

Sun and Moon: Professor Burnet has a cropped T-Shirt and Olivia also has a short outfit. For the classmates it makes sense to dress lightly. Alola is a VERY SUNNY region and you don't want to sweat a lot. Mallow cover more since she uses a apron in the kitchen.

However outfits like the Female Hilda/Touko from Black and White 1 would not be allowed. Her "hot pants" are so short that parents would be concerned about the emphasis on her butt (male gaze)
And men like this discusting Professor Kuki being top less?

Pokefan_1987

And men like this discusting Professor Kuki being top less?
Thats because parents are less concerned since Hawai and Australia are known for surfer culture. That's probably where the idea for Kukui's wrestling abs came from. People accept cool things like phsysically in good shape. But too much sexy is not accept on tv shows that are often on channels like Cartoon Network.

Nintendo probably don't want angry mother banning pokemon all of a sudden and having to be on adult swim or streaming where there are parental controls available as a precaution. That means more difficult to advertise their cash cow anime.