• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The one female NPC I think is really pushing the shorter clothes limit is actually Candice. I think her skirt is way too short and should be lengthened until it is prep school length which would still keep her original look in mind without changing too much. The martial artists and male swimmers I’ll give a pass to for being shirtless in the anime and the boys as well during beach themed episodes but I sort of see the issue of having a teacher in school not wearing a shirt. It is a bit too distracting.

Morax

King of heroes
That the pokemon anime sensored Olivia cuz her top was too bared, but they didnt sensor prof Kuki although he was basically half naked, without a shirt at all. So its ok for men to walk half naked in public but women cant wear a short top?
I really don't want to say this but The anime's target demographic is predominantly male. A lady walking around half naked is erotic and therefore inappropriate. iirc there was an interview that said girls were "eye candy" . I know it sounds sexist but that's how it is.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The one female NPC I think is really pushing the shorter clothes limit is actually Candice. I think her skirt is way too short and should be lengthened until it is prep school length which would still keep her original look in mind without changing too much. The martial artists and male swimmers I’ll give a pass to for being shirtless in the anime and the boys as well during beach themed episodes but I sort of see the issue of having a teacher in school not wearing a shirt. It is a bit too distracting.
Finally some1 with a common sense.
A teacher that teaching kids while being shirtless in SCHOOL IS NOT ok.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Why not lol? It's not like they're sexualising it or anything, or making shots excessively focusing on it. Kiawe also never wears a shirt. I'd say it's more just showing that Alola culture is fairly free and lax when it comes to dress codes, the kids also don't have school uniforms, which is also unusual by Japanese standards.

The eye candy stuff was maybe relevant 20 years ago when they added characters like Ivy and Prima and Giselle (or Misty's sisters), nowadays they really don't do that anymore, they know Pokémon sells just fine without needing cheap eye candy. Heck, Journeys cares so little for it they don't even have a female protagonist that actually shows up in most episodes.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They had to name Goh like that? Could they make it anymore obvious hes promoting Pokemon Go?
Lets just call Ash “ red and blue”
Its something I would expect from the anime these days.
Speaking of the anime they really should do away with the weekly format and go the seasonal route of 13-26 episodes per year and get rid of all the filler. I feel like the weekly scheduling is outdated and I've grown tired of it after watching Pokemon, Naruto, Yugioh, and the Dragonball franchises.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They had to name Goh like that? Could they make it anymore obvious hes promoting Pokemon Go?
Lets just call Ash “ red and blue”
I know the name is very "in your face", Jane, but see, "Gou" (ゴウ) is an actual given japanese name.

There's a lot of animes with a character named "Gou". It's kind of like "Ruby". There IS a Pokémon game with this name, but alone it passes off as a normal person name.

So in the end it's more like using an actual, existing name and to make a pun.

I'm more surprised the dub kept it, even if came with the extra "h", to be honest.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Finally some1 with a common sense.
A teacher that teaching kids while being shirtless in SCHOOL IS NOT ok.
Kukui actually bends that rule by being in a teaching overcoat. But completely topless wouldn't be a good rolemodel in class unless on the beach in blazing hot temperatures. Also i wonder why he wears those shades all the time. Are they custom glasses for daily life or really expensive colorless sunglasses?

Nanu isn't a good model for a good police officer. Those Meowth are rampant in his office. He skips most of his work and Po Town is a run down lawless area where he doesn't mind letting the Skull Gang run loose. I bet he is lazy since it's looks like a Dark Type attribute and either he and Guzma are old friends or Guzma regularly pays a small fee to so Nanu leaves them alone as long as they don't hurt Acerola.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Why not lol? It's not like they're sexualising it or anything, or making shots excessively focusing on it. Kiawe also never wears a shirt. I'd say it's more just showing that Alola culture is fairly free and lax when it comes to dress codes, the kids also don't have school uniforms, which is also unusual by Japanese standards.

The eye candy stuff was maybe relevant 20 years ago when they added characters like Ivy and Prima and Giselle (or Misty's sisters), nowadays they really don't do that anymore, they know Pokémon sells just fine without needing cheap eye candy. Heck, Journeys cares so little for it they don't even have a female protagonist that actually shows up in most episodes.
Yeah demographic has shifted from otakus to fujos now which is even more disgusting.

Luthor

In Sunlight there are two moves you can use for boosted healing (moonlight and morning sun) . In Sandstorm there one move for boosted healing (shore up) but there are no healing moves for rain and hail. Just feels incomplete.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Pokefan_1987

Yeah demographic has shifted from otakus to fujos now which is even more disgusting.
Fujoshi...yuck did not need to learn that right now. eeww *grabs puke bag* And i thought Otaku collecting objects like bodypillows with anime girls dakimakura covers which are available NSFW artwork were questionable.

And now that reminds me even more why i hate kissing scenes in every super hero related film for the last 10 years. *barfs again*

Lets stay on topic.:cool:

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In hindsight, the fact it took four generations before we got a region based on a country that isn't where the creators are from. Even then, two regions are from another country.

Huh...noticed that 5 and 7 are based on US states, 1-4 on the home land, and 6 to 8 are original.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I always have to be Hate shirtless guy trope in film and television shows book yet we the one who sexualized girls apparently ......make us guy feel bad not reach really sexually look guys for women and gay mens hungry for it

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I really don't want to say this but The anime's target demographic is predominantly male. A lady walking around half naked is erotic and therefore inappropriate. iirc there was an interview that said girls were "eye candy" . I know it sounds sexist but that's how it is.
Banned all nsfw will create more problem though aka black market shop

Luthor

In hindsight, the fact it took four generations before we got a region based on a country that isn't where the creators are from. Even then, two regions are from another country.

Huh...noticed that 5 and 7 are based on US states, 1-4 on the home land, and 6 to 8 are original.

Well with gen 6 with inspiration of France and gen 8 with inspirations from the United Kingdom and two American ones for gens 5 and 7 I'm hoping the next regions continue this trend. Personally I'd like to see Egypt or Greece next as there's so many fun legends to explore.

Pokefan_1987

Well with gen 6 with inspiration of France and gen 8 with inspirations from the United Kingdom and two American ones for gens 5 and 7 I'm hoping the next regions continue this trend. Personally I'd like to see Egypt or Greece next as there's so many fun legends to explore.
Anything is possible, but we already have Yamask and Cofagrigus.

Luthor

Anything is possible, but we already have Yamask and Cofagrigus.

Well to be honest I could see Yamask and Cofagrigus to have been imported to Unova and originally from another region but was just recorded there first. I always found them awesome Pokemon but an oddity in unova.